Carnival Undercover

golfb4cruzing

I really believe that Cruise Critic has become an appendage of Carnival. There are too many posters on here hooked in with John H or know instantly what Carnival is doing or different agendas to visit their website. I joined Cruise Critic for discussions and info separate from Carnival. I could log onto Carnival if I wanted to. This thread is intended for discussion and not a personal attack on Cruise Critic.

I really believe that Cruise Critic has become an appendage of Carnival. There are too many posters on here hooked in with John H or know instantly what Carnival is doing or different agendas to visit their website. I joined Cruise Critic for discussions and info separate from Carnival. I could log onto Carnival if I wanted to. This thread is intended for discussion and not a personal attack on Cruise Critic.

Well, a public forum is going to attract all kinds. Cheerleaders and trolls. I don't think it's any more tilted than it has been in the past, but I agree that I don't really understand the personality cult behind John. I mean, he's just another CD, guy who works for a company, mouthpiece. No everyones personal best friend, as some might want it to be.

We haven't cruised with John so I don't understand the idolship either. The ship is an end to the means for us because we cruise for destinations. We have our balcony and don't visit 50% of the venues on the ships. If you cruise for the ship, then I can see the reverse.

flying

I am all for opinions howver crazy they are. We should be able to voice whatever without worrying about issues. Unfortunately openness creates hurt feelings and chaos insues. Post what you think are legit ideas/comments but don't blur the intentions of CC with a Carnival promo.

We haven't cruised with John so I don't understand the idolship either. The ship is an end to the means for us because we cruise for destinations. We have our balcony and don't visit 50% of the venues on the ships. If you cruise for the ship, then I can see the reverse.

I think there are some people who are like groupies or they know the fellow or just enjoy his style. And he is now of cult status to the company and people and the brand ambassador. So some people are attracted to that.

It would be naive to think that each of the cruise lines does not have a person or many persons that log into CC every day to read what is going on. What better way to find out what the public really thinks or wants.

Totally agree. It's FREE research for them. I'm new here, but the super extensive trip reviews and just observing the speed in which the board topics move--Carnival would be pretty dumb not to take advantage of all free info available all in one place.

It's very strange. I mean, are there people out there that read the blog of the Vice President of Media Relations for Hilton Group? Maybe there are, who knows.

I joined Cruise Critic for discussions and info separate from Carnival.

I think most of us joined CC for the same purpose (a broad range of cruise information) however this is the Carnival board on CC so you have to expect a lot of Carnival discussion, don't you? The mods will move non-CCL threads to other boards so I'm not sure what is expected on this board other than Carnival discussion (good, bad and ugly). :confused:

I like to see both sides, I look at John's blog and Facebook page. It would be too boring if we all had the same opinions.:)

If that VP was giving away free stuff and providing insider info they would also have a huge following.

There is no inside info that isn't available anywhere else. As soon as any new info comes out, it's available on CC as well as a dozen other outlets within 30 seconds. As far as free stuff goes, sure, thats a reason allot of folks contact him. That's just not my style, I would never do that, so that portion is a non issue.

It's tru what most have said here. It is a huge PR ploy from Carnival to keep the comments going from here to JH. He has a cult following to the extreme of persons who worship him and think he is their very best friend. It has gotten to the sickening point to read the facebook because of this. He does a good job as CD and should stick to this . CC has been a wonderful site for information for those seeking it and I hate to see it destroyed by bad Carnival bashers who are JH followers.

I dont think people "idolize" John due to his great CD skills.....reviews on him are mixed at best. IMHO, people can relate very easily to him. You may or may not like his writing skills/style but he does come across as very personable and he opens up his life for everybody to see/read thus people have a connection with him albeit some times they think they are closer to him than they actually are. I do get a kick out of the ones that reply on his FB page as if they are long lost friends. But I guess he encourages and enjoys that interaction and it seems to work. Plus he gives CCL a "face" if you will for people to relate/associate with. And with that comes the idolizing/cult worship following.

I'm not really sure of the purpose for post. I have gained a lot of knowledge about cruising enjoyed reading of the experiences of other travelers.This is a great site because of this site I got $60.00 OBC and an upgrade from 4-A to 4-k.so IF THIS SITE IS AN extension OF CARNIVAL so be it.I love CC and if JOHN can bring MORE fun to the party I LOVE THAT TOO.

i'm beginning to think heald and the beards really want the carnival base to abandon here and get direct source info from the blog and facebook.

why else would he light cc fires and watch the fights break out. it even seems the cc host is over there more than here, even under a host x name.

no one even thought this lassiter person was a cc member until a cc host even went that route. or, at least, that was my take. never saw lassiters rant.

I actually don't much care for John Heald...of course, I've never had him as a CD. But I follow him on FB because he does give good Carnival updates.

I think there is plenty of middle ground in the Carnival forums. I see some cheerleaders and some bashing, but in general the majority of us just seem to be laid-back people who want to/do have fun on our vacations even when everything isn't perfect. I had an amazing time on both of my Carnival cruises but I'm the first to admit they weren't perfect...I just refuse to allow the one crappy dinner entree I had or the one bad comedian whose show I walked out of to ruin an entire vacation ::shrug::

I'm not really sure of the purpose for post. I have gained a lot of knowledge about cruising enjoyed reading of the experiences of other travelers.This is a great site because of this site I got $60.00 OBC and an upgrade from 4-A to 4-k.so IF THIS SITE IS AN extension OF CARNIVAL so be it.I love CC and if JOHN can bring MORE fun to the party I LOVE THAT TOO.

actaully, i think that's why they may not like it. all the secrets for fare reductions, free stuff, how to smuggle, and how to get around all types of things, just to save a buck.

some of which hits their bottom line. or tips in the servants pockets.

not sure that any business would like that.

Archived