Niara's not alone - I got bumped too.

Gentfinch

I was called a week ago to be told that it was the bus company who pulled out because they weren't getting enough people from WASHINGTON, DC (same bus as Niara's). I can't exactly take a cab or supershuttle from Washington. Instead, we are paying three times as much money for the train. The train is the only mode of transportation that we can RESERVE a seat (not the commerical bus lines).

Niara, I completely understand your frustration and anger of the way NCL is handling it. I don't see why they can't conjure up another bus service to take us to NYC. I feel they are truly responsible.

And shame on those nasty responses. Truly undeserved!

GF

OK, you guys are really scaring me. We have the Boston to NY bus booked for 4/25. We are paying for a non-refundable Limo to take us from NH to Boston. Should I call NCL to see if there is any posibility they may cancel our bus?
Cheryl

[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/ag00612_.gif[/img]
Carnival Inspiration 4/01
NCL Majesty 7/02
NCL Dawn 4/04

Guys

Call NCL and work your way up the chain of command complaining and don't let up until you get shipboard credit for railfare or at least the difference between the railfare and what you paid for the bus.

Rob

Regal Empress 7/97, Nordic Empress 10/97, Sensation 11/98, Paradise 11/99, Ecstasy 11/00, Norway 5/01, Triumph 11/01, Explorer of the Seas 9/02, Paradise 5/03, Victory 4/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rdabadie:
Call NCL and work your way up the chain of command complaining and don't let up until you get shipboard credit for railfare or at least the difference between the railfare and what you paid for the bus.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think getting the difference between the bus fare and anything extra you had to pay for alternate transportation is a good thing to ask for. Unfortunately, they probably won't reimburse you for your time or frustration. Good luck.

Cecilia

I can be contacted at [email]ladyndnver@aol.com[/email]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
My Wedding!

Cheryl, I would call them as soon as possible. I think this was a one time situation, but better to be safe than sorry.

NMNita

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

I have another suggestion. The US Maritime Commission maintains an office to mediate disputes between cruise lines and their customers here is the telephone number and e-mail address...

from the Federal Maritime commission website

"eliminate problems that have caused the delay or mishandling of shipments;
secure the recovery of funds improperly collected by industry entities;
ease difficulties experienced with the international movement of household goods;
communicate to cruise vessel operators the substance of consumer complaints arising from their services;
adjudicate small claims; and
mediate disputes.
Contact: Sandra L. Kusumoto (202) 523-5787; fax (202) 523 - 5830

e-mail: [email]sandrak@fmc.gov[/email]

Sandra L. Kusumoto, esq
Federal Maritime Commission
800 North Capitol Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20573

Let us know if they help!!!

I found this out when I researching a Jones Act issue(I was looking to see who actually imposes the fine and whether you can see what the fines were-I think its the USCG and the fines are public information but I can't find a database that has them) that was troubling me... and sometimes I just make things up [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] but not this time.

Gentfinch
just wondering when you are booked to sail from NYC?? We have 11 of us planning to take the bus from Baltimore to the crown on Aug 8th--who called you with the news of the change in bus plans??
Hope the train is a good alternative!!
Chris Mitchell

15 Voyages completed 1999-2004, 77 wonderful days at sea
dreaming of ....
Monarch of the Seas 4/04
Norwegian Crown 8/04

cmitch,

We're going this Sunday (4/18). NCL will probably have another bus company lined up when by August. I just only wish they had gotten another bus set up for next week.

By the way, it was my Travel Agent who informed me of the bus change (NCL called the TA).

For those taking Commercial Bus to NY from D.C. I have taken this many, many times and it is really a breeze. Trailways/Greyhound leaves every hour on the hour non-stop to the port authority. The bus ride takes about 4.5 hours. I tend to take the 6am bus from D.C. and yes I have encounterd times where some people didn't make their first choice of times. A couple of times they had two buses to going at the most popular times.

You can take a cab from the Port Authority to the pier which is about 10 blocks north and two blocks west of the (bus)port authority. I have actually rolled my lugagge to the pier-I'm a light packer.

04/04 Brilliance
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;04;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived