Silhouette Holy Land Review

Gonzo70

Gonzo, Do you have any suggestions of where to buy Christmas ornaments or crosses? Is the store in Bethlehem a good place? We will also be in Jerusalem and Haifa. I would like to bring some gifts back. Thanks!

The store in Bethlehem might be a good place; my wife bought a little Nativity scene there. The jewelry was expensive at the store, but much of the other merchandise seemed reasonably priced. You may also want to ask your guide if they can recommend a place for you.

Gonzo, Do you have any suggestions of where to buy Christmas ornaments or crosses? Is the store in Bethlehem a good place? We will also be in Jerusalem and Haifa. I would like to bring some gifts back. Thanks!

We are just back too and bought several Christmas ornaments at the store in Bethlehem for relatives. What could be better than a Christmas ornament from Bethlehem!!:)

wow that filet mignon at qsine looks fab

quick question, so we are booked at qsine ... and my wife is a vegetarian, but i'd love to try that filet. are they able to do smaller portions for one? just wondering, thanks!

Yes, they definitely do smaller portions on request. My wife and I ate at Qsine twice, the second time just the two of us. We discussed what portion sizes we wanted with the server when we dined alone (i.e. just two sliders for the slider party) and they were very accommodating. Worked perfectly; we were able to try many courses, but little to no food went to waste.

Yes, they definitely do smaller portions on request. My wife and I ate at Qsine twice, the second time just the two of us. We discussed what portion sizes we wanted with the server when we dined alone (i.e. just two sliders for the slider party) and they were very accommodating. Worked perfectly; we were able to try many courses, but little to no food went to waste.

GREAT TO KNOW! i was worried since i didn't want two separate heaping portions of veggie and meat dishes.

btw are all the shows worth catching? just wondering which shows were better than others ...

GREAT TO KNOW! i was worried since i didn't want two separate heaping portions of veggie and meat dishes.

btw are all the shows worth catching? just wondering which shows were better than others ...

My wife and I are not all that into shows so I am not the best person to make recommendations on this topic, but I did catch the Cirque de Soleil type show and enjoyed it. It was particularly windy that evening, so the ship was rocking some and it was pretty amazing what they were able to do under those circumstances.

My wife and I are not all that into shows so I am not the best person to make recommendations on this topic, but I did catch the Cirque de Soleil type show and enjoyed it. It was particularly windy that evening, so the ship was rocking some and it was pretty amazing what they were able to do under those circumstances.

many thanks, and again, great pics and glad you guys had fun!

There was a similar show on Solstice.

2011029500096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

If you like Cirque, you'll love this.

• 2 months later...
Bhughey requested that photograph the beer list at Michael's; the lighting was a bit odd in there for taking pictures, but I hope the list is legible. Definitely the best beer list I have seen at sea by far!

Glimpse of the new bar:

317646_10150881702545441_561000440_21354377_235233005_n.jpg

The Beer List:

303824_10150881708640441_561000440_21354437_1126193098_n.jpg

301494_10150881708750441_561000440_21354439_45393024_n.jpg

310297_10150881708965441_561000440_21354441_585246734_n.jpg

296335_10150881709530441_561000440_21354446_1841024906_n.jpg

298074_10150881709670441_561000440_21354449_1111609470_n.jpg

Cheers.

Is this bar available on the Equinox? Anyone know if the Champagne bar is on the Equinox?

makes so much more sense than a cruise to Europe.

There are so many things to do and see in the different European country's that a couple hours off a ship does not seem like nearly enough.

As least for a first time.

Now a cruise to the holy land is perfect. There are so many dangers associated with travel to the middle east, that a couple hours to see the important sites, seems perfect.

This is how I would do it.

Wonderful review and photos, Gonzo. Somehow I missed it when you wrote it in October so I'm glad it came up again. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (and taking notes :)). We're on the Sillhouette's TA in December and you've made me look forward to it twice as much. I think we're going to be in for a real treat.

Is this bar available on the Equinox? Anyone know if the Champagne bar is on the Equinox?

That bar you are asking about on Silhouette is the new version of Michael's Club, which is not on the Equinox. Equinox has the original style Michael's Club bar that is found on other Celebrity ships.

I do not recall seeing a specific Champagne Bar on the Equinox. This is not to say you can't get Champagne on Equinox.

That bar you are asking about on Silhouette is the new version of Michael's Club, which is not on the Equinox. Equinox has the original style Michael's Club bar that is found on other Celebrity ships.

I do not recall seeing a specific Champagne Bar on the Equinox. This is not to say you can't get Champagne on Equinox.

Correct. On Equinox the best bet for champagne would be at the Wine Bar or at the Martini Bar.

I noticed your comment about noise above your cabin. We were on this ship in November in AQ cabin 1541 and had the same problem during the night and every morning around 5:30. I went up to the next deck and found we were directly under the kitchen for the Aqua Spa Cafe! The person in the next cabin arranged for one of the ship's customer service people to come up and listen to the noise during the night. After that the middle of the night noise stopped but not the 5:30 AM wake up call (so to speak).

Noise was also an issue between cabins - could hear discussions and TV noise. We also sailed on the Solstice in AQ and the Equinox in Concierge class and never hear a sound from above or from the adjoining cabins. I almost felt they decided to cut down on insulation between cabins but of course I have no proof of that.

Anyway, I liked your review very much. Thanks.

Hi,

Just read your wonderful review.

We will also be staying in Civitavecchia prior to our cruise and want to take the train from the airport.

You wrote it is a litte tricky but doable.

Could you explain?

Did you change at Trastevere?

Kind regards

Reico van Gelder Winters

Great review! Thanks for your effort and for posting so many great pictures.

We will be on the Silhouette T/A in April and can't wait - this will be our first S class ship and we have a feeling they will become our favorites.

We already have a meal planned at QSine (along with our Roll Call - in fact we may have taken over the whole restaurant for one night :D) but were also thinking of using the Lawn Club and your review has helped in that direction. I think my husband and brother would enjoy grilling at sea.

The activities you describe all sound entertaining too - sounds like an engaged and attentive staff.

Can't wait - thanks again.

Archived