Grand Turk w/ 2 & 4 year olds

HALrunner

I've been skimming the grand turk port page and haven't found any ideas on what to do with our two and four year old. Have any of you been there with kids? What would you recommend? We like everything from lazy (secluded) beach days to ???? just about anything:)

Honestly, I would treat Grand Turk as a beach day. A beach with free loungers is right at the end of the pier, however, the beach is rocky. Very easy to get off the ship when you are ready and even get back on the ship for lunch. Also there is a pool at Margaritaville. When we were last there we went to the pool in the afternoon and it was pretty calm (not a real party atmosphere).

We are going with our 4 yr old at the end of this month. I'm leaning towards an island tour followed by some time at the beach. I didn't see many activities that appealed to me since I don't snorkel or dive.

I agree with all of the other posters- beach day for sure. I'll be at GT in April with my 5 and 9 year olds...we originally planned on renting a cabana in front of Margaritaville and spending the day lounging at both the beach and pool, but after researching a bit I think I will skip the cabana rental and just head down the beach a bit from the pier and spend the day at Jack's Shack.

Have a wonderful day whatever you decide...:)

I have been to Grand Turk a couple of times with young kids. The first time my kids were 1, 3 and 4 and we went to Margaritaville. Before getting off the ship, in my mind it would have been a party atmosphere but when I walked in, it is a family atmosphere.

I went again,this past summer. and the kids were 3, 5 and 6. We went to Margaritaville yet again. So to answer your question, plop a chair under a palm tree or find a chair with an umbrella in Margaritaville and enjoy one of the cheaper days in port. When the kids get hungry, take the short walk back to the ship and eat the food included in your cruise fare.

• 2 weeks later...

We took our kids that age to the huge Margaritaville pool there and then the beach. The pool was all one depthy-shallow so it was nice for the kids. We were afraid it would be more "bar type" atmosphere bt it was surprisingly family friendly with lots of other families there enjoying themselves. Proabable because it's the only restaurant in port near the ship that you dont have to take a taxi to get to.

Awesome information as I will be taking my 6 yr old there in less than a month! I think Margarittaville will be the place for us! Was almost considering the Gibbs Cay and Stingray adventure but hmmm maybe this would be a better option. My baby is more interested in having fun 'watertime' than adventure!

Archived