Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Hi, has anyone stayed in E412 that can give me any info? Thank You, Nick

View should be very similar to cabins E410 or E416 near by on either side as shown on Theo (Renmar) site.

E410.jpg

cabin E410

E416.jpg

cabin E416

Edited by robtulipe

Wow this is a great thread for planning on obstructed views!

I need some help in deciding for an upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Only choices left that interest me are these two E422 or E424

Any pics or advice?

Thanks!

IMO cabin E422 is the better choice because it has a view around the front end of a lifeboat similar to the first shot whereas E424 view is over the top of a lifeboat similar to the second shot of CB E215.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212767&d=1321655020

attachment.php?attachmentid=212731&d=1321624177

Edited by robtulipe

I need some help in deciding for an upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Only choices left that interest me are these two E422 or E424

Any pics or advice?

Thanks!

IMO cabin E422 is the better choice because it has a view around the front end of a lifeboat similar to the first shot whereas E424 view is over the top of a lifeboat similar to the second shot of CB E215.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212767&d=1321655020

attachment.php?attachmentid=212731&d=1321624177

You could also look at the website and compare the following cabin #.

E211-E212-E309-E312-E321-E324

They have a similar view as 422.

Theo

You could also look at the website and compare the following cabin #.

E211-E212-E309-E312-E321-E324

They have a similar view as 422.

Theo

That first shot was a view I had from CB E211 that I flipped horizontally so it would more like the actual directly out view from E412.

Your shot of cabin E211 is towards the left and does show the slightly larger than the norm open space between the two lifeboats in this location. IMO, cabin E422 view towards the right will be over the high back end of the small rescue boat. The shot below is cropped from CB's starboard side so the rescue boat is on the opposite side so it will be to the left when viewed from the cabin.

[ATTACH]212815[/ATTACH]

Edited by robtulipe

Wow! You must have been an 'organizer' in your work life! :D

If this remark is direct to me the answer is "Not really".

I have lots of pictures from cruises that I've taken and seen on the internet.

Typically I just crop the area I want from a larger high resolution shot I have. For example the above shot was cropped from the far right side of the shot, shown below, of the outside area where our cabin was on our Golden Hawaii cruise last winter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212862&d=1321736108

Edited by robtulipe

That first shot was a view I had from CB E211 that I flipped horizontally so it would more like the actual directly out view from E412.

Your shot of cabin E211 is towards the left and does show the slightly larger than the norm open space between the two lifeboats in this location. IMO, cabin E422 view towards the right will be over the high back end of the small rescue boat. The shot below is cropped from CB's starboard side so the rescue boat is on the opposite side so it will be to the left when viewed from the cabin.

[ATTACH]212815[/ATTACH]

Thanks for explaining. I recently figured out how to make mirror images from existing pictures and will try to include them on my website.

Theo

Robtulipe which ship are you discussing here?

The Caribbean Princess in response to the post below.

Any pics or advice?

Thanks!

Theo, Here are some shots of the view from Sapphire C106. This cabin along with C109 were regular balconies before a support for the bridge was installed on each side of these ships. Since the lower mount for the support is in the space that was the balcony these cabins now have a window and are Cat. FF obstructed OV cabins.

PC270004.jpg

PC270005.jpg

PC300030.jpg

More shots are at http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=7331

Edited by robtulipe

Thank you, Renmar. Great job.

Does anyone have a picture of Cabin E612 on the Coral/Island? TIA.

I don't have many pictures of the Coral or Island but looking at the layout you might have something like this for a view. This picture is of E219 of the Emerald and it looks like it is about in the same location just behind a life boat.

Please take a picture when you on the Coral and send it to me for my collection. Have a nice cruise.

Theo

E219.jpg?height=300&width=400

I don't have many pictures of the Coral or Island but looking at the layout you might have something like this for a view. This picture is of E219 of the Emerald and it looks like it is about in the same location just behind a life boat.

Please take a picture when you on the Coral and send it to me for my collection. Have a nice cruise.

Theo

E219.jpg?height=300&width=400

Thanks, Theo,

I'll definitely send you a picture after our cruise.