New to cruising......AND to posting....please excuse!! :)

meltingmoments

Hi everyone, just thought I'd take a moment to join in the forums! :)

My family and I recently cruised for the first time on The Norwegian Sky from Miami to the Bahamas.....3 day cruise.

I was so nervous, I can tell you! No matter what anyone said to convince me otherwise, I was CONVINCED I would feel every movement! Of course I never felt a thing.....I didn't even know we had set sail till I walked out onto our balcony and saw Miami receding into the distance!!

We had a fab time on the Sky...so much so we are now considering a longer cruise on the Epic next year......any advice gratefully received! :D

My family and I recently cruised for the first time on The Norwegian Sky from Miami to the Bahamas.....3 day cruise.

I was so nervous, I can tell you! No matter what anyone said to convince me otherwise, I was CONVINCED I would feel every movement! Of course I never felt a thing.....I didn't even know we had set sail till I walked out onto our balcony and saw Miami receding into the distance!!

We had a fab time on the Sky...so much so we are now considering a longer cruise on the Epic next year......any advice gratefully received! :D

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Now you are a "seasoned" cruiser:D What advice do you need.

When you have questions, jump on in and ask. Folks will respond.

When you decide where you want to go, check out the Ports Of Call boards. Lots of info there.

Continually check the prices. Like airfare and other travel, the price goes up and down with demand and availability.

When you select a trip go over to the roll call board and join in.

Have a good day,

Deb

Welcome to Cruise Critic, meltingmoments....:)

Now that you've sailed on your 1st cruise, obviously enjoyed yourself AND are already looking to book another, longer cruise....there's no escaping the fact that you are now a addicted to cruising--just like the rest of us.

Just ask away, there are many knowledgeable people here who can help with just about any question you may have.

Enjoy planning your next cruise!;)

We took the family on the Epic this past April.....The BEST trip we ever had!!!!!! Sooooo much to do, we had a blast. The shows were great, the food was awesome. You will have the time of your life.

Also welcome to cruise critic. People here are great, they have tons of advice. Makes planning your cruise so much fun.

Happy cruising what ever you choose

Welcome aboard.

Best advice for a newbie?

Scan down and read postings from the past week.

You will be AMAZED how much information you will find.

Questions not to ask:

Can I bring booze?

What is the wine corkage fee?

Can I get on the internet?

What night is formal night?

What happens if the price goes down?

Can I book a suite and bring my neighborhood to Cagneys with me?

What does room xxxx look like?

What will the weather be like on Feb 23, 2013?

What time can we board?

Will I like the food?

Who is the current CD (even though I cruise next year)?

Okay - some of these are fine. Once you have been here a week or so, you will see some of the subtle humor in the above comments.

Enjoy.

I think that's everyones first impression.....looking out and "HEY...we're moving"......

:):) Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

Good advice read here already!! Some of you are really seasoned cruisers, hey?Just looking at your lists of cruises you have been on makes me jealous! ;)

I shall certainly heed all the tips I have read on here.....am already constantly checking out prices.....I like a bargain!!

I shall be on half-term holidays in a couple of weeks so my computer will be working overtime, checking prices and reading posts on here!

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to becoming a seasoned cruiser myself! :)

Welcome aboard.

Best advice for a newbie?

Scan down and read postings from the past week.

You will be AMAZED how much information you will find.

Questions not to ask:

Can I bring booze?

What is the wine corkage fee?

Can I get on the internet?

What night is formal night?

What happens if the price goes down?

Can I book a suite and bring my neighborhood to Cagneys with me?

What does room xxxx look like?

What will the weather be like on Feb 23, 2013?

What time can we board?

Will I like the food?

Who is the current CD (even though I cruise next year)?

Okay - some of these are fine. Once you have been here a week or so, you will see some of the subtle humor in the above comments.

Enjoy.

Me again.....forgot to say.....these questions made me laugh.....and I have to be honest and say......the only one I asked was " what time can we board?"....and that was only because I was excited.....HONEST!!! ;)

Welcome meltingmoments. Glad to have you here.

My first cruise wasn't that long ago and I swore at that time I would never do another because I got seasick. Well that lasted for about 3 months and then a friend suggested using ginger. Of course I just had to try it and now 4 cruises later we are so looking forward to trying NCL and DH the other day started talking about doing an Alaska cruise.

Even when I'm not getting ready for a cruise I love reading CC because of all the tips I pick up. There are some wonderful folks here.

Welcome! My wife and I's first cruise was also the Sky out of Miami, but we did the 4 day to the Bahamas vice the 3 day. We enjoyed it so much, we bought in to the hype and laid down a deposit on a future cruise that we had 4 years to cash in. As you can see below, we didn't wait 4 years.

We also enjoyed NCL so much that we're pretty much convinced we're not going on another line unless we get a good deal!

My 1st cruise was in 1997 and I did not go on another one until Jan. 2010 (don't know why I waited so long!!!). I then realized how much I LOVE cruising and went on my 3rd one three months later in April, 2010. My next one is not until March, 2012, but who knows, maybe I'll find a deal and go on one between now and then. I'm sure thinking about it. ;) :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the cruising world....... :)

Hi Melting, Glad you had a great time! Welcome from one new cruiser to another...just want to say how much I loved our cruise last year, and am so looking forward to the next.

To be honest, my reason for cruising is not because of a great value - we do better on land vacations - but cruises are the ultimate splurge of being cared for. And I do believe that NCL does that quite well, even if you have less than a suite.

I am taking my family and parents in a few months, and am looking forward to having a week without cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. will be a first for our family and am am 100% sure that we will enjoy every minute!!

Best Wishes to you!

Once again, thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

To christiecruise......I hope you and your family enjoy your first cruise together!:)

Our cruise on the Sky included our 17 year old daughter.......who actually wasn't going to come on holiday with us this year..... it's not cool is it? ;)

That was...until she saw what we were planning! So, I'm sure she won't be with us next year.......she'll hopefully be at Uni....so to have her with us was great....made my hols!!:)

To phrogpilot73.....I think NCL are good value too....I shopped around, believe me!!

To Wildcatllamas......glad the ginger worked!! Lol

To PreciousCruiser.....I like your style!!:)

Happy cruising everyone.......looking forward to hearing all about them.

Archived