How is the weather

FOXYDEBBY

I would say pack some of each. It has been cold when we embarked, only to be warm in port. That time of year it can be a little chilly on deck, but get pretty warm while in port and especially when touring. Always bring a light jacket as the weather can turn pretty quickly. My DS loves his zip off pants, they do double duty and can be pants or shorts. jeans are a nice versitile item and can be worn with a tank/tee or sweatshirt, bring just a couple, no one will notice that you wear them more than once if you have too.

They say we are in for a cold winter. Course, that makes most northerners crack up. We have had our first cool front today, sort of. The problem with Florida cold is that is still humid and the cold cuts right through you. Also, if it is windy you will feel it even more. I would bring jeans and socks with sneakers as well as a hoody. It can get quite cool up on deck even in November if a cold front is coming through. It should be ok once you are in the Caribbean, but as mentioned above the ship is always cold so a sweater should be taken to dinner and shows. Hope this helps. We are going out of port canaveral for thanksgiving which is five hours north of us so I'm considering mittens! Haha! Have a great cruise!!!

LOL. I just moved recently to Florida (wpb area) from Philadelphia. When Floridians say its cold I just have to laugh. I used to go out in 40 degrees with just a hoodie because I hated wearing winter jackets. I love the weather here. It was humid in the summer up north too in the summer (not the winters). Thanks for all the input. Good luck with those mittens neuro queen ;). My mom lives near Port Canavaral and she did buy mittens last year :eek:. She is coming with us on our cruise over Thanksgiving out of Miami.

Penguinlife, thanks for the info. I don't mind rain. Went to Thailand in the rainy season and didn't melt yet (although my husband thinks all witches melt with water lol ). And it rained al little everyday for a month in Florida where I live. Rain is ok. I can have fun without getting off the ship. I am one of those boring trivia people!! LOVE it!!

Ya all have wonderful cruises!!!!:D

We love cruising in November, but I think it's hard to predict. According to our friends in FL, the past few winters have been unusually cool. I'm laughing at some of the comments on this thread about how FL define "cold"...as last time we cruised in November, the week after Thanksgiving, we were walking around in capris and hoodies and (no lie) the locals had on WINTER COATS and stocking caps, lol.

We were fine on our cruise itself, but a friend of mine cruised a week or two later and all of her pictures had them freezing and in long sweats and hoodies with the hoods pulled up through out the week.

Hmmm, we are cruising the Easter Caribbean the week before Thanksgiving and now I am wondering about the weather for San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas and HMC. I am a beach person and like it hot. I am hoping it is not cool.

This is what I looked up recently for our upcoming western caribbean cruise

Temperatures in Belize during November generally vary between an average high during the day of 82.0 degrees and an average low at night of 73.0 degrees

Roatan Weather Monthly Averages

November 84 avg high temp 75 avg low

Grand Cayman weather essentials

Monthly Averages

MonthyHigh Low

Nov 83°F 75°F

Cozumel Weather Records and Averages

High Low

November 83.0 °F 71.0 °F

LOL. I just moved recently to Florida (wpb area) from Philadelphia. When Floridians say its cold I just have to laugh. I used to go out in 40 degrees with just a hoodie because I hated wearing winter jackets. I love the weather here. It was humid in the summer up north too in the summer (not the winters). Thanks for all the input. Good luck with those mittens neuro queen ;). My mom lives near Port Canavaral and she did buy mittens last year :eek:. She is coming with us on our cruise over Thanksgiving out of Miami.

Penguinlife, thanks for the info. I don't mind rain. Went to Thailand in the rainy season and didn't melt yet (although my husband thinks all witches melt with water lol ). And it rained al little everyday for a month in Florida where I live. Rain is ok. I can have fun without getting off the ship. I am one of those boring trivia people!! LOVE it!!

Ya all have wonderful cruises!!!!:D

As a native Floridian I'm freezing when it's 70 outside!

Weather in Florid in November can be anything from warm to cold. I went in December and had to wear long pants and a jacket. The Northerners were in shorts. Down in the Caribbean it's nice.

Some places on the ship are chilly.

This is what I looked up recently for our upcoming western caribbean cruise

Temperatures in Belize during November generally vary between an average high during the day of 82.0 degrees and an average low at night of 73.0 degrees

Roatan Weather Monthly Averages

November 84 avg high temp 75 avg low

Grand Cayman weather essentials

Monthly Averages

MonthyHigh Low

Nov 83°F 75°F

Cozumel Weather Records and Averages

High Low

November 83.0 °F 71.0 °F

Geez, that looks real nice!!! Thank you!

As a native Floridian I'm freezing when it's 70 outside!

"Weather in Florid in November can be anything from warm to cold. I went in December and had to wear long pants and a jacket. The Northerners were in shorts. Down in the Caribbean it's nice."

My family moved down here last year. My son wore shorts and a hoodie to the bus stop every day while the other children had much heavier coats and jeans on. I had to laugh. They would be shocked at Philly winters then when our high for days would be 30. I like Florida weather just fine!!! I hope I never see snow again.

Archived