New Self Service Wine Dispenser in Library...the Irony

Celebrating40

Oh come on...we've all seen this and many other changes that have left some of us shaking our heads as making perfect sense in the mind of Cahill. Cahill is Alpha and Omega. What we think matters not.

The idea didn't come from Cahill. The concept is nothing new... they're everywhere and growing. Google "self-serve wine-tasting"... I see it more as Carnival jumping on the bandwagon.

And I'm quite sure there will be some kind of staff stationed to straighten up, answer questions, and "keep the kids from getting boozed up on their parents' card". :rolleyes: LOL.

Why will this change? Do you believe it's going to be parrty central in the mornings just because you can self-serve wine there?

I don't believe you are going to have to deal with "people getting boozed up" in the library.

If you do then Carnival has real problems.:eek:

Oh so there is some unwritten rule on board CCL that says no drinking booze in the morning? If so they didn't tell the folks belly up to the bar first thing in the morning on the lido deck on my last cruise.

I just think if you can't get enough booze between the bars, clubs, roving waiters, in the all the eating places and in your cabin that you were sitting in the library jonesing for wine that you problably do have a problem. Not everyone drinks (hello AA meetings) and it was nice knowing that at least in the library it was a nice quiet space without drunks. And if you think a wine vending machine isn't going to change that then I have some lovely land in south Florida that I'll sell you for pennies an acre.

Oh come on...we've all seen this and many other changes that have left some of us shaking our heads as making perfect sense in the mind of Cahill. Cahill is Alpha and Omega. What we think matters not.

How true.

I don't know what this guy is thinking.

I can so see myself relaxing with a book and sipping some wine. I don't think it's going to be a problem and I'm sure they will anticipate problems and make adjustments as needed.

Ok so I'm going to ask you all a question. Will this really be such a big deal that you have to complain about it??

People boozing it up in the mornings???? Come on, it's wine not a tequila dispenser. The Lido deck pool is probably going to be a heck of a lot boozier (is this a word? If not it should be, I like it) than the library.

I'm sure the AA meetings will be appropriately repoed.

Can we not open ourselves to the changes that are going on instead of complain about every little thing?

So the menu is always the same <wah> ok now they changed it and I don't like this, this and this.

People are smoking in the rooms and I don't' like it. Ok so no more smoking in the rooms and some of the lounges....... oh boo hoo they are now smoking on the balcony.

It seems like every change they try to do people are getting all upset about it.

Why not wait and see how it works before complaining???

JMO, Carole

I almost fell off my chair lol....tequila dispenser. Hahaha!

And I have no complaints about the new dispenser, was just an observation regarding locale. I, myself, will be sipping away with my iPad in hand in the library when the time comes.

I'm actually leaning toward suggesting a flavor rum dispenser in the chapel:p;)

I can so see myself relaxing with a book and sipping some wine. I don't think it's going to be a problem and I'm sure they will anticipate problems and make adjustments as needed.

Ok so I'm going to ask you all a question. Will this really be such a big deal that you have to complain about it??

People boozing it up in the mornings???? Come on, it's wine not a tequila dispenser. The Lido deck pool is probably going to be a heck of a lot boozier (is this a word? If not it should be, I like it) than the library.

Can we not open ourselves to the changes that are going on instead of complain about every little thing?

So the menu is always the same <wah> ok now they changed it and I don't like this, this and this.

People are smoking in the rooms and I don't' like it. Ok so no more smoking in the rooms and some of the lounges....... oh boo hoo they are now smoking on the balcony.

It seems like every change they try to do people are getting all upset about it.

JMO, Carole

Actually YES this is kinda a big deal. No one is saying take away booze and only sell it in the library. What people are saying is if you need to have a drink that bad that you're praying to God they add a wine vending machine to a LIBRARY then go to any of the THREE new bars or any of the existing ones. Not every single person sailing on the ship wants to drink every single second on their cruise. What's next, adding a vending machine in the bathrooms so you don't have to walk anywhere to get your booze on? Cruise ships are limited on space so it's nice to go to a quiet inside spot to read, play a board game with your family or just get away from people. Not too mention this will just do wonders for CCL party reputation. "Come to CCL where even our books come with booze."

I almost fell off my chair lol....tequila dispenser. Hahaha!

And I have no complaints about the new dispenser, was just an observation regarding locale. I, myself, will be sipping away with my iPad in hand in the library when the time comes.

JMO, Carole

Actually YES this is kinda a big deal. No one is saying take away booze and only sell it in the library. What people are saying is if you need to have a drink that bad that you're praying to God they add a wine vending machine to a LIBRARY then go to any of the THREE new bars or any of the existing ones. Not every single person sailing on the ship wants to drink every single second on their cruise. What's next, adding a vending machine in the bathrooms so you don't have to walk anywhere to get your booze on? Cruise ships are limited on space so it's nice to go to a quiet inside spot to read, play a board game with your family or just get away from people.

