9 Days on the Carnival Spirit -- October 7th to 16th

iggy's mom

When we awoke on Sunday it was still dark outside and we were not yet docked. By the time we went up to the Lido for breakfast we were docked and the Disney Wonder was just starting to dock.

We left our cabin with our luggage at about 7am and we to hang out in the Fountain Cafe area for the CD to call our deck to debark. Shortly after arriving in the Cafe area, Marcello the ACD came through and stated that anyone doing self debark could go ahead and go to Customs regardless of their deck number.

Customs is done on the ship and then there's one last "ding" off of the ship. After navigating the suitcases down a big escalator and handing our Customs form to a stern looking gentelman, we were in our car and on our way home. From standing in line at Customs to getting to the car was less than 20 minutes and we were home by 8:30. This was the easiest debark I have ever done on any ship in any port.

We had a wonderful vacation and really enjoyed all of our time on the Carnival Spirit! I would love to cruise on her one more time before she leaves for Australia.

I want to thank everyone for reading and commenting on my review. :)

Last sunset on day #9

f8cf0412.jpg

We were on this cruise also. We had a great time but found things different than the reviewer -- and that's the way life is!

We thought the new menu was bad -- but would not stop us from cruising with Carnival again.

We hated the juggler but thought the hypnotist "was" hilarious (met a fellow cruiser on the ship that had been hypnotized on one of these shows a few years ago and she swears she can't remember a thing!). Thought the main singers in the show (2 male, 2 female) were not good at all but really, really enjoyed Dana singing with the live band. Didn't like Jazz Hot at all but then maybe I've been on too many cruises and am "showed" out!

Didn't do any trivia games and it's a good thing I didn't cause i'ggys moms' husband would have beat us anyway (lol). We stink at trivia!

We did the Behind the Fun tour (which husband didn't want to do at first) and really enjoyed that. Husband's been running around telling all the he was on the bridge with the captain so ha, ha! A great tour -- but only have to do it once, I think.

The new menu -- and a commerial on TV -- has made my husband tell me to look into the new Norweigan ships. I can do that!

All in all a great time on the Spirit. Will be back with Carnival again -- just won't expect the menu to be as in the past and adjust my expectation accordingly.

We were on this cruise also. We had a great time but found things different than the reviewer -- and that's the way life is!

We thought the new menu was bad -- but would not stop us from cruising with Carnival again.

We hated the juggler but thought the hypnotist "was" hilarious (met a fellow cruiser on the ship that had been hypnotized on one of these shows a few years ago and she swears she can't remember a thing!). Thought the main singers in the show (2 male, 2 female) were not good at all but really, really enjoyed Dana singing with the live band. Didn't like Jazz Hot at all but then maybe I've been on too many cruises and am "showed" out!

Didn't do any trivia games and it's a good thing I didn't cause i'ggys moms' husband would have beat us anyway (lol). We stink at trivia!

We did the Behind the Fun tour (which husband didn't want to do at first) and really enjoyed that. Husband's been running around telling all the he was on the bridge with the captain so ha, ha! A great tour -- but only have to do it once, I think.

The new menu -- and a commerial on TV -- has made my husband tell me to look into the new Norweigan ships. I can do that!

All in all a great time on the Spirit. Will be back with Carnival again -- just won't expect the menu to be as in the past and adjust my expectation accordingly.

I agree about the Behind the Fun tour. I really enjoyed it (did it on the Dream) and thought it was a great tour, however I don't think I will do it again.

I was on this cruise as well. We enjoyed Dana & the comedians, but found it a very subdued crowd on this ship. Maybe it's because we are used to cruising from Florida where people are ready to party. Both the cruise director (Sparkles) & the Karaoke guy (Estee) were more annoying than entertaining. Mike the shopping guy was a great people person. We did notice a decline in the food but for the price you can't beat Carnival. The steakhouse was great though.

We were also on this cruise. This was our first Carnival cruise and we enjoyed ourselves immensly. Hubby and I weren't impressed with the food at the buffet. Our opinion is that they should have more choices and different foods everyday. We found the buffet wasthe same everyday and the times to eat weren't that great either so we chose to have room service. We only ate at the MDR twice because we were uncomfortble with the people they sat us with...

Other than that, we had a blast and will sail with Carnival again in the near future.

Is Sparkles name Lesley Grey? I'm on the Spirit Dec 2 and it shows Lesley getting off the ship 11/13 with Stuart Dunn getting back on~ and from the sound of it~ that's a good thing! lol~

Great review~ Loved seeing all the pictures of the Spirit!!

Thank you!

Yes, Lesley Grey is Sparkles. We had Stuart Dunn as a CD last year when we were on the Spirit in Alaska & we really liked him.

is sparkles name lesley grey? I'm on the spirit dec 2 and it shows lesley getting off the ship 11/13 with stuart dunn getting back on~ and from the sound of it~ that's a good thing! Lol~

great review~ loved seeing all the pictures of the spirit!!

omg

We were also on this cruise. This was our first Carnival cruise and we enjoyed ourselves immensly. Hubby and I weren't impressed with the food at the buffet. Our opinion is that they should have more choices and different foods everyday. We found the buffet wasthe same everyday and the times to eat weren't that great either so we chose to have room service. We only ate at the MDR twice because we were uncomfortble with the people they sat us with...

Other than that, we had a blast and will sail with Carnival again in the near future.

Stephanie, just remember that if you are uncomfortable with your table mates you can always ask for a change in your table. I know that they will try to accomodate you whenever possible. Don't feel you have to stay and eat in your room!

Stephanie, just remember that if you are uncomfortable with your table mates you can always ask for a change in your table. I know that they will try to accomodate you whenever possible. Don't feel you have to stay and eat in your room!

I actully didn't know that. This was our second cruise and because we didn't have this issue on RCL (we sailed with our best friends) I didn't even think of that. I will be sure to remember that though if we run into the issue again. I don't mind sitting with other people but these people didn't really speak to us however they would speak to the other people at the table even though they didn't know them...

Thanks for the advice!!

Did you happen to eat in thr buffet on formal night? I was wondering if they had ribs up there - figured if they did I could get a sample without ruining formal clothes.

Was your original embarkation time 4:00 PM. I see you were delayed to 5:30 PM, just curious what your original time was. Thanks for the great Review!

Thanks! Yes, I do believe the ship was to leave San Pedro at 4pm but we did not leave until around 5:30 due to the late arrival of the Spirit that morning.

Archived