My First Group Cruise

Mskala

Hi Everyone!

I have my very first group cruise all set to go. We are doing the Carnival Pride sailing, September 23, 2012 and I can't wait.

I am using a TA and have recieved amenity points and all the other goodies she could get.

I am having a booking party and here's what I have together so far:

TA will be in attendance to take deposits/answer questions

Decorations (Red/White/Blue Carnival Colors!)

DVD Setup for new cruises (DVD provided by TA from Carnival)

Info on each port of call (Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport)

Drinks will be Bahama Mamas and Rum Punch

Food of course!

Raffle for $25 FunShip Dollars (will provide a raffle ticket for each deposit recieved)

Island Music

Here's what I'm having trouble with...what types of games/activities can we do??

Thanks all for the input!

Have fun! I tried to organize a group a few years ago - had about 15 cabins of friends who said they wanted to go, would book, and liked the dates and price. Got the group booking stuff straight and then no one would commit and actually book. Ended up just being dh and me, my parents, and my MIL.

A poker crawl is a fun game. We've done it onboard but you could also alter it for your party. Everyone chips in a small amount (say $5) and draws a card from a deck at five different locations. At the last one, the best hand wins the pot!

I hope you have a lot of friends to invite who will book. Good luck.

I cant talk my friends into cruising.

It's all mostly family and some family friends. Most of us cruise regularly so I don't think it will be a problem.

Have fun! I tried to organize a group a few years ago - had about 15 cabins of friends who said they wanted to go, would book, and liked the dates and price. Got the group booking stuff straight and then no one would commit and actually book. Ended up just being dh and me, my parents, and my MIL.

A poker crawl is a fun game. We've done it onboard but you could also alter it for your party. Everyone chips in a small amount (say $5) and draws a card from a deck at five different locations. At the last one, the best hand wins the pot!

Love the Poker Crawl idea. Thanks!

Sorry your group booking didn't work out. Luckily, I have a few people who've made deposits already and need just a few more to get my free berth. The booking party is mainly so everyone can meet our TA and get in those last minute deposits...

Archived