Which itinerary on the Breeze.....Curacao and Aruba or Antigua and Tortola?

cruzinismyname

Another Aruba lover here!:) We've done land vacations there but a few years ago, we sailed the Southern Caribbean itinerary and Aruba & Curacao were two of our ports of call! We love Palm Beach in Aruba. This has been our favorite cruise to date.

Sorry can't compare them to Antigua and Tortola since we haven't been to those two ports yet.. but we'll be stopping in Antigua in January! :D

For those of you that have been there, which pair would you go to again and why. My wife and I love beautiful beaches and scenery, interesting shopping and sights. Your comments will dictate our decision.....well.... maybe. ;)

Thanks!

I have been to all four places.

Aruba wins hands down.

Each one is beautiful but still Aruba gets my vote.

Well, I will be the standout in the group. I have been to all of those and Antigua is my very favorite spot in the entire Caribbean. Gorgeous stunning beaches, great little unique shops and wonderful people.

So, where will the breeze be sailing from? We are looking at a cruise that includes Antigua next winter(13) and I would rather not fly into San Juan.

So when is the Breeze doing those itineraries????? For my dates (Dec. 2012), the Breeze is going to some lame ports.

Maggie

Breeze will be sailing out of Miami. We are booked on the 2/16/2013 cruise. Goes to Aruba, Grand Turk, Curacao and DR.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

We are looking to go in April 2013 and the Breeze goes out of Miami on the southern to Grand Turk, DR, Curacao and Aruba. The Breeze also does the Eastern out of Miami to St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau.

We have been to St Thomas and not sure I want to go to Nassau so it looks like we will have to go to Aruba and the Southern.

I will take all the input I can from all you great people who have been there.

Thanks again!

Aruba gets my vote!! BUT, Antigua is a VERY close second....it's a shame both of these islands are not on the same itinerary...

both have beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters...

we go to Curacao in December...can't comment on that one ...Tortola, we haven't been to yet....

enjoy your cruise whichever you pick!! :)

Marsha

Great choices to have to make! All four islands are terrific, but ANY itinerary that include Curacao would get my vote! Hands down my favorite Caribbean island. Willemstad is perfect for strolling around, check out the floating market where seafood and produce from Venezuela arrive daily. There are some charming restaurants with outdoor seating, perfect for people-watching. Stunning beaches are not far from town. The swinging bridge is a really unique experience as well.

Anyone who says "all Caribbean islands are the same" has not been to Curacao!

I can't wait to go on the Breeze............with the Aruba, Curacao, DR itinerary as with all my cruising I have done I have never been to these ports and I can't wait!!!! Waiting for rates for July 2013.

We are doing this itinerary on the Valor in Jan.

Great one but do not quite understand why Carnival keeps going back to DR. Frm what we have heard it is a day to stay on the ship.

We are doing this itinerary on the Valor in Jan.

Great one but do not quite understand why Carnival keeps going back to DR. Frm what we have heard it is a day to stay on the ship.

You are SO right about DR ! I'd actually have to say I dislike this port even more than any of the Jamaican ports. :eek: Years ago, we stopped in Santo Domingo while on a Carnival cruise and at that time, I vowed never to get off the ship in DR again!

For those of you that have been there, which pair would you go to again and why. My wife and I love beautiful beaches and scenery, interesting shopping and sights. Your comments will dictate our decision.....well.... maybe. ;)

Thanks!

Hands down Aruba and Curacao~! We've done both itineraries you've mentioned and loved the Aruba one. So much that we are booked on the Breeze in April of 2013 to do it again :) As far as the DR goes Dreams Resort was an awesome place to spend that day. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Archived