Samana Recently?

tbmrt

Nice to hear you will be on the same cruise. We just recently found and joined the message board for the 1/15/11 cruise on the Dawn so maybe we will run into each other. Looking forward to seeing you on the Dawn.

Has anyone been to Samana recently? It is our first stop on an 11 night cruise after a sea day so we probably will want to get off the ship.

NCL has the Cayo Levitano Beach Break, but it seems crazy to spend $100 to just get a tender ride to the island with everything else there more $$$....especially since we have some gorgeous beach trips following in the days afterward.

See a few other suggestions in the Samana port forum, but mostly alot of hiking through the rain forest to waterfalls and the spots really don't look too exciting.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Barbara

I would just stay on the ship, you are anchored in a beautiful bay. The "town" they tender to is pretty crummy, if you are a value cruiser I would think that you would find the excursions a waste of money, dont know if I would taxi around that place either. We just stayed on the ship.

I would just stay on the ship, you are anchored in a beautiful bay. The "town" they tender to is pretty crummy, if you are a value cruiser I would think that you would find the excursions a waste of money, dont know if I would taxi around that place either. We just stayed on the ship.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Samana is one of the most amazingly beautiful places I have ever been to, and missing the opportunity to explore it would be cheating yourself. Yes, there is poverty, just like so many other places in the Caribbean, but there is so much startling beauty to be found there as well. I say get off the ship, and get out there and explore a bit! :D

I wholeheartedly disagree. Samana is one of the most amazingly beautiful places I have ever been to, and missing the opportunity to explore it would be cheating yourself. Yes, there is poverty, just like so many other places in the Caribbean, but there is so much startling beauty to be found there as well. I say get off the ship, and get out there and explore a bit! :D

I strongly agree with WaldosPepper ! Samana is a beautiful place with wonderful people.

Do not pass by the opportunity to see how this part of the world lives. We took an ATV tour through the jungles and were able to see just how the people of this country live. It's something that everyone should see, even our children, to make them appreciate the life that we have. It wasn't all dreary as we stopped at a beautiful beach for lunch and the people there are warm and sincere. Don't miss this opportunity.

Archived