Eclipse dining room

late seating

Hello, We have an upcoming cruise on the Eclipse. We have just earned elite status and

understand we can request a specific table in the dining room. I am able to bring up a

deck plan for the dining room but not specific table numbers.

We would like to reserve/request a table for eight, in the middle of the dining room, lower

level (Plaza Deck). Can anyone recommend a table or tell us how we

can access a site that shows the table numbers?

Thanks,

Late Seating (Connie & Angelo)

Hello, We have an upcoming cruise on the Eclipse. We have just earned elite status and

understand we can request a specific table in the dining room. I am able to bring up a

deck plan for the dining room but not specific table numbers.

We would like to reserve/request a table for eight, in the middle of the dining room, lower

level (Plaza Deck). Can anyone recommend a table or tell us how we

can access a site that shows the table numbers?

Thanks,

Late Seating (Connie & Angelo)

I'm elite and have never heard of being able to pick a specific table in advance. I asked my TA to set us up with a table for 10 (for this upcoming cruise) on a specific level. It's in our records. When we board, we'll be heading to the dining room to verifiy that all in my group are at the same table and our requested location.

I've never seen a seating map, showing table numbers, for any of the S class ships. I have seen a map of one of the M class ships but that is not always accurate as they change the numbering system from time to time.

There is not policy that allows Elite members to request a specific table. We have made requests through our travel agent for a specific table location or a general location in the past but have a low success rate in getting these fulfilled properly. We've done better in requesting a specific size table (i.e. a table for eight) as this is part of their system but even these requests are not properly filled all the time.

If your seating location and/or table size is important then you should check in with the dining room staff ASAP after boarding to confirm your location and request changes if needed.

But in addition to making your general seating preference in the Dining Room known--either directly with Celebrity or through your Travel Agent [depending upon how you booked your cruise]--you should, if you and your traveling companions have not already done so, link your dining reservations via My Celebrity/Manage My Reservation... You will need the seven digit booking number for each person/party to do so...

I'm elite and have never heard of being able to pick a specific table in advance. I asked my TA to set us up with a table for 10 (for this upcoming cruise) on a specific level. It's in our records. When we board, we'll be heading to the dining room to verifiy that all in my group are at the same table and our requested location.

According to the web site it is not one of the perks of Elite, also never heard of it...

Thanks, you are right, it is not an elite member perk to request a specific table as I thought. But, January 2012 will be our third 2 week Caribbean cruise on the Connie. The previous cruises we have not been overly happy with our table assignments. So, we asked the asst. maitre'd for help. She said "the 2 best tables for eight are #453 & 446 and we should call our travel agent to make this request to X and ask for the request to be in writing" Did it and our booking confirmation lists under Guest information, Special

Services, we have made a special request for table # 453 or 446. We will see how effective this is in January.

Now, the Connie is no longer doing the January 14 day Caribbean but the Eclipse is. We are

already booked so we can get our desired cabin but will re-book on the upcoming cruise

for the onboard credit. Confusing?, probably but I hope not.

So, we made this request of the boards in hopes someone can suggest a good table number on the Eclipse for us to request.

Thanks, Connie (my wife not the ship) and Angelo

Archived