No Kids in CL but Adults at DreamWorks Breakfast & Getting Face-Painting??

If RCCL has no restrictions on who can attend these breakfasts or the number of times a passenger can attend, then it is not open for discussion. This is the current RCCL policy, like it or not, it is first come first booked. End of discussion.

MARAPRINCE

Just because you're a TA does not mean you have the answers. Have you actually cruised on an Oasis class ship? Have you experienced this first hand? By the way, it doesn't take much to become a TA today. Just about anyone can take a course and call themselves a TA. One reason that I book on my own.

Not sure what the above comment has to do with this thread? Have we come to attacking professions now? I like the advice given by another poster. Nothing you can do about this situation. Take it up with RCI instead of getting personally insulting. Having never sailed on Oasis class ships, apparently I don't have the privilege of posting my opinion :rolleyes:

Just because you're a TA does not mean you have the answers. Have you actually cruised on an Oasis class ship? Have you experienced this first hand? By the way, it doesn't take much to become a TA today. Just about anyone can take a course and call themselves a TA. One reason that I book on my own.

Not sure what the above comment has to do with this thread? Have we come to attacking professions now? I like the advice given by another poster. Nothing you can do about this situation. Take it up with RCI instead of getting personally insulting. Having never sailed on Oasis class ships, apparently I don't have the privilege of posting my opinion :rolleyes:

Edited by BonTXNY

If RCCL has no restrictions on who can attend these breakfasts or the number of times a passenger can attend, then it is not open for discussion. This is the current RCCL policy, like it or not, it is first come first booked. End of discussion.

MARAPRINCE

Adults can book and do, but they should know that the breakfasts aren't their only opportunity to interact with the DreamWorks characters. At least on Freedom, they offered some later evening options that are not ideal for kids but are great for adults. So you don't have to book all 3 breakfasts to get a photo with the characters at some point during the cruise.

Agree with you (twice). Careful or you will be accused of being a bully.:rolleyes:

Going back to the OP, it was not about can adults without kids take up space in "kids" programs , but should they.

Especially multiple times. Yes, yes they can. It's not against the rules. Got it. Really, I understand.

So what. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

MARAPRINCE

ROTFLMAO!!!

If any policy set by RCI would ever end any discussion it would be the end of CC:rolleyes:

It actually makes me a little sad.. I'm unable to have kids... and I would love to attend. I guess I'm only allowed to enjoy that stuff if I was able too... at least to many here.

I'm in the same situation. Thats why I think folks saying you dont care about children, you dont like children are coming very close to name calling to make their points. They dont know its true, just hurling insults to make their point.

So far the only person able to reserve 3 dates was the CC host in the UK. So people throwing out comments as if everyone is able and is doing this, again based only on the CC host in the UK.

The characters have all kinds of photo ops printed in the daily fun times. There were so many times you could see them. I saw the character all over the ship without lines, just could walk up to them.

Tell you what.. next month I will make a special effort to see how many times they are allowing walk ins into this breakfast and how many they turn away. what we need is some facts to show that this character breakfast, anyone can walk up and get in if they have a mind to. I bet every day they have walk ins allowed on my next cruise. But I will be sure and ask someone. Lets get some facts so people quit acting like there are people with kids who are being turned away that couldnt get in if they did the walk in. We had lots more tables I think available the one time I did it. I think there are people jumping to the conclusion people cant get in. Lets find out ok?

Settle this once and for all.

I would like to know why the character breakfasts are capacity controlled to begin with.

The dining room on the Oasis can hold 2700 +/- passengers at a single seating.

Other than the characters showing up, what is different than a normal breakfast?

I would like to know why the character breakfasts are capacity controlled to begin with.

The dining room on the Oasis can hold 2700 +/- passengers at a single seating.

Other than the characters showing up, what is different than a normal breakfast?

It would probably be difficult for a limited amount of characters to make the rounds if the room was full (people like to pose with the characters for pictures).

Edited by marci22

We had to make reservations ahead of time. I am happy I have kids so I had an excuse to go to the breakfast. :D I think I enjoyed it more than they did. :p We went to the first one (Tuesday a.m.) but they also had them on Friday and Saturday a.m. There is a special menu for the Dreamworks breakfast.

There were lots of empty tables so I suspect lots more could have come to the one I went to.

I honestly think a lot of the comments are judgemental and exceedingly rude. I cant believe people think its ok to say if you go you dont care about children. Maybe these folks just dont know how they sound is all I can think.

Saying only adults that have managed to have children deserve to go? How judgemental is that?

Just because Im seriously pissed off, I will make sure to get facts on this, how many walk ins they typically can handle and how many they turn away on average.

I honestly think a lot of the comments are judgemental and exceedingly rude. I cant believe people think its ok to say if you go you dont care about children. Maybe these folks just dont know how they sound is all I can think.

Saying only adults that have managed to have children deserve to go? How judgemental is that?

..........I can't imagine that!.....just like I can't imagine people say paying suite customers who are children can't use the CL...........How judgemental!!!!........pot and kettle.....;)

Specialty dining reservations just opened up for my cruise today... and you can in fact reserve all 3 of them if you want to on the Oasis. I booked one for my birthday (Feb 5th) and then another for the 8th. It might offend many of you that I booked 2 of them but one of them is after all my birthday so I won't feel bad about wanting to start out my day with King Julien.

Specialty dining reservations just opened up for my cruise today... and you can in fact reserve all 3 of them if you want to on the Oasis. I booked one for my birthday (Feb 5th) and then another for the 8th. It might offend many of you that I booked 2 of them but one of them is after all my birthday so I won't feel bad about wanting to start out my day with King Julien.

Is this the big 1 0? :).

Well, I hope you have a very happy birthday with king julian (whoever that is).

He likes to Move It Move It *giggles*

King-Julian-king-julian-3791719-360-269.jpg

Yes, I am just a big kid even at the age of 42 and I'm not ashamed of it.

And thank you for the well wishes. :)

Edited by sherilyn70

There were lots of empty tables so I suspect lots more could have come to the one I went to.

Just because Im seriously pissed off, I will make sure to get facts on this, how many walk ins they typically can handle and how many they turn away on average.

When we went on the freedom we had to wait for them to call room numbers. I was standing next to a husband, wife and two kids. She didn't realize she needed to make reservations. They allowed her it without having prebooked. Point being I think people make it out to be more than it really is just because one poster is angry.

We had four adults no kids and we enjoyed it and if I sail another ship with Dreamworks I would probably book it again.

It is a first come first serve system. Disney works the same way. I have lived in central Florida my whole life. Been to Disney more times than I could ever begin to count. There is a restaurant in the castle that I have never been to. It is always booked months in advance. They allow advance reservations 90 days out and 10 days earlier for resort guests. Because we are local we don't plan in advance enough to get reservations, most times waiting till the day of to decide to go. Should I write a letter to Disney that their system is unfair because in 32 years I haven't been able to get a reservation at this particular place? Of course not. I would plan it out if it was something I didn't want to miss.

Edited by BeachChik

Nope... Not in the minority at all. Could care less about these characters. When my kids were little and wanted to go to these kinds of things, yes....I took them. Now? We've grown up a bit since then. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that. When the kid in someone dies I always feel a little sad for them. The kid in me will never die. Losing that has nothing to do with growing up; I have a great career, house, income, husband and kids and am one of the most responsible people that you'll ever meet. But I still love Dreamworks and it's characters and having fun. I just know their place and time in my life and have lots of fun when I'm not having to work and be 100% serious.