New Self Service Wine Dispenser in Library...the Irony

Celebrating40

Just realized that the new Self Service Wine Dispenser, while a great idea, perhaps shouldn't be in the library. From what I remember, isn't that where they normally hold the Friends of Bill W. meetings? Would think having a wine dispenser in the location of an AA meeting might not be the most well thought out plan :eek:. Hope they think to change either or.

Well, I wouldn't hold a Weight Watcher's meeting at a Dunkin' Donuts. Just thinking out of respect for the sanctity of the meetings, would be wise to not have them in the same locale is all I'm saying.

If an addict is so triggered that they can't be in the same room as a wine dispenser then perhaps they shouldn't be a cruise where alcohol flows freely?

Well, I wouldn't hold a Weight Watcher's meeting at a Dunkin' Donuts. Just thinking out of respect for the sanctity of the meetings, would be wise to not have them in the same locale is all I'm saying.

I understand your point....and I'm not making light of it. But we held WW meetings in a Western Sizzlin' Steakhouse :p

I believe the wine dispenser is a "sampler", where you only get to sample wines....think communion at church, perhaps:D

I agree with the previous poster....I'm sure Friends of Bill W will be relocated.

Never been to a WW meeting in a steakhouse but hey, if it worked that's great ;).

I am not sure if it's a sampler or full serve, all I know is that I might plant a chair right next to that thing and make a day of it LOL.

And, yes, am sure the meeting will be the one to be moved, not the wine.

I understand your point....and I'm not making light of it. But we held WW meetings in a Western Sizzlin' Steakhouse :p

I believe the wine dispenser is a "sampler", where you only get to sample wines....think communion at church, perhaps:D

I agree with the previous poster....I'm sure Friends of Bill W will be relocated.

I've seen Friends of Bill mtgs held in the piano bar, the library, the chapel, and the small card rooms near the theater entrance. It's a wonder they are still scheduled, seeing how few people actually attend. And I don't agree with the comment about "the sanctity" of the meeting being violated because of the presence of wine. There's very few places on board a ship that isn't in proximity to alcohol. Recovered persons should not be troubled by this if they are on a cruise, or they shouldn't be cruising. Read pp. 84 & 85 in the BB for an explanation.

Of all the changes this is the one I like the least. I LOVED being able to get up in the mornings and go into the library and write in my travel journal. It was quiet and relaxing. Now I'll have to deal with people getting boozed up. If CCL was trying to shake off the party ship title being the first line to add a liqueur dispenser to a library isn't going to help.

so let me get this straight.

they say they got rid of fruit punch for the stains.

and red wine is ok in the library, a quiet room.

self service, but tip added for your convenience.

Oh come on...we've all seen this and many other changes that have left some of us shaking our heads as making perfect sense in the mind of Cahill. Cahill is Alpha and Omega. What we think matters not.

Of all the changes this is the one I like the least. I LOVED being able to get up in the mornings and go into the library and write in my travel journal. It was quiet and relaxing. Now I'll have to deal with people getting boozed up. If CCL was trying to shake off the party ship title being the first line to add a liqueur dispenser to a library isn't going to help.

Why will this change? Do you believe it's going to be parrty central in the mornings just because you can self-serve wine there?

I don't believe you are going to have to deal with "people getting boozed up" in the library.

If you do then Carnival has real problems.:eek:

Why will this change? Do you believe it's going to be parrty central in the mornings just because you can self-serve wine there?

I don't believe you are going to have to deal with "people getting boozed up" in the library.

If you do then Carnival has real problems.:eek:

lol. especially in the morning.

Really? You couldn't see someone relaxing with a book and a glass of wine? It sounds lovely to me :)

I do enjoy a nice glass of wine with a good book. I can not see enjoying a nice book with a line of people waiting to get a machine to dispense them a sample of wine.

Archived