Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Here's a pic of my newish formal-worn recently on the Q Victoria. Some lovely gowns here on this forum. I am a petite so finding something can be a challenge. Also need more 'sedate' option for my age.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Very pretty!

Here's a pic of my newish formal-worn recently on the Q Victoria. Some lovely gowns here on this forum. I am a petite so finding something can be a challenge. Also need more 'sedate' option for my age.

Forget your age - you look elegant and stylish. Just a really lovely, classic and classy outfit. Beautiful.

What a lovely gown....so classy and elegant.

My one-shouldered long red dress with a thigh-high slit arrived yesterday and it is freaking gorgeous! It fits like a dream and my fiance will be picking his jaw up off the ground when he sees it the first time. I'll wearing it for New Year's Eve in Mexico and taking it on my cruise next year. I bought two pairs of chandelier earrings on eBay last night for it, too. I think I'll go with my gold Judith Leiber purse and gold shoes. They're more comfortable for walking, and in San Carlos, that's important.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Alex-Evenings-OneShoulder-SideRuched-Gown_301_-1_301_503449731

Edited by Laurie S.

Thanks, and yes it is!

I wish I could wear my fancy heels with this dress, but I'll have to wait for the cruise to do that. They're a higher heel with skinny straps with crystals on them, but I would kill myself walking on uneven pavement. My gold ones have low heels and look really nice, just not quite as sexy. I can't wait to show off this dress, it will be a Kodak moment for sure.

My one-shouldered long red dress with a thigh-high slit arrived yesterday and it is freaking gorgeous! It fits like a dream and my fiance will be picking his jaw up off the ground when he sees it the first time. I'll wearing it for New Year's Eve in Mexico and taking it on my cruise next year. I bought two pairs of chandelier earrings on eBay last night for it, too. I think I'll go with my gold Judith Leiber purse and gold shoes. They're more comfortable for walking, and in San Carlos, that's important.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Alex-Evenings-OneShoulder-SideRuched-Gown_301_-1_301_503449731

That's gorgeous! Enjoy!

I think it depends on the cruise line. I have been on 5 different lines and I have seen everything from what I would call "Sunday best" to ball gowns & tuxes on formal night. I am a firm believer to dress however "YOU" want to dress and hold your head high. If you are more overdressed than someone else....who cares....if it makes you feel good....do it

Thanks. I am glad that you are still among the living....I also "died" back in 2004 and saw the bright light....so yes, I think I have been given another chance and the pacemaker was just a way to make me slow down, stop and smell the roses. I have a motto that I try to live by to keep the stress out of my life...."Why worry? If I could be doing something about whatever it is that I would be worrying about, I would be doing it. Since I can't do anything about it....why worry?"... I am really trying to enjoy myself...I have also been able to help out my friends when they needed some help....as someone said "There are no pockets in a shroud" (or the old saying "you can't take it with you")

Have just ordered this dress. I am so hoping it gets here before Dec 8 (day I leave for birthday cruise).

KGrHqVHJC8E83Ul4flBPVyju4sZQ60_3.gif

I hope you get it on time !

Celebrating my 50th birthday in Alaska

[ATTACH]254064[/ATTACH]

Beautiful gown. Really unusual fabric.

Love the different green colour of the shorter dress also. I love colour but I have too many lump and bumps for that style.

I noticed today that Coldwater Creek right now has a silver/grey lace wrap dress just like the hot pink lining under black lace dress that I bought a couple weeks ago. They're dress is still regular price though.

Edited by KandCsailing

Wow that dress is amazing!! The color is fantastic and I love those ruffles!

My husband and I are cruising NCL so we don't have any mandatory formal nights but if we cruise on another line, we look forward to it. We're still planning on gussying up though because we both really enjoy it. As far as being overdressed goes.. I learned to take a page out of the hub's book. If you feel good, there's really only good stuff to come out of being "overdressed" because it makes you look important :D

Wow that dress is amazing!! The color is fantastic and I love those ruffles!

My husband and I are cruising NCL so we don't have any mandatory formal nights but if we cruise on another line, we look forward to it. We're still planning on gussying up though because we both really enjoy it. As far as being overdressed goes.. I learned to take a page out of the hub's book. If you feel good, there's really only good stuff to come out of being "overdressed" because it makes you look important :D

My husband prefers NCL because of "Dress Up or Don't Night"!! He has been mumbling and grumbling since April because we are sailing Carnival in 8 days!!

My dress arrived and I tried it on. What jewelry should I wear? Silver chain? Diamond earrings? A mixture of the two?

I'd just wear some really nice earnings and a bracelet, no necklace . The dress is stunning and too much jewellery will spoil it :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Dreamgirl1957