Formal Nights

holidaylover10

Hi All,

My Husband and I will be taking our first Cruise and will be sailing on the Constellation in April 2012.

Could someone tell me when we will be able to find out for definite when the formal nights will take place. We would like to pre book a speciality restaurant for our anniversary but do not want to miss out on the formal nights in the MDR, If our anniversary clashes with a formal night we would book the speciality restaurant on a different day.

Regards

For definite you won't know exactly which nights they are until you can get a report back from previous cruisers on the same itinerary and then it may still change as it's down to the Captain. However it's safe to assume on your trip (21st April I think) that the first will be on the first sea day and the final one on the second to last sea day. The middle one could be Barbados or St Lucia I would think.

Phil

Is slightly different than it was when I did this sailing in January... Anything can happen and ultimately, it's at the discretion of the Captain, but I would also bet that the Formal Nights will be on Days 2, 6, and 13 [all Sea Days, as was the case on my trip]...

You will know the exact schedule upon boarding; the first issue of Celebrity Today will have a complete run-down... If you decide to make advance reservations and a choice proves incorrect [i too think that the timing of the second Formal Night is the one most in question], go immediately to the Maitre 'D to change that reservation.

Thank you for your replies,

I will keep checking this website and hopefully someone who sails before me may be able to give me more info on their return.

Constellation is a really nice ship and you've picked a great itinerary. I did a similar one to yours in March on Constellation, albeit in reverse and including Bonaire instead of St Thomas. Enjoy your first cruise!

Phil

Hi All,

My Husband and I will be taking our first Cruise and will be sailing on the Constellation in April 2012.

Could someone tell me when we will be able to find out for definite when the formal nights will take place. We would like to pre book a speciality restaurant for our anniversary but do not want to miss out on the formal nights in the MDR, If our anniversary clashes with a formal night we would book the speciality restaurant on a different day.

Regards

Someone on your Roll Call board might have an educated guess.

Book the specialty restaurant on a port day and 90% chance it will not be a formal night; in the off chance it turns out to be a formal night it likely will not be difficult to change to a different day once on board (as long as you do this early on in the cruise, as sometimes the specialty restaurants do end up booking up). Have a great first cruise and anniversary! The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are great, so that is a real nice idea for celebrating your anniversary. :)

Book the specialty restaurant on a port day and 90% chance it will not be a formal night; in the off chance it turns out to be a formal night it likely will not be difficult to change to a different day once on board (as long as you do this early on in the cruise, as sometimes the specialty restaurants do end up booking up). Have a great first cruise and anniversary! The specialty restaurants on Celebrity are great, so that is a real nice idea for celebrating your anniversary. :)

I don't know if you looked at the schedule but they have five at sea days and 3 formal nights, I think that cuts the 90% number down a bit.

Hi All,

Regards

Welcome to the world of cruising!

This always used to be one of our main concerns when we started cruising. Follow the advice others have given you about when the formal nights are likely to be then, on embarkation, head straight to the speciality restaurant desk. They will have a list of when the formal nights are and allow you to move night to suit, if necessary. There may be the desk at the dock before you board. Otherwise head straight to the restaurant and there will be someone there. I would also mention that you are celebrating a special occasion.

My second stop [before I had my hair cut short] was to head to the spa and book hair appointments for the formal nights. They fill up very quickly!

Sue

Archived