Weather out of San Diego to Mexico in November

CruisinManiac

What's it like in early November? Would we lose a day down and back because of cooler temps? That's what happened when we cruised this same itinerary (and ship) late February/early March one year.

How's the Oosterdam holding up? it's been 6 years since our cruise on her.

Thank you!

We're on the late November sailing and I'm pretty sure it will be chilly, if not rainy and rough from early winter storms. Or it might be warm and calm, luck of the draw. At the least it will likely be warmer than back in Tennessee.

As for condition, the O is just resuming its schedule today after a brief drydock, so she should be in great shape and by November will have worked out any kinks or finished any delayed work from the drydock that could potentially affect October cruises.

I live in San Diego and lately we have been getting a lot of cooler weather with a thick marine layer along the coast.

Like you, we did the 7-day cruise to Mexico in March 2010 and the first and last days were definitely not as warm and clear as the other days. I have no reason to expect November to be any better, though we do sometimes get an off-season heat wave ("Santa Ana" conditions) here in San Diego.

igraf

Warm is what we want, thank you.:) I don't mind having a cool or even a rainy day, but DH goes crazy if he loses a day in the sun. :rolleyes:

Today it is cool, chilly and rainy in San Diego--

it will be chilly and rough seas first one to two days out and coming back--may even be cool in Mexico or it could be very dreary and humid,

Oct-Nov- not the best times to do a Baja Mexico cruise.

BG

As a 40+ year San Diego resident, I've seen beautiful early November weather, then getting cooler, at times rainier weather mid-month. However, you won't be in San Diego long as you head south. Check weather.com for monthly averages for the ports you'll be visiting. What's typical about San Diego weather, is it's not typical :) You'll have a wonderful time. Hey, just roll with the punches... you can't do anything about it anyway!

Living in Southern Calif and north of SD, many a year I have written "can't believe I am writing my Christmas cards sitting in 80 degree sunshine". Did a Christmas cruise a few years ago on the Oosterdam and it was sunny, pleasantly on the cool side only in SD for sail away, but got plenty warm as we moved south to Mazatlan, PV and Cabo.

Smooth seas - a great little 7 day trip, but a packed ship because of all the large familiies enjoying the holiday vacation. Not sure I would want to do a Christmas trip again, but very sure I would like to do the Mexican Riviera again no matter when --- when they put Mazatlan back on the itinerary.

Another San Diegan...

Weather could be all over the place come November. One thing I like better in Mexico in the fall rather than the spring is that the water is warmer in the fall.

We were on the O in April and have no complaints.

Have a great trip!

AC

Archived