Carnival emboidery file???

TheGrandparents

My mom loved to do this and she had a fancy machine or 2 lol....she quilted and embroidered..and my dad bought a long arm because sending out the quilts was too expensive but i am not at all sure it evened out money wise but it sure did on his creativity with the stories in the quilting..I have the quilting and embroidery she did for me..a wall hanging and a bed set and some Halloween and Christmas Towels....this thread made me happy. She learned to do alot on the computer to make albums and calendars too and made tons of creative memories pages and albums before getting into this..and sewed and old-fashiond embroidered with her grandma. I like that guys and gals and couples and groups all like it..it is very cool...2 years ago today I saw her leave on her last life flight..I will say that I live in the land now of uber rich and middle and lower middle class and a few that live off the land in very severe conditions..sad there is less and less mixing..and to see it happen again here, over travel and especially happy projects like this..MAKE MY DAY..and it was a sweet 2 year ago today goodbye memory to mom doing projects no doubt beyond our capacity to imagine in beauty there in heaven..I saw her leave in this life; flight 2 years ago today and was last time I saw her alive...that day and previous night spent there..

We were fortunate middle class for those machines LOL and I will say that Ted Turner surprised me, who owns tons around here moved his jet and held off, the private planes and emergency planes go from same area... so I could watch mom go in the distance in this plane..I saw them load her and sent she and dad off, to heaven figuratively as she lived only a few more days in Spokane. He is a humanitarian.

Me..LOL..I am the skipped generation..no patience for these kinds of projects..Sarah

Thank you Tom..loved my Bellingham visits..this just makes me happy..this is the new version of how it used to be in the old days, heart people making handy heart projects for happy times...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 4 weeks later...

I got an embroidery machine yesterday for my birthday and leave on the Sunshine in a couple weeks! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a copy of the Whale Tail file if someone can share! I know this thread is old, but hoping someone sees!! Please send to funncruiser@gmail.com - funncruiser AT gmail DOT com. Thanks soooooo much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Time2CruiseAgain

• 2 years later...

I still have it!!!

Just have to find it, and of course, that laptop at the repair shop right now.

Should have it back today.

I'll send to you.

I did hats and shirts with the Whale Tail, the name of ship we were sailing on, and that person's name. The biggest issue we had, other passengers would stop and ask us questions, they thought we were crew members, WE LOVED IT!!!

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Matt,

I didn't get the file for the whale's tail. Could you re-send it to terridej1@gmail.com? Thank you so much!

I still have it!!!

I'll send to you.

I did hats and shirts with the Whale Tail, the name of ship we were sailing on, and that person's name. The biggest issue we had, other passengers would stop and ask us questions, they thought we were crew members, WE LOVED IT!!!

Matt

@mattmdv or anyone that has file, I would also love file. catrina2 at tenhouse dot com

Wonder if it was put in a dropbox if it could then be shared here, so everyone is not constantly having to send emails? Just an idea. :)

I agree with 5ten. After reading through this thread and seeing everyone asking for the file via email, a much better option these days would be to upload the file to a public Dropbox folder (or similar service) then post the link here. Others could even share their own files too. Unless CC doesn't allow that type of thing, of course.

I was just skimming over the recent Carnival threads and thought I'd check this out. We just booked on the Glory, but not until 2018. Still excited though. Only our second cruise, but taking a family of 5 first-timers, so I've been considering matching T-shirts. Was thinking about one of the websites where you order personalized shirts, but saw this thread and remembered my aunt has an embroidery machine. I'm pretty tech savvy, but I don't know much about her machine, other than it's a Brother. And I guess it's a bit older. She used to embroider a lot of shirts for our son when he was younger (teenager now) so it's 5 years old or more. But if it's still capable of doing these kinds of things, maybe going the embroidered shirt route would be better than ordering some online

• 1 month later...
I still have it!!!

I'll send to you.

Matt

I would love a copy too. Please email to deniseboitano@aol.com Thank you so much. Got a cruise in February, so I will get sewing.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I don't do embroidery but this revived thread caught my eye (probably because I'm reading anything cruise related out of desperation and not much is being posted). Anyway, after reading all 7 pages I can't believe nobody ever set up a file sharing site. And really surprised that with the one exception towards the end, no one else who received the file before offered to send it to the new people requesting. Wow!

It would be courteous that if you receive it, forward it to the next request...get an assembly line going. Or anyone who has received it in the past can send it to a new request. I was also surprised there wasn't more sharing of pictures of the creations after getting the file for free.