Stateroom storage ?

tcs1366

I've never been on Princess before, and while looking at the design of the room, I do not see any sort of dresser.

The ships I've been on before have had low, long dressers with 4-6 drawers and an Armoire by the closet -- which had plenty of space.

Aside from a closet, what sort of storage for clothing does Princess offer?

We are staying in a BB balcony stateroom.

Thanks in advance

Sapphire%252520closet.jpg

I see by your signature you are sailing on the Ruby in 2012, so I am guessing that is the ship you are asking about. Princess provides storage inside the closet in the means of shelves. The only drawers you will find are those in the nightstands (in some categories) or in the dressing table.

thanks for the image Toto -- i was trying to imagine how the closet looked. Guess I may have to bring more hangers and just hang everything.

and Yes, the Ruby -- guess i did omit that from my post. :rolleyes:

thanks Marilyn.

I was reading in one of those "secrets" threads and someone mentioned bringing more hangers.

Your steward will get you more hangers if you ask. I tend to hang alot of my clothes so typically ask. I over pack and haven't had problems with storage space.

Enjoy your first Princess cruise.

I have no problem even on 14+ day cruises. I typically carry only one suitcase with 40 pounds since that is what I can lug around.

Saving grace is that there is a laundry room on every deck and they do a pretty good job. It is easy enough to pick an odd time and throw a load in. Carry the Purex 3 in 1 sheets in a zip lock bag (only going to need 3 or 4 at 1 per load) and I also add a Tide sheet that catches color since I tend to throw it all in and for me a stain stick. Less than 10 ounces all told.

Since drawer space is limited and because I have a hard shell suitcase that allows clothes to shift I put underwear and socks in one gal zip lock and I put bras and scarfs and jewelry pack in another bag. I use a couple of 2 gal bags for T-shirts. Throw them on those shelves and you have packed and unpacked. Don't waste your luggage weight limits on hangers -- readily available. I also think the ship laundry does an excellent job especially on bulky items like long pants and dress shirts. DH takes 3 dress shirts and wears one while the other is in laundry and a spare if you get clumsey:rolleyes:

amount of luggage wont be much of an issue.... we are driving down, spending a week in Daytona first, then after the cruise - visiting friends in Bartow and other towns for a week or more.

We've pretty much just started planning for this -- but do have a lot of time to get it all figured out.

I do believe I have learned not to over pack for cruises -- though this is only my 3rd. First one, I WAY over packet -- second one I did much better. But you never know what type of weather you will get... the one in 2010 was pretty crappy/cold weather - so didn't wear too much summer clothing.

I too use a lot of ziplocs, I also like those bags where you roll the air out.

OH -- I also have used those over the door shoe holders... great for "stuff". Is there a handy place to hang these? On Carnival, I could hang it on the closet door -- but it never closed properly. I'll drag it with, since i'll have the room -- and it is handy.

any other tips on storing things would be great.

Would anyone have a photo of the wardrobe set up on a Dawn or Sun Princess interior cabin? I have heard they are a lot smaller than you find in a balcony cabin.

I found some on webshots from back in 2006, but I am sure they will be the same as they haven't changed anything about the cabin layouts on these ships since they were built. It says these are from stateromm D310.

2731033850054406160S500x500Q85.jpg

2936213350054406160S500x500Q85.jpg

2731033850054406160S500x500Q85.jpg

In Toto's photos, the two doors on the right are the two hanging space wardrobes. We take a lot of 'stuff' and there was enough room.

One little trap to look out for - If you are in the bathroom with the door open (as couples often do), anyone who comes to the door can see you reflected in the mirror at the head of the bed. :) BTW we didn't leave the cabin door open, but when the steward knocked my husband answered the door. Oops. :D

I see that Eileen's photo has three wardrobes. We have only two in each of the cabins we have had.

Archived