Formal Night

TriciaEMTB

I'm trying to decide if I should attend Formal Night. I have never dressed up for dinner before, I live a very casual lifestyle.

I am having trouble justifying spending money on a dress I may not wear again. I also would have to buy shoes, and bring along my flat iron. I also don't like lobster.

But I want to get the most out of my first cruise. I feel like formal night is part of the experience, but as I have never had a formal dinner before I'm not even sure if I would like it.

Sooo.. What are your thoughts on formal night?

do it!

if you like it, you can start checking out other fine dining establishments in your area, as well as other classy affairs.

start climbing the scale!

Husband and I went on our first cruise last year. Our Table consisted of us (first timers age 40-50), two couples who cruise often (50-60, 30-40) and a young couple (20-25) celebrating their first anniversary. On Elegant night, I wore a dress I had bought for a wedding, hubby wore dress shirt/slacks & tie, no jacket. Older couple wore khakis & polo shirts, newlyweds dressed in night-club attire and the last couple dressed up- she in a beautiful gown & he in a tux. I believe we covered the entire spectrum and no one looked or felt out of place.

• 4 weeks later...

An update,

I took the dive! The same dress I wanted before was on clearance for $20 at Avenue. Plus they had a 40% off sale for Veterans Day.

I got a dress and shoes for $36. I'm going to elegant night! I'm even budgeting money to buy an elegant night photo. :) Cant wait!

Archived