Blu and dining time-I'm so confused!

mspink98

Although I have nothing to back this up, I could have sworn that the last time I viewed our reservation we had select dining, which is what I thought we needed for AQ/Blu dining.

Today, we're listed in the 8:30 traditional dining slot, but traditional dining also has a note reading "For AquaClassSM stateroom guests onboard Solstice Class ships, Traditional Dining includes dining in Blu."

Do I need to switch back to select, or did they finally make it not matter for Blu? We're sailing with another couple (also AQ), so I want to make sure they make any needed updates also.

If you are sailing in Aquaclass it does not matter, you are assigned to Blu and you can dine whenever you like. They will on the first night ask you to go down at a particular time but that is only so they can spread out the first night crowds - thereafter, go as you please

They only give you an assigned time as a procedural thing, leave it the way it is. Blu is the dining room for AQ guests, it replaces the MDR. You can dine in Blu at anytime you wish, you do not have to do anything. Show up to eat, show your room key and you will be seated. This is something that Celebrity needs to correct, they have created a real fiasco with this.

When I booked AQ passage in 2010 on the Solstice I picked anytime but found that it pushed us to the MDR. After a bit of back and forth between the TA and X I got it switched to the later slot and had no issues eating in Blu at any time. When I booked our trip this year I selected the later time to avoid any issues.

It used to be that if you chose select dining then you were removed from Blu. That's not the case anymore. As was mentioned, you will receive a card in your stateroom asking you to come the first night at the time selected when you booked, i.e. 8:30 p.m. Thereafter you can go anytime you want during their dining hours. Also, FYI you can also dine in the MDR on a space available basis if you choose. Just check out the menus that are posted each day in front of the dining rooms and make your decision. The first night in Blu is normally filet mignon and the second formal night is lobster tail, so both nights excellent. Breakfast is also very good here. Enjoy!

Thank you all!! I was fairly sure I'd get a better answer here than from Celebrity, and I'm fairly sure I was right. I guess I haven't been paying attention that the "rules" changed and I don't need to be Select to be in Blu.

Eating shouldn't be this difficult! :D

Archived