Bermuda: Accessable shore excursions?

nuekruizer

Im taking Summit to Bermuda and have some limited mobility issues, can walk with cane, but have trouble with high steps. I would like to take the "Bermuda Island Drive" tour, looks like a 5 hr bus tour. Does anybody know how high the bus steps are. I would hate to book this and then cant get on the bus! Any other tour recommendations that dont involve a lot of walking?? Thanks.

Im taking Summit to Bermuda and have some limited mobility issues, can walk with cane, but have trouble with high steps. I would like to take the "Bermuda Island Drive" tour, looks like a 5 hr bus tour. Does anybody know how high the bus steps are. I would hate to book this and then cant get on the bus! Any other tour recommendations that dont involve a lot of walking?? Thanks.

Several years ago we were with a group that included an island tour via a bus. One of the group was in a wheel chair. Can't recall exactly what they did but she was on the bus. I remember that her wheel chair was too big to store under the bus so Celebrity supplied her, at no cost a wheel chair

It worked out fine with no problems

• 1 year later...

There seems to be an equivalent tour offerred that goes in a mini-van. That might suit you better. It seems to be about $15 more, but you only have 12 people with you as opposed to about 30. Hopefully, the van is air conditioned, but I don't know. First time in Bermuda will be this August.

We did an Island tour (6 of us) in a mini van very easy to get in and out of and we booked it on line and NOT through the ship.

Archived