Just back from 5 wonderful days on Celebrity’s Millennium.

LibraByTheSea

Is the Aqua Spa Cafe for anyone? Free?

Anyone can use the AquaSpa Cafe, but not all items are free (smoothies, bottled water) unless you have the drink package that covers them.

Here are the menus:

http://www.beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Breakfast.pdf

http://www.beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Lunch.pdf

Oh THANKS for the menus -- Is it on Lido Deck or where?

Located on Deck 10 (Resort Deck). Same deck as the main buffet Ocean Cafe and Grill (Deck 10 aft). The AquaSpa Cafe is forward of the pool in the (Adults Only) Solarium (large glass roofed enclosure).

Looking aft towards Ocean Cafe and Grill

IMG_0449.JPG

Looking forward towards Solarium

IMG_3647.JPG

Inside Solarium

IMG_3454.JPG

More photos HERE on Ship Parade.

Thanks for straightening me out on the location!!! I know my daughters, daughter-in-law and granddaughters will especially like those menus. Maybe even a few of the guys!! LOL

Are the drink pkgs cover the smoothies there??

The smoothies are covered if you have at least the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package.

Keeping in mind that the AquaSpa Cafe is located within the 'Adults Only' Solarium I don't know how it works if kids want to eat there? Maybe someone else knows, but since there are other venues like the pool grill with hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, an the buffet with everything else it offers them other choices other than the (Adults Only) Solarium. I believe the age requirement is 18+ years old to use the Solarium and it's facilities.

• Administrators

I enjoyed reading your review and see that you are just back from your cruise...and we'd like to encourage you to submit your review for publication:

Go Here To Have Cruise Critic Publish Your Review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/index.cfm

Since you've already posted on the forum, you're ahead of the game! Simply copy -- then paste -- the text from here. Note that while submitting your review you'll be able to "rate" your ship and shore excursions. The results will be compiled in our Cruisers' Choice Poll, and you'll have contributed to our annual Cruisers' Choice Awards!

Every week we choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff and you may be featured on our weekly blog!

Tips and Hints for Submitting a Review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/tips.cfm

See Member Cruise Reviews of the Week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=734

View the 2011 Cruisers' Choice Awards: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm

Thanks!

Laura

Very nice review....

Just killing a few minutes before I take care of the last few packing chores for our cruise...FLL tonight X-Mille tomorrow! :D

The pics by the pool...where are the chair hogs? Wow...that will be a nice change.

Day 4

Up early and took a nice walk on the jogging track as we arrived in Grand Cayman. Gorgeous day but it got REALLY hot.

As usual started at the Cova. Today Diane joined me and we had the normal cappuccino’s and ended with the Viennese Coffee…Rum and Frangelica (I think) served in a wine class and topped with fresh whipped cream…to die for! Coupled with my almond croissant…a perfect start to the day! No other breakfast needed today

Headed up to the pool and it was perfect. By the time I got there, it was really HOT with no breeze. I grabbed a Kettle and OJ at the pool bar and settled in with a magazine. I tried the magazine on Day One but there was so much wind I gave up. Today...No Problem

Within minutes, I needed the pool. The pool was perfect…a bit chilly initially so you just had to walk down the stairs and Go for It! It was so refreshing. There were about 20-30 people total around the pool. Port days make the ship so relaxing. You get the feel of a private yacht ;-)

The music around the pool was sort of interesting. Not the typical Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley. It was kind of an easy listening mix played by the house band intermixed with what seemed like 15 minutes of the DJ spinning some more modern tunes. The atmosphere was very non intrusive like background music. Other ships are all about the music by the pool and it can overpower. Although I really missed my fav’s of “Three Little Birds & Margaritaville” it was very pleasant.

Had my third spa service scheduled for 1:15 so around 12:15 I switched to the T Pool for some pre-massage relaxation. Now I will share my take of the TPool. First, because it is indoors it can be very muggy in the Solarium…kind of heavy. It is the size of a swimming pool but the water is warm. When you get in you will notice about a half inch of salt on the floor of the pool. The salt makes you pretty buoyant. There are jets throughout the pool providing a hot tub environment…the whole pool bubbles. On two sides are seating areas made of metal tubes. I will tell you now, between the buoyancy and the curvature of the tube configuration…There is NO WAY to get in there gracefully! There are more metal tubes along the perimeter of the pool that extend up a couple feet and bend toward the pool…kind of like an upside down “J”. These are jets of water that feel wonderful when you stand under them and let them give your shoulders and upper back a pretty vigorous massage….loved the T Pool.

