Don't book Mayan Temples Excursions after 2012!

Islandbear

Love it. I remember reading about it somewhere and how it stops. I thought that I had read it stops, then starts all over again from the beginning according to their beliefs. (Not because the world is ending). But who knows.

It wouldn't stop me. :D

Love this comic. hehe

Great cartoon! Eat that John Cusak!!

For those still believing the hocum, remember they've only found one minor stelae that could even be exaggerately translated into a date anywhere near our crrent calendar's 2012. That's out of thousands of calendar related stelae found thus far.

What are Mayans doing with an Aztec Calendar? One calendar system had nothing to do with the other.

The essentials of the Maya calendric system are based upon a system which had been in common use throughout the region, dating back to at least the 5th century BCE. It shares many aspects with calendars employed by other earlier Mesoamerican civilizations, such as the Zapotec and Olmec, and contemporary or later ones such as the Mixtec and Aztec calendars. Although the Mesoamerican calendar did not originate with the Maya, their subsequent extensions and refinements of it were the most sophisticated. Along with those of the Aztecs, the Maya calendars are the best-documented and most completely understood.

Archived