Carnival Freedom 10/2-10/8 Very detailed & lots of pictures!

flgatormom29

Congratulations to you both. You are a beautiful bride.

I loved reading your review and seeing all of the great pics. So glad you had a great cruise with your family. I just have a quick question about your "Just Married" door decoration. We are getting married this evening and going on our honeymoon cruise next week. We would really like to decorate our door too and I just wanted to know if you had any problems with having that sign on your door? I posted a question asking about wedding door decorations and someone responded to me not put up the Just Married decoration as he said lots of folks like to walk by and knock on the door at all hours, call your room etc.......We were just curious if you had any incidents like this?

Thanks. Cari :)

PS: I'm originally from St.Pete and knew that was a pic of the Gulf when I first started reading your review. :D

Congratulations on ur wedding tonight!! Can't believe u have time to come check this site! My day was so crazy and the time went by so fast!

And yep, that was st pete! That was from a dolphin watcher sailboat ride! We left out of st pete! We love groupon, and do fun things like that as often as we can! :-)

As for my "just married" sign... I got it from vistaprint for like $12. I had no issues with it. I was worried about people ripping it off or defacing it, but nothing. Our room was right next to the atrium elevators, so lots of foot traffic and not one person knocked or called our room. I expected more, but it was really quiet. Go for it!! Enjoy it as much as possible!!

Also, highly recommend the game of love... Was so much fun! BUT they said it was going to be on the dvd so we bought it... Nope! I'm still so mad about that!! Was a lot of laughs and my hubby got so embarrassed at every question, and it would have been fun to watch later in life... But now we don't have it....

Great review and pictures - congrats !!! I have a question about your stingray and turtle excursion. It looks like you did the stingray part first then the turtles. Did they have a place to change out of your wet swimsuit before the turtle part? I have booked this same excursion for December when we are on the Legend but was not sure what to take with us on the boat. Did they have a safe dry area to keep your stuff/beach bag while in the water with the stingrays?

Great review and pictures - congrats !!! I have a question about your stingray and turtle excursion. It looks like you did the stingray part first then the turtles. Did they have a place to change out of your wet swimsuit before the turtle part? I have booked this same excursion for December when we are on the Legend but was not sure what to take with us on the boat. Did they have a safe dry area to keep your stuff/beach bag while in the water with the stingrays?

We did go to stingray city first. When we got off the boat into the water, we just left our bags on the boat. Everyone got off the boat including all the staff to help us handle the rays, so I never felt unsafe leaving it. Once we left, they had 1 small bathroom on board. I changed in there. My husband just kept his suit on and once he dried, he put a shirt on. I changed my 2 year old just right on the boat. A lot of the people on the boat just left their suits on and put a coverup over it. The boat ride is about 20-25 mins that you will be dry by the time you get to the buses. Plus, you do have the opportunity to snorkel at the turtle farm. You can snorkel right by the preditor tank, and their are turtles and fish swimming in there too.

We packed this big backpack with extra clothes and shoes, and it was so not worth carrying it all around! I used my clothes, but my husband never used his or his shoes and neither did either of my kids!

Also, we got watershoes just for this excursion. They did not allow them in the water at stingray city. Bare feet only. They did allow my 2 year old to keep them on, but that was it. Just in case you were thinking about that....

Congrats to you and your hubby on your nuptuals! You both looked awesome.

It looks like Cirene did your hair, you were a stunning bride from head to toe. Congrats, again, and best to you and yours!

I had to go through my pictures to see what I posted, and I didn't even post any from getting my hair done, so how did you know who did my hair? I believe that was her name, but it was spelled differently.

This is her...

DSC04649.jpg

But how in the world did you know?

Thank you very much for your compliments. I felt so glamarous that day. I'm already talking about a vow renewal in 5 or 10 years cuz it was amazing and I want to do it again! :D

I had to go through my pictures to see what I posted, and I didn't even post any from getting my hair done, so how did you know who did my hair? I believe that was her name, but it was spelled differently.

This is her...

DSC04649.jpg

But how in the world did you know?

Thank you very much for your compliments. I felt so glamarous that day. I'm already talking about a vow renewal in 5 or 10 years cuz it was amazing and I want to do it again! :D

Your wedding day stylist is this poster's better half :cool:. I usually know when she has brides to be in her chair :p

Your wedding day stylist is this poster's better half :cool:. I usually know when she has brides to be in her chair :p

That's awesome!!! She was amazing! She did mine and my 2 year old's hair. I was so impressed. I showed her a picture and my hair was exactly that picture! Both girls we worked with were great! :D

Has to be hard being married to someone gone so much....

Congratulations on your wedding :)

We just got off the Freedom this morning, we did the 8 day Eastern and had a great time. Reviews are so time consuming but I enjoy doing them, thanks for taking the time to share your cruise.

Were you on the 7th deck? I met a steward name Andre who was super nice and George was a hoot too :)

Congratulations on your wedding :)

We just got off the Freedom this morning, we did the 8 day Eastern and had a great time. Reviews are so time consuming but I enjoy doing them, thanks for taking the time to share your cruise.

Were you on the 7th deck? I met a steward name Andre who was super nice and George was a hoot too :)

We wanted to do the 8 day, but my family liked the idea of the 6. I'm glad we only did 6 though, we were ready to go home. We had so much fun, but we really expected more help from our families with the kids, so didn't get to do a lot of the activites we wanted to do. I think if we were there 2 more days we wouldn't have been able to bite our tongue anymore :rolleyes:. Once our girls are a bit older-we want to do a longer cruise!

And, YES! We were on deck 7! Sounds like you met our Andre. We miss him. He was SO sweet and amazing! Really did a good job!

And George.... He's so funny! During the adult only game, Jacque was joking with him a lot...and it was so funny to see his reaction. He is definately in the right job! So much funk and energy! His Shake ur Groove thing was so cute! Love him! Can't believe how young he is! We will certainly miss him on the Ecstasy. Wish we could switch back to the Freedom instead just for him! I could listen to him talk all day...love his accent! :rolleyes:

Archived