Would you pay more to eat in the MDR?

381 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay more to eat in the MDR?

• No
    • Yes $25 per week
    • Yes $30 per week
    • Yes $40 per week
    • Yes $50 or more

If CCL offered a basic cruise which was buffet dining only and had a MDR add on which allowed you to eat in the MDR with an enforced dress code,would you pay more and how much more? (based on a 7 night cruise)

Assuming that the same foods including lobster and Prime were available in the buffets and there was a mandatory service charge (tips) despite which eating option you chose.

Yes I would provided they improved what they offer in the MDR. If its the food they offered on my last 3 carnival cruises then its an emphatic NO.

what the **** man??????? the MDR is included , the people that go to the buffet are not TRUE CRUISERS, they are white trash people that dont know how to sit down for a real meal.......please allow the dining room for the people that know how to have areal meal

Really???? another newbie troll! Everybody that eats the buffet is trash....wow and we wonder why the world is the way it is:(

No, I would not pay extra to eat dinner in the MDR. On our last cruise we were signed up for My Time Dining and it did not work out. At all. So it was the buffet for us and we actually enjoyed it. We'd never done the buffet for dinner before so it was a new experience.

what the **** man??????? the MDR is included , the people that go to the buffet are not TRUE CRUISERS, they are white trash people that dont know how to sit down for a real meal.......please allow the dining room for the people that know how to have areal meal

What room would I need to go to,to eat that I would not need to deal with TRASH mouths? Even you know that is not acceptable here by using those characters,yet you do so. I am sure if you started talking like that at a dinner table in the MDR where children are present,many will wish they ate at the buffet.

besides the fact that carnival has not even suggested it, had they done it, you would have no choice, regardless of a cruise critic poll.

Yes, we do. It's called RCCL, or all-inclusive resorts, or a week at the beach, or...

I take it the no's have it........Carnival beards will know now that we won't pay so no worries!;)

Yes the no's have it.:)

We have learned that the price of the cruise trumps what someone might wear to dinner.

As far as this scenario happening.....it already exists. Its called Easycruise. You pay for basics (cheap) and purchase your food on board.

OP, I hope you aren't doing market research for CCL:eek:. Another big NO:D

I hope you are not thinking you represent 'classy'? What an embarrassment.:rolleyes:

+1

Really???? another newbie troll! Everybody that eats the buffet is trash....wow and we wonder why the world is the way it is:(

+1 again

I guess I'm in the minority but I voted I would pay more. Saying that, I'd expect the food to be a step up from what it is and I'm even more interested in having the dress code enforced. I wish the MDR experience was a little more classy and special. That's why the Steakhouses are so popular~ people are willing to pay for that...... :)

I would go with a different cruise line. Easy. If they charged extra for MDR I would NOT pay to eat there. I booked the Steakhouse for one night, but honestly I'm not even sure if we are going to eat there... I had just heard great things about it. But if it was buffet only I wouldn't cruise with Carnival. I'd go with Princess or RCCL

A Big NO! The dining/food are already included in the price of the cruise. We eat in both the MDR and at the buffet, and enjoy each. We do pay extra for one night in the specialty restaurant. It's the quiet/romantic dinner, a little fancier food, and more personalized service.

We have done plenty of land based vacations in the past, and would be ready to do them again. If they started to charge for eating in the MDR it would probably be time to look for an AI in the Caribbean. Just my two cents (for my response, not to be paid toward eating in the MDR).

We wouldn't pay more to eat in there. I know I'm in the minority but we found some of the food to actually be better at the buffet. Chicken tenders are worlds better at the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanda........

I agree with you,,,,those

Chicken Tenders are soooo Gooood.......

I like to dip them in the melted cheese.....

I like to also make me up a BIG Salad

to eat with those Chicken Tenders.....

It's sort of a vague question. Pay more than what?

I tend to look for a 7 day cruise at about $500 per person base rate. This happens to include the MDR, of course. Next year, if the MDR is an additional charge, I'll be shopping for a cruise with $500 per person covering BOTH the cabin and the MDR. If they can still meet my price point, why would it matter whether the MDR fee has been split off?

If they keep the same rates, plus add an MDR fee, I might start comparing other cruise lines -- but so far Carnival is almost always the most competitive based on my requirements.

Archived