Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Would love for this to be a sticky! If not you can make a short cut for yourself to the actual site. I have one on my desktop.

Unfortunately that would not work for all the new cruisers that are joining us every day.

I received a reply from Laura, our community manager, explaining that they are receiving many request for postings to be made a sticky and they don't want to open the floodgate.

So for now we have to keep posting with either new pictures or requests.

The only thing I can do is "bump" this tread up ones in a while.

Theo

Good idea Potato Bug. Friends also tell friends that this thread is available. I would bet though that most folks are not interested. They are too busy measuring the 2 inches more balcony in certain cabins:D Perfect in my opinion as I want the midship Emerald deck cabin that has just a little lamp here or a rope there instead of the big orange wall! Too many savvy folks would cause MEME a problem

Good idea Potato Bug. Friends also tell friends that this thread is available. I would bet though that most folks are not interested. They are too busy measuring the 2 inches more balcony in certain cabins:D Perfect in my opinion as I want the midship Emerald deck cabin that has just a little lamp here or a rope there instead of the big orange wall! Too many savvy folks would cause MEME a problem

As an example, we just booked this one on the Crown

[ATTACH]221703[/ATTACH]

for the same price as this one

[ATTACH]221704[/ATTACH]

Theo

Edited by Renmar

Hi Renmar. Just off the Star Princess and I did take pictures of E405. My pictures did not add anything to the one that you had (maybe not even as good as the background "clutter" meant couldn't see what was ship and what was something else). The pictures are getting good enough on the site that another set or update doesn't add knowledge. We arranged to get off early so therefore could not get pictures on leaving.

I am a word person so let me try to "discuss" the Star Princess cabins midships category E. There is a white ladder/barrels lower below windows/some white handles and some red handles. Easy to see through these distractions and with a camera with decent zoom could completely take pictures out the window without anything in the picture. I loved being midship and near the midstairs. I could see something out my window and go out the door and down the steps and out the door to the deck. I saved many thousands of dollars by my cabin choice. It works for me and the cabin was comfortable and convenient. I would say most of category E would be covered by these statements.

I liked it so much that I booked the same cabin area (E410) on the Diamond Princess for Oct. 25, 2012 sailing from Bangkok to Beijing. With the savings on the cabin, I have added a week in Beijing and a week in Bangkok with a private tour guide. :D

Unfortunately that would not work for all the new cruisers that are joining us every day.

I received a reply from Laura, our community manager, explaining that they are receiving many request for postings to be made a sticky and they don't want to open the floodgate.

So for now we have to keep posting with either new pictures or requests.

The only thing I can do is "bump" this tread up ones in a while.

Theo

Still waiting to see if anyone had Pics of partially obstructed balcony on the Coral. Keep up the good work and hope this helps to keep you upfront

Still waiting to see if anyone had Pics of partially obstructed balcony on the Coral. Keep up the good work and hope this helps to keep you upfront

Maybe if you could give a cabin number it might give somebody a bright moment and find a picture. In the meantime we keep plugging away.

Theo

If you look at the picture of the Island Princess (not the Coral) on my website (enlarge it as much as possible) you can see that at the bow of the ship on Emerald deck there are 3 portholes (202-204 & 206). Next to those you can see a balcony cabin half hidden by the structure of the ship, this is cabin 208 category BH.

Hope this helps a little.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

If you look at the picture of the Island Princess (not the Coral) on my website (enlarge it as much as possible) you can see that at the bow of the ship on Emerald deck there are 3 portholes (202-204 & 206). Next to those you can see a balcony cabin half hidden by the structure of the ship, this is cabin 208 category BH.

Hope this helps a little.

Theo

Thanks,

Now if someone has stayed in those cabins, maybe they can give us a comparison of these cabins compared to a regular balcony cabins.

Keep up your fantastic work!!!!

You are an asset to all of uslooking to book a cruise!!!

Edited by Momma Mojito

Thanks,

Now if someone has stayed in those cabins, maybe they can give us a comparison of these cabins compared to a regular balcony cabins.

Keep up your fantastic work!!!!

You are an asset to all of uslooking to book a cruise!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I've added this page to my favorites.

Marvelous information.

Theo:

Your in my favorites:) I find this post to be very valuable when looking for an obstructed view!! Keep up the great work.

Carol

Thank you all for your kind remarks :o and at least I'm on the favourite (yes, Canadian spelling) list of some people.

Theo

I want to add my thanks to you for undertaking this project. DW and I like booking Obstructed View Guaranty and just got our cabin assignments for Mexico and Alaska. It was very helpful to be able to go directly to your site to see the view from these cabins. Like the others posting here, we have added your site to our Favorites list. We will contribute photos whenever we can.

We will be on the Emerald in June (E203) Will take pictures then. I need to check on our Rooom number from when we were on the CB. I think it was E204 - totally obstructed.

We are in E 317.

Forgot to mention - Renmar, we'll in the same Group for the 4 City Tour in June

I noticed that. Should be a great tour in all ports.

Also posting so we can bump this tread up again and I'm also working on information of the location of obstructed cabins on the Emerald decks. All are located over the Promenade deck with all the lounges on other sound generating venues.

Theo

Edited by Renmar