I headed to the spa for my “Poultice Massage”. Pretty relaxed already I was ready for more. This massage has small pouches filled with herbs, soaked in oils and steamed. The therapist rubbed my body with essential oils and then let the heat of the pouches work on my weary muscles….AMAZING! Not sure if I mentioned the therapy rooms have floor to ceiling glass with a view of the beautiful Caribbean water and the island in the distance. Perfect! I had the same issue with the charges not being reduced for the Port Day Discount/this person was a bit less cooperative. So watch your charges at the spa.

I thought I would grab lunch after but I was so relaxed…skipped lunch and I headed for my nap…Perfect as well.

I was up a bit earlier than I thought, so walked around the ship and got some photos while the ship was still pretty empty. Grabbed a frozen margarita at the aft bar and relaxed looking at all the beauty of the day.

Back to the cabin for a little TV to catch up on the world outside…Nothing Uplifting so I channel surfed. They have a feed of CBS and the showed several things commercial free. That meant you could watch an episode of 2 and ½ Men in under 20 minutes. No Brainer TV worked for a bit. Then it was a shower and head out to the show of Boogie Wonderland. Another very good show. Then up to my pre-dinner martini (s) with Diane. Met some new folks and had enjoyable conversation.

Dinner was just the four of us for tonight…we scared one couple away (we think there is a story but I can't share) and Kelly and Jim went to the Olympic. They told us the next evening their Anniversary Dinner was fabulous. Our Dinner Tonight: Escargot – Lobster Bisque – Caprese Salad – Cajun Rib eye and Crème Brule for dessert. The Rib eye wasn't the greatest cut...tasty but thin and a tad overcooked but not enough for me to send it back. I thought the Creme Brule was awesome but Kelly didn’t care for it the night she had it….food is so subjective.

Now is a good time to mention the Celebrity label wines are very nice. Give them a try.

I headed to the Platinum Club after dinner to see Cooler Kings…I really enjoyed them. They perform their music from their soul. Tonight there was a group of young women there. Obviously with a group and they were having their own kind of fun. They didn’t really include the entertainment…lol. But those girls wore great shoes and I am a definite shoe person so I was good. Hung around a bit and noticed another solo female and went to chat. Not the same friendship as I have found with Diane but a very sweet lady. I saw her each evening at the Platinum so I think she enjoyed the Cooler Kings too. I sat and chatted with Willie on the break. Really interesting guy and a great entertainer. I enjoyed a couple evening liquors and nite nite…

Promise to finish this tomorrow :cool:

Very nice review....

Just killing a few minutes before I take care of the last few packing chores for our cruise...FLL tonight X-Mille tomorrow! :D

The pics by the pool...where are the chair hogs? Wow...that will be a nice change.

Chair Hogs don't exist here. The staff enforces the policy and it seemed so did the passengers....NICE

Have a great time. You will definitely enjoy Millie. Post your review when you get back...It looks like we have started a Millie trend ;)

Day 5

I forgot to mention that Diane and I ventured up to Cosmos for the Liars Club after dinner. It was packed. We only stayed a little while. The only places to sit gave no view of the antics on the dance floor. Didn’t make sense to sit in a packed room if you didn’t see what was going on. I will say that they do a lot of the interactive shows in Cosmos. If you are into that type of thing…get there early to get a good seat.

Then I headed down to the Platinum Club

I slept in today. Woke up very relaxed and rested….Mission Accomplished!

Headed to the Cova…no pastries for me today. It is “SeaDay Brunch”. For those of you concerned about missing “Sunday” Brunch…just rethink it as “SeaDay” Brunch. I hear it is offered on all cruises…just not on a Port Day.

