New Self Service Wine Dispenser in Library...the Irony

Celebrating40

Maybe because if you need to drink so bad in a LIBRARY you might need to go to a Friend of Bill meetings. It's normal to drink in a bar, it's normal to drink comedy club, it's normal to drink at dinner, it's normal to drink on your balcony, however it's not normal to drink in a LIBRARY. I really don't know how to make this anymore clearer for you. It's not about drinking it's about drinking in a LIBRARY. L-I-B-R-A-R-Y!!!!!!

It's a freaking cruise ship library......chill out......

Maybe because if you need to drink so bad in a LIBRARY you might need to go to a Friend of Bill meetings. It's normal to drink in a bar, it's normal to drink comedy club, it's normal to drink at dinner, it's normal to drink on your balcony, however it's not normal to drink in a LIBRARY. I really don't know how to make this anymore clearer for you. It's not about drinking it's about drinking in a LIBRARY. L-I-B-R-A-R-Y!!!!!!

It's about R-E-V-E-N-U-E, and I for one don't mind it<shrug> They serve coffee in bookstores too, oh the scandal!!!

I'm ok with it especially if it keeps my cruise cost from going up, think they can make their money however they want.

It's about R-E-V-E-N-U-E, and I for one don't mind it<shrug> They serve coffee in bookstores too, oh the scandal!!!

I'm ok with it especially if it keeps my cruise cost from going up, think they can make their money however they want.

Last time I checked coffee doesn't have the same effects as booze. I guess there are normal people and those who think anytime and anyplace is okay to get drunk. Next stop booze outside Camp Carnival or while your sitting in the lifeboats. SMH

Last time I checked coffee doesn't have the same effects as booze. I guess there are normal people and those who think anytime and anyplace is okay to get drunk. Next stop booze outside Camp Carnival or while your sitting in the lifeboats. SMH

So here we go back to normal people and drunks:rolleyes:

Really? You couldn't see someone relaxing with a book and a glass of wine? It sounds lovely to me :)

I agree. Either reading a book or playing a game while drinking some wine. I like it.

For those who don't like it: And I'm going to take a line from the pro-chair hog folks...they say 'there's plenty of chairs to be found all over the ship...just might not be right next to the pool...so venture out and find one'. I say there's plenty of places to read a book on the ship where there won't be anyone drinking...so venture out and find one.

Wine in the library. Nice

Does anyone know what the selections will be??

I'll let you know in a few weeks, I never go to the library, I bring a nook and read on my balcony, but now I'm going to drag hubby to try some wine samples so I can order some bottles for dinner, we were under the misinterpretation that a glass of wine with dinner was civilized, I've found out today on CC that I'm a raging alcoholic and will likely pass out on the track from drinking a glass of wine or two:eek:, so if you see me on the track sleeping you'll know I loved the wine;)

Personally I think this is a great idea. I really don't believe that you will have DRUNKS drinking in the library in the morning. I think it will be nice to curl up in a big chair with my Kindle in the afternoon and sample a few wines to choose what i would like to order at dinner. I am not a beer or hard liquor drinker but I like a couple of glasses of wine in the evening.

We are at the point that the ship is the main attraction (and if we don't have to fly) so let's see how all of this plays out and enjoy what we like and don't partake of what we don't like.

Isn't it great that we do not all like the same things.

Is it wine from a dispenser??? Well I started the thread just as an observation, but I like the direction it has taken. Interesting debate over this new venue.

This has to be one of my alltime entertaining threads.Maybe because im drinking and reading(just not a book) :) cheers

The things we learn during our pre-cruise research LOL. Just let me know where on the track you will be. I'll stumble out there from the library and maybe we can pass out in unison :cool:

I'll let you know in a few weeks, I never go to the library, I bring a nook and read on my balcony, but now I'm going to drag hubby to try some wine samples so I can order some bottles for dinner, we were under the misinterpretation that a glass of wine with dinner was civilized, I've found out today on CC that I'm a raging alcoholic and will likely pass out on the track from drinking a glass of wine or two:eek:, so if you see me on the track sleeping you'll know I loved the wine;)

Is it wine from a dispenser??? Well I started the thread just as an observation, but I like the direction it has taken. Interesting debate over this new venue.

Thats what I thought but I read on the website its a full bar with bartenders.Im a intoxicologist myself but after reading the posts I dont think its a great idea.If it was a wine sampler card that we have here to try different wines that pours very little like a half ounce that would be great ,you could sample wines that are in the dining room that evening and be prepared.With that being said I do understand alot of the complaints.

Well if its anything like RCL has. It will be a glass of wine. I just think its funny to have it in the Library. Can you imagine sitting in on that meeting? Lets put it in the Library! Someone said good spot for it! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! The beards fell for it!!! Thats scary!!!!!

Oh gosh.... I guess I'm a raging alcoholic also! :eek:

The things we learn during our pre-cruise research LOL. Just let me know where on the track you will be. I'll stumble out there from the library and maybe we can pass out in unison :cool:

We could stumble down to the lobby bar and get baileys and coffee, wide awake drunks you know ;):p

Archived