Is an 11am flight out of San Juan to early

itzmered

We took an 11 AM flight out two years ago and it was the longest go through the agriculture scan then check in then go through security that I have ever experienced and I fly a lot for business and pleasure.

We stayed a few days after the cruise, arrived at the airport at 9 and we did not have much sitting time at the gate before boarding. I would not want to risk trying to get off the ship and at the airport for such an early flight.

San Juan airport is a total zoo on weekends (at least in high season)with cruise turnarounds. Lines for check in and security are insane:eek: where it winds around corners and you can't even see where the lines end. Save yourself the stress. Not sure what weekdays are like.

In my opinion- between 11 am and noon is the perfect time to fly out. If you self-debark, and grab a taxi, you will easily be at the airport 2 hours early. I've flown in and out of San Juan three times and have never had a problem getting through the airport in a reasonable time

We are disembarking on a Sunday so I guess I wont chance it. Do they offer tours that drop you off at the airport if you fly out later like they do in Fort Lauderdale?

Yes! We have done this twice. The first time we did a Rainforest Tour, the second time Old San Juan and Fort tour. Both tours great! Princess took care of the luggage until you got to the Airport. Both times were on a Sunday and our flight out was around 4pm.

No problem.

We take a 9:35 regularly.

Just have a backup plan. ;)

^ this

The last time I sailed from San Juan it was a Saturday to Saturday cruise. I was sitting at the gate well before 9am - and my flight wasn't until noon :(

^ this

The last time I sailed from San Juan it was a Saturday to Saturday cruise. I was sitting at the gate well before 9am - and my flight wasn't until noon :(

We were one of the first groups off the Carib Princess with 2 other ships in town. We grabbed a taxi and was sitting at the United counter by 830am...before an agent even arrived for the 12 noon flight. I think the trick is, get off early, and get a cab. Now this was easy for 2 of us, but if you have a large group, could be harder....

We were one of the first groups off the Carib Princess with 2 other ships in town. We grabbed a taxi and was sitting at the United counter by 830am...before an agent even arrived for the 12 noon flight. I think the trick is, get off early, and get a cab. Now this was easy for 2 of us, but if you have a large group, could be harder....

That's exactly what I did. Took my own luggage off in the first group and hopped in a cab. Easy peasy.

When we flew out of San Juan it was a total zoo!!! We had to stand in line an hour to check in for our flight and then had to wait another hour to get thru security. The lines were snaking around everywhere. We made our flight....just. I will never book a flight before noon out of San Juan. But that is just me and my experience.

Archived