Solo on Wind Surf

Carolfay

I'm booked on the November 5, 2011, Wind Surf cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon and will be traveling on my own. Any comments and/or advice on how best to enjoy my Windstar experience as a solo traveler will be appreciated.

We sailed on Windsurf this past summer and I think it will be a great ship for a solo cruise! Though there are very few planned activities for guests to meet, the sheer size and intimate nature of the ship certainly make it easy to approach and recognize your fellow cruisers. Be sure to go to the aft pool/bar area for the sail away and you will be likely to meet people right away!

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks! I agree that the relatively small size of the ship should make it a pretty simple matter to get acquainted with my fellow cruisers.

I cruised solo on both the Windsurf and the Windspirit. Make sure you go to the lounge for the port lectures and talk to people sitting near you, take a ship's excursion to get to know more people and be friendly at afternoon tea, breakfast and other casual meals. Sign up for the available

alternative restaurant; they may put you with other people. Be prepared to eat alone, but that's not a problem on Windsurf. Have a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

I got home late last night and plan to post a more detailed report once I get jet lag under control. In brief, however, it was a wonderful trip. No hesitation about advising others to go solo. It was easy to meet people, it was fun to flirt with the cute waiters, and it was great to do entirely as I pleased with respect to excursions and leisure time. The Windstar folks treated me very well, too.

That is great to hear! Happy you had a fun time! I would love to go on one of their ships. What age group did you find? ( I am late 40's) But I guess that doesn't really matter. Lok forward to your review! Where will you post it?

I got home late last night and plan to post a more detailed report once I get jet lag under control. In brief, however, it was a wonderful trip. No hesitation about advising others to go solo. It was easy to meet people, it was fun to flirt with the cute waiters, and it was great to do entirely as I pleased with respect to excursions and leisure time. The Windstar folks treated me very well, too.

There seemed to be quite an age range, with the majority probably from their mid-40s to late 50s. There were a couple mother-daughter duos, a few pairs of sisters, and some women friends traveling together. I'll probably post my additional comments in this "solo" section - or maybe some comments under the Windstar section.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my journal from the trip just about typed and edited, so I'll try to post it soon as an attachment. There's plenty of drivel in there that only my nearest and dearest will find enthralling, but you're welcome to skim through for any information of interest to future solo travelers.

Thanks! I have been waiting and I keep skimming the threads to see if you had posted it yet!

I have my journal from the trip just about typed and edited, so I'll try to post it soon as an attachment. There's plenty of drivel in there that only my nearest and dearest will find enthralling, but you're welcome to skim through for any information of interest to future solo travelers.

Archived