Well see??? You have your opinion and I have mine!!! I for one don't "need to have a drink so bad" however there is something nice and relaxing about going somewhere and sipping a glass of wine and reading a good book, I am of the opinion the library should be quiet and NOT have families playing games, traditionally libraries are quiet and noise not tolerated. Luckily I have a balcony and can sip wine. I don't drink at home, but have been known to have wine with dinner or <gasp> even have a rum drink during the day onboard. Stating that it's like disparate alcoholics simply because they want a wine with a book is rather judgemental don't you think?

And just so you know, my next suggestion IS rum in the chapel!!! :D:o

Have an awesome day, Carole

Oh so there is some unwritten rule on board CCL that says no drinking booze in the morning? If so they didn't tell the folks belly up to the bar first thing in the morning on the lido deck on my last cruise.

I just think if you can't get enough booze between the bars, clubs, roving waiters, in the all the eating places and in your cabin that you were sitting in the library jonesing for wine that you problably do have a problem. Not everyone drinks (hello AA meetings) and it was nice knowing that at least in the library it was a nice quiet space without drunks. And if you think a wine vending machine isn't going to change that then I have some lovely land in south Florida that I'll sell you for pennies an acre.

I may be wrong but I thought this was going to be a wine tasting venue? Sure a self serve one........but a not an all you can drink dispenser:rolleyes: Some people just find things to harp on......

Actually YES this is kinda a big deal. No one is saying take away booze and only sell it in the library. What people are saying is if you need to have a drink that bad that you're praying to God they add a wine vending machine to a LIBRARY then go to any of the THREE new bars or any of the existing ones. Not every single person sailing on the ship wants to drink every single second on their cruise. What's next, adding a vending machine in the bathrooms so you don't have to walk anywhere to get your booze on? Cruise ships are limited on space so it's nice to go to a quiet inside spot to read, play a board game with your family or just get away from people. Not too mention this will just do wonders for CCL party reputation. "Come to CCL where even our books come with booze."

LOL...I understand your persective perfectly...While I personally don't mind the wine in the library (I never go in there so I don't care...) the thing that bothers me most, I think, is the idea of a dispenser...:eek:

How utterly classless. So yes, this all brings CCL right back to it's old reputation.

*shakeshead*

Now we are getting into a WWJD situation lol. :rolleyes::cool:
I'm pretty sure he'd choose the Malibu :D

I think it's just kinda silly that people are making such a deal out of the whole thing.

I'm actually a psych nurse and I help detox people, I'm the last person in the world that would encourage people to drink too much, believe me.

A glass of wine does not make one a raging alcoholic, in fact in some countries even the children drink it with meals.

And I'm pretty sure Jesus is altogether with wine, considering it is a symbol of Him in Communion.

I just think people get way too up in arms over changes, I think changes are positive and I for one will get really bored if things don't update some.

Carole

Well see??? You have your opinion and I have mine!!! I for one don't "need to have a drink so bad" however there is something nice and relaxing about going somewhere and sipping a glass of wine and reading a good book, I am of the opinion the library should be quiet and NOT have families playing games, traditionally libraries are quiet and noise not tolerated. Luckily I have a balcony and can sip wine. I don't drink at home, but have been known to have wine with dinner or <gasp> even have a rum drink during the day onboard. Stating that it's like disparate alcoholics simply because they want a wine with a book is rather judgemental don't you think?

And just so you know, my next suggestion IS rum in the chapel!!! :D:o

Have an awesome day, Carole

And traditionally libraries have NEVER served wine. And you also think drunk people are going to become quieter?

It's not about if you should drink or shouldn't drink it's about WHERE you're drinking. I drink, heck I have liquor in my fridge right now. But never in my 28 years have I been wandering around in a library saying "Oh I would just enjoy this Dickens so much more with a nice glass of wine."

Cristallo they are not adding new bars, they are changing the ones they have to different themes. I think it's kind of nice to change things up really, they are at least attempting to change things up a little, if you cruise a lot the same ol' same ol' gets boring.

I'd love to see some different little things, I haven't cruised in a year and a half because of family tragedies, but I will tell you I'm so looking forward to the comedy club, I love comedy and so it's right up my alley. I think the new hamburger place is a cool idea, and it will take some of the traffic off the buffet area. I think they should add a family game area, and maybe a milkshake/icecream parlor or a true sundae bar where they can choose toppings. They could do a lot more to encourage the whole family cruising experience, but I think at least they are making SOME changes which is good.

I still don't see a thing wrong with wine and books, but then I enjoyed the cigar bar too when they had them and I don't smoke.

Cheers, Carole

And traditionally libraries have NEVER served wine. And you also think drunk people are going to become quieter?

It's not about if you should drink or shouldn't drink it's about WHERE you're drinking. I drink, heck I have liquor in my fridge right now. But never in my 28 years have I been wandering around in a library saying "Oh I would just enjoy this Dickens so much more with a nice glass of wine."

Please explain to me why you think people that enjoy a glass of wine are "drunks" I don't know about anyone else but I would think getting drunk on wine would be the LAST thing you'd want to do, wouldn't you be sick?????

