Fare Increase on Pink Route Ferry Effective Nov. 1

njhorseman

Interesting article about a fare increase (doubling to $5) effective November 1.

While tourists don't normally use this route, you should note if you plan to use this ferry that the fare increase means the regular $4 tokens, as well as the bus/ferry tickets, will no longer be valid on this route (the article doesn't address the 1, 2 and 3 day passes typically used by tourists). Years ago, when we were on a ship docked in Hamilton, we actually took a Pink Route ferry ride as an inexpensive, leisurely sunset cruise around the harbor.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20111018/NEWS/710189929

• 4 months later...

ok...I was just browsing the Bermuda tourism site and see that they have increased the fare for the pink route....(doubled!)

Anyone been there lately?? What's the scoop??

Trying to map out our plans for this fall....I'm thinkin' Wed to Hamilton, Wed night back to Hamilton for Harbour Nights (so that 2 trips to Hamilton that day)....Thurs to St George....starting at the BAMZ at 9am then onto St George and spending the afternoon at Tobacco Bay...back to Dockyard/Ship by dinner time....and Friday, just hang around Dockyard...(I don't like to travel far from the ship on departure day)....

What's my best plan of attack? As far as getting the most 'bang for my buck'....Do we buy a 2 day pass and pay extra to go to St G??

I also see that routes #1, #3 & #6 are not part of the 'pink route'....and they do go to St George (and St Davids)....are they covered under the regular fare??

The Pink Route is a ferry. The #1, 3 and 6 (and everything else with a number) are buses.

There were no fare increases on any bus route, and the Pink Route is the only ferry that had its fare increased (and I think they partially rolled back the originally announced doubling).

As SBtS has said, tourists generally don't use the Pink Route anyway.

Archived