Dining table in Celebrity Suite on S Class

zelker

A few years ago, we stayed in a Celebrity Suite on the Connie and one of the wonderful things our butler did for us was to serve us dinner, course by course, in the suite. By looking at the photos, those suites on S Class ships don't appear to have the dining table and chairs that would accommodate having that same thing done unless they bring the table from the verandah inside ... or there's something I'm missing in the photos. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

We stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse in March. The suite and amenities were lovely. However, you're right, there is no dining table in the cabin. The only table actually inside the cabin is a good sized coffee table, plus a small, round side table. On the balcony there's a decent sized dining table. The only meal we ever ordered for in-suite dining was breakfast, which was the standard room service delivery by our butler. I believe he tried to offer us a table cloth, but we declined it. I'm not sure how the in-suite dining would work if dining inside, rather than on the balcony.

This is one of the problems with the S-Class Celebrity Suites. The other is that I understand that there is no curtain or blind to cut out the light into the bedroom. IMHO these are two major design faults with the suites.

Sue

I just discovered that the window goes into the bedroom on S Class vs into the bath on M Class. We're usually early risers so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue but I must admit those dark cave bedrooms were nice. Another thing I'd add to your list is the much smaller walk-in closet. On M Class, they are so big there is a dressing table with mirror and hair dryer in addition to all the hanging space on either side. And finally, the M Class living area is so much larger that is has a great computer desk area off to one side rather than what looks to be a tiny shelf-type desk by the bedroom door in S Class.

So although the addition of the balcony is nice, I don't know if I'll like it at the expense of these other things. Guess we'll see next year if we become S Class fans or remain true to the Connie and her sisters. :)

We had dinner in our CS, but had it on our balcony. Our Butler set the table up beautifully and served us course by course. We've also done the same in an S2 suite and our Butler did the same. It's lovely and relaxing. Enjoy. Susie

That's great to know we at least have that option. We're doing a Med cruise the first part of May so hopefully the weather will cooperate. It IS a nice perk, isn't it! BTW, we even invited our friends to dinner one evening and our butler served the four of us, course by course. We all thought we had died and gone to heaven. :D

I just discovered that the window goes into the bedroom on S Class vs into the bath on M Class. We're usually early risers so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue but I must admit those dark cave bedrooms were nice. Another thing I'd add to your list is the much smaller walk-in closet. On M Class, they are so big there is a dressing table with mirror and hair dryer in addition to all the hanging space on either side. And finally, the M Class living area is so much larger that is has a great computer desk area off to one side rather than what looks to be a tiny shelf-type desk by the bedroom door in S Class.

So although the addition of the balcony is nice, I don't know if I'll like it at the expense of these other things. Guess we'll see next year if we become S Class fans or remain true to the Connie and her sisters. :)

We would be reluctant to book on an S-Class ship unless we could afford a Royal Suite or above. We are splashing out for a Penthouse on Eclipse for a very special occasion in 2012 and perhaps we will revise our opinion after that.

Sue

Archived