I read about it and was very curious. As you can see from my food wanderings, I am not the lover of the Buffet. I actually was wandering when they opened the door for the Kodak Moment photo op. I must say…This was spectacular…Both in the presentation and taste!!! Ice Carvings everywhere!! Unbelievable Food!! Diane and I started with a Bloody Mary…Vodka stored in an Ice Carving…garnished with a pickle, celery stalk, olive and a shrimp….Better than Perfect and served by our Martini Bartender!

I will try to give you my viewing: Cheese Table followed by a large table of every kind of cold cut imaginable; Bread Table and Condiments: Full Breakfast Buffet with eggs (scrambled & poached) Eggs Benedict; several meat options; Potatoes; Grits; Oatmeal and a variety of cereal; Sushi Table; Stir Fry Station; Full Lunch Buffet (too much food at this point I couldn’t even look…lol); Dessert Table flanked by white chocolate and dark chocolate fountains on each side with fruit and cakes for dipping. There was a Crepe Suzette station that Diane visited for me and added some of the white chocolate from the fountain….DECADENT!!! I think this experience took over 2 hours and was nothing short of amazing….don’t miss it!

After that feast, I could do nothing but get up on deck on grab a bit more sunshine. It was really hot again so I only stayed about an hour.

I took my last day walk around the ship to take it all in one more time. This is a very nice ship. Understated elegance with a bit of whimsy. You have an opportunity to observe it quietly and introspectively because I never found a crowd on this ship.

Watched a little TV, it was a busy news time…terror stuff and I can’t ignore these things. I then settled in for my last nap…L.

When I woke I up, I found plenty of time left to pack. I ran out to have a Margarita for the task and it made it painless. Once again I realized how much I had over packed…oh well!

Got cleaned up and headed to the Martini Bar where Diane had already arrived. She was a lucky one chosen for a group bridge tour and really enjoyed the opportunity. She introduced me to the other solo cruiser who had helped her get on the list. She was not as happy with her cruise experience so I immediately tuned her out…No Negativity at this point!

Dinner as always was lovely. My Dinner: Escargot – Lobster Bisque – Caesar Salad –New York Sirloin and Cinnamon Ice Cream. George had recommended the ice cream all week. There is an ice cream bar on the Lido in the Buffet but as a walked by I never found myself hungry enough to stop. He told us the Cinnamon was the best and here it was on our last night…hooray! It was really wonderful…so glad I was able to try it…Thanks George! I said my good byes to my fabulous dinner mates for the cruise. Tipped our staff who despite some hiccups made for a great cruise.

After dinner, I took a walk on the deck in the open air. I needed my last dose of sea air and the stars were beautiful tonight. Still a bit muggy though.

Down for the last evening of the Cooler Kings. Just caught the last couple of songs. Chatted with Willie for a bit. He put me in his I Pad but I still haven’t heard from him. Great Guy!

Leisurely stroll back to my home for the past five days and off to dream land. :cool:

Great review and bitter sweet that our armchair cruise is at an end. How quickly the time flew by! Makes me even sadder that my B2B will probably be over just as quickly.

Thanks again for your reports. Lots of great info and tips for those of us eagerly awaiting our turn on Celebrity Millennium

• 2 weeks later...

Libra by the Sea...thanks for your great cruise review!...your review is very different from mine. This was my first cruise-I travelled solo which I prefer- and I was all about the port trips and the entertainment. I enjoyed the spa too but not the pressure to buy the products. The food was not really a priority with me altho it was very good..I found sitting alone in the dining room was not the greatest and I was too shy to ask to be seated with others-so I took half my meals at the buffet. I had a balcony cabin in concierge class-9099- and spent a fair bit of time on the balcony relaxing..I really enjoyed my cabin and would book the same if I went again. I only went to the pool on the last sea day..I would have liked the cruise to be 7 days as I felt I didn't really start to relax till Day 3 :)...My 2 favourite things were the show Boogie Wonderland and my helicopter trip in Grand Cayman. I don't know if cruising is for me...but it was a great experience. Joanne

parking place name and cost. good or not so good?

Quote from OP in Post #1:

" This time, I found an offsite parking garage at half the price of the port parking. The shuttle was there when you parked and we were a couple blocks from the port. No Hassel! I will always use Premier Parking in Miami…it was great."

Details here at their website:

http://premierparkingusa.com/cruise-parking/port-of-miami

Archived