Hair and makeup on board

nicoleberry83

I'm going to be getting married in port while on the Eclipse, and because I'm generally inept at self-beautification, I think it's in my best interest to have someone else do my hair and makeup.

I know that getting an updo shouldn't be a problem in the onboard salon, but how about makeup? I've never used the salon before, so I don't know exactly what services are available. If I won't be able to get my makeup done on the ship, perhaps I can track down a makeup artist in St. Kitts...

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm going to be getting married in port while on the Eclipse, and because I'm generally inept at self-beautification, I think it's in my best interest to have someone else do my hair and makeup.

I know that getting an updo shouldn't be a problem in the onboard salon, but how about makeup? I've never used the salon before, so I don't know exactly what services are available. If I won't be able to get my makeup done on the ship, perhaps I can track down a makeup artist in St. Kitts...

Thanks in advance for any help!

How romantic & congratulations. If the wedding has been arranged via Celebrity then call the customer svc #. IF you used a wedding svc for St Kitts ask them. Try a google search for make up /hair styling St. Kitts. Try St. Kitts tourist office for wedding info.

Happy cruise & beautiful wedding

Carole

Nicoleberry83

I'm also an Eclipse bride, getting married while at sea next month. We've arranged the wedding through Celebrity/The Wedding Experience. "Self-beautification" isn't my strong suit either, so I'm counting on having someone do my make-up for me. My co-ordinator advised me that there is a cosmetics store/boutique on board, and that the staff there will do makeup for brides. She suggested that I visit the boutique once getting on board and arranging an appointment with the staff.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

R.

Just a suggestion: If a stranger will be doing your hair and/or makeup for the first time, it seems to me that it would be worth paying extra to have the same person do it as a trial run in advance to make sure it is to your liking.

Not worth the gamble of having someone you have never seen before do it for the first time for your wedding not knowing for sure how it will end up looking.

Can't speak to Hair and Makeup, but I'm an expert on Kiss and Makeup! n.b. expert - Ex is a has been, and spert is a drip under pressure. When you have have made as many foolish mistakes as I have, you become pretty adept at Kiss and Makeup!

And so far, it has worked out!

Thanks for the help and suggestions, everyone! We're getting married off the ship, not arranged through X, but I'm working with a planner on St. Kitts. My preference would be to get makeup done on the ship so I can get going as soon as I'm bride-ified and head to the wedding location.

nlbride -- Congrats! I'm jealous that your wedding is coming up so soon! I know you'll have a wonderful time and it'll be beautiful.

fleckle -- Definitely a good idea to do a trial run. Thanks for reinforcing that idea!

Redtravel -- I wear eyeliner only, and not even on a daily basis. As such, I don't trust myself to do my makeup. I don't know the right colors or how to apply makeup properly, and I don't even own any makeup, so I'm definitely not prepared to apply my own, despite having a makeup application lesson years and years ago. I want the makeup to look natural but not necessarily neutral. Basically, I want to look like me on my wedding day ... just a better-looking version of me.

Thanks again, everyone!

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the help and suggestions, everyone! We're getting married off the ship, not arranged through X, but I'm working with a planner on St. Kitts. My preference would be to get makeup done on the ship so I can get going as soon as I'm bride-ified and head to the wedding location.

nlbride -- Congrats! I'm jealous that your wedding is coming up so soon! I know you'll have a wonderful time and it'll be beautiful.

fleckle -- Definitely a good idea to do a trial run. Thanks for reinforcing that idea!

Redtravel -- I wear eyeliner only, and not even on a daily basis. As such, I don't trust myself to do my makeup. I don't know the right colors or how to apply makeup properly, and I don't even own any makeup, so I'm definitely not prepared to apply my own, despite having a makeup application lesson years and years ago. I want the makeup to look natural but not necessarily neutral. Basically, I want to look like me on my wedding day ... just a better-looking version of me.

Thanks again, everyone!

It is about year later! How did the weddings go?? I am doing the same thing on our cruise to the mediterranean in April! Trying to figure out how to pre-book the hair salon that morning, and having troubles. But I love the suggestion of going to the makeup boutique for an application! Did that work out?

Yaay, cruise weddings!

My daughter had hers done on board (RCCL). Do go to the salon and book it as soon as you board for your hair. They are closed when in port but they came to her room. She did book through RCCL for the Wedding.

I would contact your planner as the on board places will be closed when you would want your stuff done. Do go early with all of your stuff so that you can be dressed and ready ASAP. Good luck and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

Archived