QM2 refit has already started

southwestie

QM2 has started ahead of time, today they are fitting new carpet in many cabins they are doing 4 at a time, letters have been sent to each cabin asking if they can fit the carpets during the day, this they said is be a head of everything.

carpets are a very darl brown/black with white swirls.

If I find out more I will let you all know

How exciting. I wonder if they have started on a certain deck and working their way up the ship. I can't wait to see the improvements of the refit. I sail in a few weeks so I am hoping I meet someone with the new carpets in their staterooms so I can take a sneak peak. Thanks for posting the update. Rob, are you currently on board and that is how you knew about this or do you have someone on board currently passing along the info? I am looking forward to reading any updates and hopefully someone currently sailing may add a post to this thread.

Ashley

Ps does anyone think they will change the bed linen to the same as the ones found on QV/QE? Also I hope they do something about those sofas in the Britannia class cabins, they look so old and worn in photos.. Bad choice choice of material I think. The ones on QE/QV look much better!

They choose 4 cabins at a time, they ask if they may change the carpets, if the passengers say,s no then it is left, the passenger has to consent, they remove everything and lay the new carpet, it is dont very fast and they move on, the carpet looks black to me, with white swirls, maybe dark brown though.

If i can I will try and take a photo if allowed.

I am told the reason is to be ahead on the refit, Cunard want a fast turn round.

all the cabins have the new flat screen TV now, bed lined is im afraid not changed yet, hope this happens on the refit

They are re-fitting the carpets at sea? Mid voyage??? :eek:

I am not sure I would be overly happy about that if I were in one of the cabins they wanted to do... :mad:

They dont make you , they ask you.

Last year they were changing TVs and mattresses mid voyage

If they change our cabin I will take a photo and post it on here

Not sure if it's correct about the flat screen TVs. We did the short 2 night Cherbourg run before the TA in a P2 and it was still the old black very large TV. I was amazed as I thought all of these had been removed.

I was told these had all been changed, so I can only go by what have tell me, I thought these had been changed before that sailing, however they will all have been done after the refit if as is happening before we get to southampton.

I was told these had all been changed, so I can only go by what have tell me, I thought these had been changed before that sailing, however they will all have been done after the refit if as is happening before we get to southampton.

Hi

Enjoying your updates. We will be boarding on Sunday for 25 days. Can you please arrange to have our cabin carpeted and make sure we have a new TV! Only kidding!

Enjoy the next two days and we will see you on board Monday at the M&G

Lorraine:)

Not sure if it's correct about the flat screen TVs. We did the short 2 night Cherbourg run before the TA in a P2 and it was still the old black very large TV. I was amazed as I thought all of these had been removed.

We had a flat screen TV in our A2 for the 20 September crossing. Maybe they are doing the P & Q grills last as they have more room in their cabins anyway!!:D

Hi

Enjoying your updates. We will be boarding on Sunday for 25 days. Can you please arrange to have our cabin carpeted and make sure we have a new TV! Only kidding!

Enjoy the next two days and we will see you on board Monday at the M&G

Lorraine:)

I will look for you :)

Sailed last April on QM2 in a deck 4 inside. Lumpy mattress, old TV, and no pile left in the carpet. A makeover was long overdue and I'm glad to hear the cabins are being upgraded.

The rest of the ship looked great except the spa pool in Canyon Ranch They had removed the art piece and the wood stand it was sitting on was completely rotted and moldy looking. Hopefully that is fixed by now too.

Ernie

The rest of the ship looked great except the spa pool in Canyon Ranch They had removed the art piece and the wood stand it was sitting on was completely rotted and moldy looking. Hopefully that is fixed by now too. Ernie

Ernie

If you mean the giant marble shell at the forward end of the pool, it was in place and looking pristine on my May '11 TA.

Very best wishes.

With all the negative publicity and bad public relations being generated by the re-flagging of the ships, I would question the "wisdom" of carrying out part of the re-fit while passengers are aboard.

What ARE they thinking? Are they even thinking?

It is not that unusual for carpet fitters to be on board and replace flooring during a cruise. I remember the whole of the carpet being replaced in the Horizon Court buffet on Sea Princess over a couple of nights a few years ago and there were fitters on the QV a few weeks ago.

Ernie

If you mean the giant marble shell at the forward end of the pool, it was in place and looking pristine on my May '11 TA.

Very best wishes.

Yes. That's the one. Glad it's looking like new again. It was a bit worse for wear last April.

Ernie

With all the negative publicity and bad public relations being generated by the re-flagging of the ships, I would question the "wisdom" of carrying out part of the re-fit while passengers are aboard.

What ARE they thinking? Are they even thinking?

Well, it seems to be working: people are talking about rugs rather than re-flagging. (I can't help but wonder if those rugs have that noxious "new carpet smell" - but then it couldn't be worse than the moldy old smell from the decomposing matting under the worn carpeting.)

Besides, the amount of time in dry dock was abbreviated at the same time the repairs required increased. Inconvenience to "guests"...well, "guests" shouldn't complain, should they?:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, they're thinking...

Archived