Crying kids on Disney Ships?

MissTraveler08

Reminds me of the time (long ago) at a large family gathering. The large group next to ours had many disruptive kids, my then 15 year old daughter, stood up, turned around and very boldly said, "Is there an adult in this group who can explain to the children sitting behind me that their behavior is unacceptable in a restaurant?" She was applauded by several other tables near this group.

Love it.

I didnt think they were many kids ;we went May of 2011

on The Disney Dream

Probably more in Summer cruises

Disney is an Upscale cruise so expect a well behaved crowd and this includes the kids!

Its big bucks for Disney so expect a great time

The Shows are so good; Broadway + quality

and off course the characters are everywhere

If you have kid

Fireworks what a cool thing and the Aqua Duck - especially at night is a rush!!

Cant wait to do again!

Hopefully in 2012

I'm not sure that "upscale" has anything to do with it. I think that DCL does a better job of segregating kids and adults, and seems to have more options to keep kids entertained so they don't get disruptive.

I have been on the Majic twice, and returning in Dec. The staff are great, and if kids get loud at dinner they distract them very well with little tricks.

Most families want to have a good time together and they are not a problem. Parents help other parents if they find a kid wandering or in the tot pool I have seen other moms upright a tipsy infant - kids are so distracted they do not even notice it is not mom. There are no kids in the adult area except walking through to the elevators. Usually less little ones at late dinner. Yes, there are more kids than on some other ships, but I enjoy watching their happy faces when they see Mickey & Friends!

I have had more problem on other cruises when kids use the adult only pool. And with adults that have had a little too much.......

You can sometimes hear people in the hall in the older ship - not sure of the newer ones, but, I find that on all cruise lines with older ships. Newer ships seem to have a better seal on the door to keep that noise out.

Do not go expecting to find trouble, and you will enjoy the time on board and at the ports!

Its not the little kids that bother me, it's those darn Teens... :mad: The adolescent mating rituals, the acting stupid and thinking is cool, roving around in packs...

Frack, I am turning into a grumpy old man.... :eek:

:D:D:D...dag nab it...you whiper-snappers off my lawn.......:D

My DH and I are older and have been on two Disney Magic Cruises in the past couple of years. On our first cruise it was great! Most of the children were in the kids clubs and those who weren't were for the most part very well behaved. Parents seemed to accept responsibility for their offspring. We had late dinner seating and the children were mostly older. I think the families with younger children chose the earlier seating. There were many adult only areas we could enjoy. However, like I said the children were really not bothersome at all. In fact, I complimented one Dad on the very polite behavior of his girl around 5 or 6.

The second cruise was totally different. The children were little monsters with little or no supervision. They would run through the dining room, one time a waiter was almost knocked down and through the halls all hours banging on doors. It was like a free for all with the parents either not around or sitting and watching their cute little darlings who could do no wrong. Almost no one seemed to be in the kids club. I asked a rep from the club why and was told that they had to ban several children because they were so disruptive. I don't know what the problem was but the two cruises were different as day and night.

I asked a rep from the club why and was told that they had to ban several children because they were so disruptive.

I'm sorry both of your cruises weren't like the first one! Your post got me to thinking, though, because one child was also banned from the kids' club on my most recent cruise. I'm going to generalize here, but it would seem to me that the kind of kids who are so disruptive they actually cannot be allowed in a supervised environment like that probably have parents who aren't raising them with the love, attention, and discipline they need. That means they're exactly the kids whose parents will leave them now COMPLETELY unsupervised and just don't care. If you have many of those kids on a single cruise, I can see how they'd all end up together causing more and more trouble.

Iceman,

:) Dude, they were just expressing their "Individuality"... :)You need to let them grow and find their own personality... :)

Just so they can grow up to be pretentious little brats who think they deserve everything with out having to work for it, and as long as they have theirs, the heck with everyone else... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Iceman,

:) Dude, they were just expressing their "Individuality"... :)You need to let them grow and find their own personality... :)

Just so they can grow up to be pretentious little brats who think they deserve everything with out having to work for it, and as long as they have theirs, the heck with everyone else... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Next we'll have "Occupy Kid's Clubs" on board...

Archived