Silversea Culinary Trainer David Bilsland!

WinWin

There is a blog that I read regularly called 'From The Deck Chair.' Aaron Saunders, who writes it, is insightful and thoughtful. Today, that blog featured the Silversea Culinary Trainer, David Bilsland. I was thrilled to see it, as David is one of those unique personalities who makes Silversea cruises something extra-special - he is a fabulous chef, and a genuinely nice guy, to boot! Enjoy the nice kudos to both David and Silversea....

http://avidcruiser.com/ftdc/

Colonel Wes - I am sure she will enjoy David's programs! Do suggest that she (and you!) sign up for his Lunch and Learn program early on - I know that filled up quickly when we were on the Shadow earlier this year. His Knife Skills class is also fun, and is a sign-up event. Additionally, he usually also does a rendition of 'Iron Chef' with the onboard staff which is hilarious. Most of all, enjoy your cruise! Sounds like there are a lot of CC'ers on this segment, you're doing a crossing...sigh...we're envious! Have a fabulous time!!!!

WinWin, thanks for the cooking tips and crossing well wishes, Ida will sincerely appreciate them..once we board the Spirit Friday, I'll trudge off to do specialty restaurant rsvns, Ida will go sign up for David's programs. We know the Spirit well having sailed on the maiden crossing 22 months ago.

This is quite interesting, WinWin. I just toured on 3 land based Iron-Chef type groups where guests were paired with hotel chefs. It was some of the most fun I have EVER had. I guess now one has to look for these segmented cruises more and more. As I mentioned in the Wind review I just posted, our sailing had NO foodie demo or anything. Same with bridge (I don't play). On that sailing, people were literally going to lounges begging other guests to play and saying they had nobody to play with! I'd never seen that either. Maybe those people need to go for the bridge sailings they are now offering. I will be anxious to hear how Ida feels about it. I would love to be in there with her!

This is quite interesting, WinWin. I just toured on 3 land based Iron-Chef type groups where guests were paired with hotel chefs. It was some of the most fun I have EVER had. I guess now one has to look for these segmented cruises more and more. As I mentioned in the Wind review I just posted, our sailing had NO foodie demo or anything. Same with bridge (I don't play). On that sailing, people were literally going to lounges begging other guests to play and saying they had nobody to play with! I'd never seen that either. Maybe those people need to go for the bridge sailings they are now offering. I will be anxious to hear how Ida feels about it. I would love to be in there with her!

It's been my experience that on port intensive cruises there is no bridge because nobody's home.......

Archived