I guess our opinions differ, which is what I just said, you have your opinions and I have mine. Neither is right or wrong IMO, just different.

Hope you will enjoy the library despite the wine dispensers.

Carole

I was more thinking they sure aren't going to be dispensing too much wine considering the hours the library is opened. Have you ever seen it actually open?;)
On the Dream I've gotten up to read in the library at 5AM. (To turn on all the lights push the button labeled '1')

It's a way to promote the bottles of wine that they will be selling on the ship.......you get to sample before you purchase.......

It is hardly a wine bong:cool: You will not see the partiers guzzling glasses of sampled wine in the library good god:rolleyes: We will be out on the lido deck with our buckets:D

Cristallo they are not adding new bars, they are changing the ones they have to different themes. I think it's kind of nice to change things up really, they are at least attempting to change things up a little, if you cruise a lot the same ol' same ol' gets boring.

I'd love to see some different little things, I haven't cruised in a year and a half because of family tragedies, but I will tell you I'm so looking forward to the comedy club, I love comedy and so it's right up my alley. I think the new hamburger place is a cool idea, and it will take some of the traffic off the buffet area. I think they should add a family game area, and maybe a milkshake/icecream parlor or a true sundae bar where they can choose toppings. They could do a lot more to encourage the whole family cruising experience, but I think at least they are making SOME changes which is good.

I still don't see a thing wrong with wine and books, but then I enjoyed the cigar bar too when they had them and I don't smoke.

Cheers, Carole

Either you're purposely not understanding what I'm trying to explain or what. I don't care if you drink in every single bar while onboard. I don't care if you get so drunk that you end up sleeping on the running track.

What I do care about that CCL has changed what is a traditionally dry space into a bar. It's not called the Library anymore it's now called the Library BAR.

On and you might want to check but according to the CCL they will be handing out board games. This is from their website: This intimate cocktail lounge features not only state-of-the-art self-serve wine dispensers, but bartenders who mix a good drink, a selection of board games for a good time… and even books adorning the walls for a good read. So yes there will now be more then just wine vending machines but an actual bartenders serving booze.

I'm pretty sure he'd choose the Malibu :D

I think it's just kinda silly that people are making such a deal out of the whole thing.

I'm actually a psych nurse and I help detox people, I'm the last person in the world that would encourage people to drink too much, believe me.

A glass of wine does not make one a raging alcoholic, in fact in some countries even the children drink it with meals.

And I'm pretty sure Jesus is altogether with wine, considering it is a symbol of Him in Communion.

I just think people get way too up in arms over changes, I think changes are positive and I for one will get really bored if things don't update some.

Carole

I agree completely……Stop worrying about what other people do…..Just do your own thing and respect the other persons opinion.

Either you're purposely not understanding what I'm trying to explain or what. I don't care if you drink in every single bar while onboard. I don't care if you get so drunk that you end up sleeping on the running track.

What I do care about that CCL has changed what is a traditionally dry space into a bar. It's not called the Library anymore it's now called the Library BAR.

On and you might want to check but according to the CCL they will be handing out board games. This is from their website: This intimate cocktail lounge features not only state-of-the-art self-serve wine dispensers, but bartenders who mix a good drink, a selection of board games for a good time… and even books adorning the walls for a good read. So yes there will now be more then just wine vending machines but an actual bartenders serving booze.

Yes I do know they have boardgames in the library and I think it sucks. I really believe there should be a venue that caters to families like a board game room or something of that sort.

I'm sorry your not happy with the library change, but it's not that I won't understand, it's that I don't see it as that bad.

I don't think it's a good idea to mix the bar with board games. Kids in a drinking venue is not going to be good. But I don't think they should have board games in the library anyway, it's then not a library but more like a family game room.

I'm not sure why you keep making comments about people that drink to make it sound like anyone that has a glass of wine or a cocktail is a raging drunk, but I guess that's your reality, it's not mine.

Happy Cruising, Carole

Lol ;) I dunno, but am I the only one that thinks a wine dispenser is an awesome idea?! :D

Nope, I think it's a great way to try a different kind of wine without buying the whole bottle, they will probably generate more wine sales in the dining room.

Cheers, Carole

I'm not sure why you keep making comments about people that drink to make it sound like anyone that has a glass of wine or a cocktail is a raging drunk, but I guess that's your reality, it's not mine.

Happy Cruising, Carole

Maybe because if you need to drink so bad in a LIBRARY you might need to go to a Friend of Bill meetings. It's normal to drink in a bar, it's normal to drink comedy club, it's normal to drink at dinner, it's normal to drink on your balcony, however it's not normal to drink in a LIBRARY. I really don't know how to make this anymore clearer for you. It's not about drinking it's about drinking in a LIBRARY. L-I-B-R-A-R-Y!!!!!!

I was more thinking they sure aren't going to be dispensing too much wine considering the hours the library is opened. Have you ever seen it actually open?;)

Library Was open 24/7 on the Legend a couple of weeks ago.

Whoever decided to put the internet cafe in the Librarty was genius.

Bill

Archived