New wine package on Coral Princess

capnjack

There are not many wines around $45.00. Better to pay the difference between $29 and $35 which seems to be the price of most wines I would buy.
We agree with you. We bought a 10 bottle Silver package and paid extra for a $31, $32 and two $38 bottles. Our friends who drink more wine, and often plan their travels around visit to wineries, purchased a 12 bottle Silver package and were quite pleased the the choices. They probably paid extra for about five bottles in the $30 to $38 range also.

I need to correct my previous post :eek:

Golden, Island, Coral, Sapphire, Pacific and Caribbean appear to offer the packages. Crown, Emerald and Grand do not. The Ocean, Diamond, Star, and Ruby have offered sometimes.

For what it's worth, someone on the current Grand sailing (R/T SF-HAWAII) posted on their roll call thread the other day that the 7 and 10 day packages were being offered.

I think sometimes you may have to ask for it. We just got off the Grand and the couple at our table asked for it and was offered it. The wine steward never came by to make the offer. The couple just asked our table waiter for it.

For what it's worth, someone on the current Grand sailing (R/T SF-HAWAII) posted on their roll call thread the other day that the 7 and 10 day packages were being offered.
That's good to know. Might be a change in Maitre d' and/or Food and Beverage Manager :)
I think sometimes you may have to ask for it. We just got off the Grand and the couple at our table asked for it and was offered it. The wine steward never came by to make the offer. The couple just asked our table waiter for it.
The information I posted was from people who had asked to purchase the package but were refused :(

On the Island, it was not sold by the Sommelier but rather by dining room wait staff and they were actively selling the packages in the MDR during lunch on Embarkation day :)

Carnival has offered wine packages for sometime. We nearly always buy at least a five day package. Our last cruise was a 15 day repositioning on the Carnival Miracle. We bought two five bottle packages for about $262 including gratuity.

On the last night we bought a bottle from the package from our waiter. Based on that price I calculated the 10 bottle package saved us $2.32.

It is more convenient to give your waiter a coupon than to use your S & S each time.

We recently got off the Star 28 day cruise and the package was offered by the dining staff. We bought two silver tier 12 bottle cards during our voyage and saved $9 on each bottle because all the bottles we bought were at least $29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely consider purchasing a package, but I just don't understand why Princess can't come up with a consistent program like the other cruise lines do and make it available on all ships.

So right - consistency is the key word... We were on a B2B on the Crown last year; a 14-day TA followed by a 12-day Med. The pkg was not offered on the TA, despite our asking, but was heavily promoted on the Med portion. Didn't make sense to me...???...:confused:

So right - consistency is the key word... We were on a B2B on the Crown last year; a 14-day TA followed by a 12-day Med. The pkg was not offered on the TA, despite our asking, but was heavily promoted on the Med portion. Didn't make sense to me...???...:confused:

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived