Reduction in cruise rate and vacation protection......taxes also??

Thanks to ES, we have had a reduction in our cruise rate and our vacation protection.....should it follow that I see a reduction in the govt. fees/taxes & other charges? This portion did not change and I'm not sure if we should have been issued a reduction. I assume port charges, etc. are standard fees, but what about the taxes charged per guest? Any information would be appreciated before I call Carnival this evening. Thanks in advance.

If the add on taxes and fees are down when you board the ship, it will be credited automatically as OBC, nothing you need to follow.

PS the port fees are included in your cruisefare, so if the cruisefare drops, .. you dont need to know the breakdown what is commisionable cruisefare or port fees .. its all called cruisefare and you have price protection up until 2 days before if you booked ES.

If the add on taxes and fees are down when you board the ship, it will be credited automatically as OBC, nothing you need to follow.

PS the port fees are included in your cruisefare, so if the cruisefare drops, .. you dont need to know the breakdown what is commisionable cruisefare or port fees .. its all called cruisefare and you have price protection up until 2 days before if you booked ES.

Thanks firefly! I'll hope for a little extra on my OBC....could equal another DOD :D

We had somewhere around $9.00 pp in OBC from the taxes and whatnot dropping... does this happen because they only can estimate what these will be?

I guess the taxes and fees go up and go down, just like fares.

what they show is the price at the time .. not a estimate. It just changes sometimes.

Thanks to ES, we have had a reduction in our cruise rate and our vacation protection.....should it follow that I see a reduction in the govt. fees/taxes & other charges? This portion did not change and I'm not sure if we should have been issued a reduction. I assume port charges, etc. are standard fees, but what about the taxes charged per guest? Any information would be appreciated before I call Carnival this evening. Thanks in advance.

taxes and fees are not based on the price.

Everybody on the ship pays the same amount no matter what category you are booked in.

Bill

Today I went on fair viewer and saw that our Feb Freedom cruise had dropped $20 per person. So I went to fill out the ES form and it asked for the total cost of the Cabin. I went and did a fake booking to get the total and sure enough our cabin had dropped $20 per person. BUT....the total cabin price was now $3.40 higher. Seems the tax and fees had increased by $43.40. We have already received $240 in OBC for this cruise, so I can't complain to much.

Today I went on fair viewer and saw that our Feb Freedom cruise had dropped $20 per person. So I went to fill out the ES form and it asked for the total cost of the Cabin. I went and did a fake booking to get the total and sure enough our cabin had dropped $20 per person. BUT....the total cabin price was now $3.40 higher. Seems the tax and fees had increased by $43.40. We have already received $240 in OBC for this cruise, so I can't complain to much.

When checking the prices this way, just look at the total before Govt taxes and fees.

It will show like this

TOTAL*

Total for xx travelers: $XXXX.XX

Govt fees/taxes: XXX.XX

TOTAL: $XXXX.XX

The line highlighted in red is the cruisefare you use to compare to what you paid. If it is less than what you paid, file your form!

Sharon

Archived