Would you pay more to eat in the MDR?

381 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay more to eat in the MDR?

• No
    • Yes $25 per week
    • Yes $30 per week
    • Yes $40 per week
    • Yes $50 or more

If CCL offered a basic cruise which was buffet dining only and had a MDR add on which allowed you to eat in the MDR with an enforced dress code,would you pay more and how much more? (based on a 7 night cruise)

Assuming that the same foods including lobster and Prime were available in the buffets and there was a mandatory service charge (tips) despite which eating option you chose.

Eating in the MDR is one of our favorite part of cruising. We will even eat there a couple times during the cruise for breakfast and lunch. If they started charging extra for it, I think we would need to look at a different cruise line.

I too would look for a new cruise line.

I think the MDR is an important part of a cruise - but not one that should be charged for using.

But what if they offered a Lido deck only cruise fare discount.

I agree what attracted me to cruising was the whole ambience of what's offered. Now that were in the middle of Cahill's down hill as they keep taking things away...lido deck discount may attract a few people. And don't anyone mention 2.0 we all know that program adds to CCL's bottom line.

I don't know but I really have to reverse this question in my head for it to make sense. Something along the lines of how much less would you expect to pay if the MDR was not available?

I mean we all know cruise prices fluctuate up and down so to think of paying more for someting I get already? Hard to imagine. But what if that 5 day bargain rate cruise I got for $250 was reduced to $200 but no MDR. What if that $800 balcony was reduced to $750? Still a good deal? So I dunno. I do know that I like the MDR and it tends to be a highlight of the cruise. So all in all I'd like to keep it and pay what I'm paying now.

:-)

My favorite one, the Pork Rib, I think is injection molded by the same packer that does the McRib. It's my favorite MRE, but I would skip the omelette ones...

MRE....Ribs......are you kidding? Dw and I are about to go out and the place were going has killer ribs....but now ..............I'll just man up!

I like your countdown clocks.

Honestly, that might be the point at which I quit cruising and go hang out at an all-inclusive on an island. The fact that I don't have to worry about finding safe food (GF) is a good part of the reason why I love cruising. I have not had good luck getting decent food at lunch on the Lido deck, and eat in the MDR every night.

Archived