What time does the MIRACLE pass under the SUNSHINE SKYWAY bridge?

Tom-n-Cheryl

What time(s) have you noted that the Miracle passes under the bridge (departure day).

We would like to watch this time - on the Inspiration and Sensation we are always eating dinner (early seating) when we go under... so I am guessing 6:30ish...

I am sure it varies somewhat - but a general timeframe would be helpful.:)

THANKS!

Tom

I just got off the miracle and it passed under the sky way bridge at 6:50. We were at dinner:( It might be different for the ship you are going on. The captain made an announcement telling us what time they would go under after we got on the ship. Hope that helps!

It's generally around 2-2.5 hours after sailing, but as you see from these posts it can be quite variable. I've been driving over the brisge and seen teh Miracle nearby several times from 6 all the way to 7 pm. Definitely during early seating though.

Thanks for the information... if the Captain announces the expected time, then we can just slip out of dinner for a few minutes :)

The alternatives are not desirable... lido buffet for dinner.. or supper club on 1st night (we would like to meet our dining room waiters right from the start...!)

Tom

I'm glad others posted on this one. I had heard 1.5 hours somewhere.

I believe we have early seating. And my daughter will refuse to miss dinner the first night if they are serving Satay of Chicken (her fav). We may just have to slip away for a few minutes.

About 1 1/2 hours after you leave the pier-- head outside to look forward- you will be able to see the bridge- Once we saw the bridge we still had half hour to go- Head to the funnel deck- the highest point of the ship. There will be lots of people up there and it is trully amazing.

So if you leave about 4- check outside about 5:30 to see how much further you have to go.

Please no yelling at me for this.... but how much of a problem would it be if someone was to show up for dinner 15 minutes late?

Do the dining room doors open at 5:45 or is everyone expected to be seated at 5:45? (This is our first cruise, I'm allowed to ask this question!)

I'm not sure which is more rude....being late or excusing our whole family (5) from the dinner table and returning. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if we were at a table by ourselves, but I would hate to walk out on other table mates.

Hey Tom - maybe we can sit together, and then our WHOLE table can step out for a few minutes! HAHAHA

The more I think about this, the more I think we'll be eating at the buffet the first night. :(

Sorry, never experienced the SUNSHINE BRIDGE, but am planning on going on the Miracle in 04/06. Is this anything special that I need to see? By the sounds of the people here, it's a must see, i just don't know what to expect.

Thanks

Kevin

Sorry, never experienced the SUNSHINE BRIDGE, but am planning on going on the Miracle in 04/06. Is this anything special that I need to see? By the sounds of the people here, it's a must see, i just don't know what to expect.

Thanks

Kevin

Miracle just clears the bridge by a few feet. And it is a neat bridge to look at!!

June

Nah, hope for a really high tide.... see if it scraps some of the paint off the funnel!!

June

I'll pass thanks :)

It'll be my honeymoon and I think if the ship comes within inches from the bridge, my fiance will freak out, lol. Not a good way to start the marriage :D

It really is impressive to see- but it only lasts a mere seconds. Being on the funnel deck you can see that there is only a little bit of clearance but standing there listening to everyone go ohhh and ahhhh makes it even more so.

It clears by 6 feet at mean tide. At an average high tide that clearance can drop to 4 feet, and at a very high high tide it could be as low as about 2 feet. On a ship the size of the Carnival Mirical that's a pretty slim clearance!

I'm glad I found this thread have wanted to go picnic and watch the ships pass. We go on the Inspiration in Oct. I can't wait looking forward to going under the bridge. It's the reason I picked late seating for dinner.

burnsie

Guest Time2gocruzn

I agree DO NOT miss this!! We were on the Miracle and on the highest deck we could get to, right by the funnell. It was about 1.5 hours after we left. There was no announcement like get ready we are almost to the bridge, but he did say something about it when we were right under it, which lasts about 10 seconds, so there is no way one could just run up there and catch it. You have to be up there because it passes quick. This was an amazing way to start our cruise. The sun was setting, it was just beautiful. It was cold and windy up there, so come prepared, lol. I was freezing but no way I was gonna miss it. It was so close, after what happened to the bridge that was there before, I am surprised it is legal for ships to get that close to it...it looked really close!!!! I got it on tape and got some great pictures...

54cruise5.jpg

We were on Sensation a few years ago and went under bridge. Being a snowbird in (Valrico) and going over the bridge several times. It was great to see if from a crusie ship. Thanks for all the tips on Miracle I hope to be able to cruise on Miracle in near future.

Debe

There was no announcement so if you're not up on deck you will miss it. It took just over 2 hours for us to pass under the bridge on our 11/7/04 Miracle sailing - must longer than I thought. It was dark at that time of year and it really looked like we were not going to clear it :eek: Lots of cheering on deck when we did!

After crossing the bridge (new and old one) for years it was an awesome sight :D

Linda

I'm glad I found this thread have wanted to go picnic and watch the ships pass. We go on the Inspiration in Oct. I can't wait looking forward to going under the bridge. It's the reason I picked late seating for dinner.

burnsie

My experience, the ship takes a little over 2 hrs to go under the Skyway Bridge. The Bridge is magnificant doesn't matter how you go over/ under it! The best picnic place I have found to watch the cruise ships pass by is at Ft DeSoto, toward the Old Fort. where it angles out. just before the Fort. You can also see the cruise ships at the far end of Pass a grille , there is a little park with a fishing pier that people watch the sunset.

Happy cruising!

Susan

When you pass under the Skyway, think about this....we were coming in on Dec. 26th and encountered 82 knot winds just as the ship was going under the bridge and going out into the channel in Tampa Bay. The pilot and crew must have been very concerned but we made it through safely. We were at the back of the ship and the engines were certainly working hard.

Archived