Any Jova damage?

Flick

No worries, the closest the stome came to Manzanillo was about 500 miles.

Reuters indicated there was widespread flooding and deaths from mudslides in and around Manzanillo.

Hmmm I don´t get US news report but I just asked a friend who lives in Manzanillo and got to Cabo over the weekend...no rains from Jova because it was too far away. They did get some rain from the other couple of storms running around down there last week but nothing unusual, no damage, no deaths. They do get alot of rain this time of year and he said what they got over the past 10 days was normal. He said the surf was great, the beaches looked fine and the streets always flood as it does in Cozumel.

Hmmm I don´t get US news report

That would be the same US news media that would have everyone believing the entire country of Mexico is run by Drug Lords. Can't always believe everything you hear on the news.:rolleyes:

That would be the same US news media that would have everyone believing the entire country of Mexico is run by Drug Lords. Can't always believe everything you hear on the news.:rolleyes:

LOL there was a quite the thread running on the PV Trip Advisor thread regarding the amount of damage that the storm was causing.....some of the posters who were in the States or out of the area of PV were convinced PV was being hit hard because that was what their news was telling them.....the DE's who live in PV were saying that actually they only had some light wind and rain....a few posters living out of Mexico were convinced that the people living in PV were concealing the real truth.

It was too funny in a sad sort of way.

LOL there was a quite the thread running on the PV Trip Advisor thread regarding the amount of damage that the storm was causing.....some of the posters who were in the States or out of the area of PV were convinced PV was being hit hard because that was what their news was telling them.....the DE's who live in PV were saying that actually they only had some light wind and rain....a few posters living out of Mexico were convinced that the people living in PV were concealing the real truth.

It was too funny in a sad sort of way.

LOL I agree but they do that on other forums as well...I saw some video of Manzanilla and they looked to have gotten it pretty good,,,

LOL I agree but they do that on other forums as well...I saw some video of Manzanilla and they looked to have gotten it pretty good,,,

Hey you :) I feel badly for the people of Manzanillo :(......and yes sadly Mexico forums do get a lot of posters who are not there posting about how bad it is.

Enjoy your trip to *my* beloved PV :)

The people who wrote info on the Manzanillo forum were IN Manzanillo when they reported about bridges out,mud , and the 2 deaths.

I do not think they were making it up!

Which is why I feel badly for them :(......I didn't mean to imply the damage was less then what the actual peeps in Manzanillo were saying.....just that the USA and Cand media usually tends to make it sound worse then it really is <----in any situation.

We were in Nuevo during Hurricane Rick.....lots of high waves, wind and rain, while we were totally safe it was a incredible forceful sight to see but the next day the emails we had from concerned friends and family back in Canada who read or watched on TV about HR was mind blowing.

We have a home in Manzanillo (which is a different city than Manzanilla). We aren't there now but will be going in November for the winter months. While we had no damage there are about 1,000 homes in the state that were wiped out, others that were filled with muddy flood water. The airport is currently closed as the roads leading to it are washed out. About 80% of the produce (bananas, mangoes, limes) is also gone.

This hurricane didn't get much coverage in the US, we are too busy Keeping Up with the Kardashians to report on it. (Yes, GMA had the Kardahshians on but didnt have 2 minutes for Jova)

Clean up is underway- they aren't sitting and waiting for help, I would imagine things will be cleaned up pretty well in the tourist areas fairly quickly but the villages will be hurting for quite awhile. Please go and spend some money- they need it!

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-14/americas/world_americas_tropical-weather_1_villages-aid-trucks-manzanillo?_s=PM:AMERICAS

Archived