So if Carnival won't give us pins.....

TheGrandparents

....then we will just make our own!

Pinback.jpg

Ours are much harder to get!

You don't have to be a Platinum cruiser, in fact this could be your very first cruise.

You must join us and partake in a ritual that is best described on said button as we toast the Elation's inaugural sailing from NOLA.

From what I read, they are discontinuing the past guest pins. They will have them for sale in the gift shop.

On the Liberty, there wasn't one in my room, the Steward said, no more. I did get a Carnival Pen, though.

So I went to Guest Services, put on my poker face, and asked for one. He said they no longer give them out, but then went in the back room, and came over and said "You didn't get this from me", and snuck me a pin.

I emailed Carnival a couple months ago (read that here to do that), gave my past guest number, they sent me a pin they had for the ships I was on. Took them a couple weeks to find the stash they had.

Melanie

Carnival is giving out pins to the passengers that are entitled to receive them. I received two on my last cruise last month. A Platinum and one Elation pin. But I do like your pin.

cruised Liberty last month got nada. No Platinum, no ship pin.

Both my wife and I are Platinum.

Bill

That is one sweet looking pin ! ;)

My wife and I will be on the Elation with you guys Nov 5th.

When and where does the club meet ?

Verandah deck, random times.

Room door will be obviously marked in some yet undetermined fashion. If the doors are still magnetic, there will be some stuck on the door.

Just knock.

Pinback3.jpg

Pin back design subject to change at any time.

(door magnet or bottle opener may also be available)

A mini-suite/balcony room tour, free drink and a souvenir........how can you go wrong?

Perhaps it is just me, but I do not see what the big deal is about pins. I would not wear them and, to me, they are just another piece of junk. In fact, I won 3 pins on an HAL cruise last summer and did not even bother to briing them home, only to receive another one in the mail because it was my 5Th HAL so I had gone up a level.

Perhaps it is just me, but I do not see what the big deal is about pins. I would not wear them and, to me, they are just another piece of junk. In fact, I won 3 pins on an HAL cruise last summer and did not even bother to briing them home, only to receive another one in the mail because it was my 5Th HAL so I had gone up a level.

One person's junk is another person's treasure!;)

Verandah deck, random times.

Room door will be obviously marked in some yet undetermined fashion. If the doors are still magnetic, there will be some stuck on the door.

Just knock.

Pinback3.jpg

Pin back design subject to change at any time.

(door magnet or bottle opener may also be available)

A mini-suite/balcony room tour, free drink and a souvenir........how can you go wrong?

You can't go wrong !!

I'm a bit apprehensive about my room. This will be my first cruise in a room that does not have a balcony ! Or is not a suite. We tried to get a mini suite, but they we all gone when we booked. Every now and then one pops up that has an obstructed view, but damn, they are $900 vs the $379 I paid for a OV.

We will look for your door !

BTW, my company sells printed promotional products: pins, pens, mugs, t-shirts, totes, notebooks, etc., etc., if anyone ever needs anything. Minimums range from 25-100.

Carnival is giving out pins to the passengers that are entitled to receive them. I received two on my last cruise last month. A Platinum and one Elation pin. But I do like your pin.

Who is entitled to a pin? This will be our third cruise-so we obviously are not platinum. Is it just for platinum people or anyone who is a past guest?

....then we will just make our own!

Pinback.jpg

Ours are much harder to get!

You don't have to be a Platinum cruiser, in fact this could be your very first cruise.

You must join us and partake in a ritual that is best described on said button as we toast the Elation's inaugural sailing from NOLA.

Hahahaha, that is FANTASTIC!!!:D:p

One person's junk is another person's treasure!;)

Yup, yup, yup!

There really is no junk in the world, to us everything is recyclable.

Everybody likes free stuff, be it something as seemingly trivial as a pin, a drink or just a simple "Thank you".

I would not wear them and, to me, they are just another piece of junk. In fact, I won 3 pins on an HAL cruise last summer and did not even bother to bring them home
Yet had you bothered to bring them home I am positive that someone would have been very happy to have the pins for their collection.

A few years ago we went to Cancun. I brought back a few dozen cheap Cancun key chains for people at work. It was a riot watching them barter with each other to get different ones.

I look no gift horse in the mouth.

(i.e. when given a present I am grateful for my good fortune and do not look for more by examining it to assess its value)

These are some we did for our cruise in 2005......

5Pinbacks.jpg

Mostly magnet backed. We stuck them on the door and put a sign on it for people to take one.

Several actually knocked on the door and talked to us about it.

Met a few people and had a blast!

Who is entitled to a pin? This will be our third cruise-so we obviously are not platinum. Is it just for platinum people or anyone who is a past guest?

Not that long ago - maybe about a year or so ago - they changed them from "past guest" to "platinum guest".

But even at that there are many guest who are Platinum who report not getting any pins. I also hear that they now sell pins in the gift shop - but they are larger and not of the same quality as the old past guest pins.

Do you make the pins yourself or order them? I think they'd be great also to make for nametags, leaving a blank space to sharpie the name in!

We make them.

Pinbacks, patches, vinyl stickers.....

Chicago_2016.jpg

United_we_rock.jpg

Stickers1.jpg

If you need anything let us know and we will see what we can do.

No charge, always free.

We will trade for other pins, buttons, patches, whatever.

(never, ever for $$)

Not that long ago - maybe about a year or so ago - they changed them from "past guest" to "platinum guest".

But even at that there are many guest who are Platinum who report not getting any pins. I also hear that they now sell pins in the gift shop - but they are larger and not of the same quality as the old past guest pins.

Oh. We sailed on the Dream just over a year ago and we were past guest-no pin. I didn't even know about it. It must have already changed. I did like the ship, but they seemed kind of cheap about a few things. Like they charged for seasick pills. Maybe because there are so many passengers. Anyway thanks for the info.

From what I read, they are discontinuing the past guest pins. They will have them for sale in the gift shop.

On the Liberty, there wasn't one in my room, the Steward said, no more. I did get a Carnival Pen, though.

So I went to Guest Services, put on my poker face, and asked for one. He said they no longer give them out, but then went in the back room, and came over and said "You didn't get this from me", and snuck me a pin.

I emailed Carnival a couple months ago (read that here to do that), gave my past guest number, they sent me a pin they had for the ships I was on. Took them a couple weeks to find the stash they had.

Melanie

I've heard this a few times over the last couple of years but they have continued to give them to Platinum. Glad you got one.

The ones in the gift shop are VASTLY different. Larger and cheap looking.

• 4 weeks later...

glad to know you are the expert on this. but it sure seames that carnival isnt giving out the pins to all those that are entitled to them unless you are just talking about yourself being the one that is entitled to them

Archived