Short and Sweet

k2

We have booked full day tours the day before and the day after St. Lucia. I am not sure when I will get back here, so I don't want to just stay on the ship. Can anyone recommend something to do that is less than 4 hours that will give us some exposure to the island? I would like to keep it under $50 if possible. Thanks!

We have booked full day tours the day before and the day after St. Lucia. I am not sure when I will get back here, so I don't want to just stay on the ship. Can anyone recommend something to do that is less than 4 hours that will give us some exposure to the island? I would like to keep it under $50 if possible. Thanks!

Why would you just want to stay on the ship?? Just because you booked full days tours before and after St Lucia. Check the website for half day or even full day tours

Paul

91 days to Victory

Why would you just want to stay on the ship?? Just because you booked full days tours before and after St Lucia. Check the website for half day or even full day tours

Paul

91 days to Victory

k2 wrote that s/he does NOT want to stay on the ship. Sorry I don't have any advice k2--I was browsing your post because I am looking for St. Lucia ideas too ~

I would check with some of the companies recommended here on CC for shorter tours- maybe Castries and Marigot Bay tour.

You can hire a taxi right at the pier to see the iconic Pitons in Soufriere. It is a 3 hour round trip by car if you don't really do any stops, except for some quick pictures. And it is expensive - easily $125 r/t for up to 4. Tours will be less expensive than on your own.

Cosol, spencer Ambrose, Jame's Touring, etc all have great tours that are similar in offerings and about 6 hours - down the west coast, a few scenic stops, lunch, the Pitons, volcano and some beach time. All around $65-$70 pp.

You could also grab a cab and head up to Pigeon Island - lovely heritage site with great beach, shade, 2 restaurants, some ruins, short hike for great views over Rodney Bay (used to be a fort used in the British/French wars) and a little snorkeling. About $30US one way up to 4 people.

Taxis are expensive in St. Lucia - Looshans almost never use them, we use our complicated but very cheap bus system or private cars.

Also, you could just stroll Castries a bit - the Cathedral, Derek Walcott (Nobel Laureate) Square, some small shops.

Enjoy your day - there is lots to see and do in St. Lucia!

Archived