Conquest Aft Balcony question?

twostacys

We are looking to book an aft balcony on the Conquest. I can't find any specs. of the cabins. On the diagrams it appears that some balconies are larger than others. Also, I read that the aft balconies don't have sofas. Does anyone have any information on aft balconies?

The aft balconies are not much larger than the side balconies. Due to the designed slope in the aft they are a not as narrow as the ones on the sides of the ship though. This would translate to more foot-room. We have booked an aft wrap-around (6452)for our October '06 cruise on the Conquest which is quite a bit larger. There are some pics available if you do a search on www.webshots.com for "Conquest balcony".

Try this.... http://community.webshots.com/photo/137793753/137793753HibOwc

We had 6454 on the Conquest in '03. It was great. But here are a couple of things to watch for: Keep your eye out for soot from the stacks. It has a tendency to gather on your balcony and furniture. Just take a rag of some kind and wipe everything off - periodically - like before you lean on or sit on anything. Lady next door had on white shorts and didn't so.......6452 looks to be a wrap around balcony which is a quite a bit bigger than the standards. Room is above the disco so don't plan on going to sleep early. Boom Boom Boom.

We have 6454 beside Dan! :D We have booked up almost all of the AFT balconies on the Upper so it will be a great time!!!!! None of us are too worried about the sounds from the disco, since we'll be in there dancin! We'll be sure to post pics, but that is a LOOOOONG time from now! LOL!!!!

6452 is a cat 9 wraparound...

Thanks for all the information and pictures - What about in comparing aft balconies with other aft balconies? I realize that the wrap arounds and the "L" shaped ones are bigger. But in looking at the ship deck plans it looks a though certain decks have bigger balconies for the aft cabins.

With the angle of the aft, can anyone see in your balcony? With Princess certain decks were exposed.

Also, do the aft cabins still have the sofas?

Yes your neighbors can see you on your balcony if they just go out to the rail. Not hard. Also those aft cabins above can see you as well because of the angle on the back of the ship. Interesting as well (ref balconies looking bigger in pictures) our room for next cruise on Celebration is e217 and if you look at the picture it appears a little bigger than other rooms but Carnival PVP swears it is standard 185 sq ft. ????

I had a sofa in every one of my aft cabins.

Oh the balcony the only way you can see the people under you is if they were standing directly at the railing. You cant see much more in the balcony.

stacy... if you're worried about privacy you can see a little of the balcony from above but only the part by the rail if i remember correctly... you really have to lean out a good bit to see more (once again- if i remember correctly)... it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you are worried about someone casually being able to see you... also, you can look around the side but, once again, someone has to activly look to try and see you...

so, bottom line, i thought there was plenty of privacy so that you would not offend someone on the balcony next to or above you... unless they activly tried to see what you were doing... then it becomes their problem... :p

and the aft balcony IS a little bigger... it's deeper than the side ones...

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Hopefully 16 you will take pictures of that cabin.

What makes that cabin different is the set up= usually for oceanviews you walk in and see the window straight ahead. In your cabin the window will be to the right. It does look a tad bigger.

Did you pick this cabin or did it come as a guarantee?

Thanks for all the responses! Just in case others are wondering as well, I did find out from my TA that even though some balconies may appear larger in the Carnival deck plans, they are all about the same. With the exception of the "l" and "w" shapped cabins. They have a longer but not wider balcony. We decided to book 7439 for Conquest 12/4/05 sailing.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Hmmm, not sure if that is true on the Conquest (will find out when I have my AFT balcony on the 10/15/06 cruise!!!) But I do know for a fact that on the Miracle the AFT balconies were significantly bigger than the extended balconies... and have heard that it is the same for the AFT balconies on the Conquest... I can only hope!!!! We have just about completed booking the back row of AFT's and can't wait!!

GC- Did you see the extended balconies on the Miracle compared to the aft?? I will bet that the Conquest aft are a bit bigger. I was very surprised on the size of the balcony on he aft on the Miracle compared to the one on the Victory. The victory was a bit larger. So when I sailed the Miracle was kinda dissappointed int he smallness of that balcony.

Now I would like to know the difference between the extended balcony and the aft balcony?

GC- Did you see the extended balconies on the Miracle compared to the aft?? I will bet that the Conquest aft are a bit bigger. I was very surprised on the size of the balcony on he aft on the Miracle compared to the one on the Victory. The victory was a bit larger. So when I sailed the Miracle was kinda dissappointed int he smallness of that balcony.

Now I would like to know the difference between the extended balcony and the aft balcony?

Serene, yes... the AFT balconies were MUCH bigger than the Extended... they were no wider, but they were much deeper... I was a bit disappointed in our balcony, it really did not seem any bigger than the standard balconies...

Serene, yes... the AFT balconies were MUCH bigger than the Extended... they were no wider, but they were much deeper... I was a bit disappointed in our balcony, it really did not seem any bigger than the standard balconies...

GC, don't worry, I'll let you come play on my balcony !:D

GC, don't worry, I'll let you come play on my balcony !:D

You won't have a choice! I'll be next door and that door will be OPEN! LOL!!! I'll be holding your daughter hostage! :eek:

I'm already jealous of your balcony :( But I'm glad you guys got it! The wraparounds are SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!

you had an extended balcony then on the Miracle??

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578778xGRsek

there is a pic of the aft balcony. Wish I could find that aft picture on the Victry coz that balcony ws huge. I can imagine people that say they can put lounge chairs out here...where would they go?>

Stacy- I think thats an awesome choice. We picked cabin 7434 on the other side but on the Liberty.

What made you pick that cabin?

Our TA looked at this cabin before. She said it was a great layout w/ a longer balcony. She recommended it.

We had 7434 on the Glory. This is the opposite of 7439. It is one of the "w" shaped cabins. The balcony is about twice as long as the standard balconies. What we liked about this cabin is that the bed faces the balcony door and window. There is no couch in this cabin. The bathroom is a little tight to get into as it is beside the bed and the door does not open all the way. You have to walk past the door and open it. We still loved it.

6452 is a wraparound cabin which we were in on our other trip on the Glory.

It is very long and wider than 7434 or the standard balconies. However...if you are interested in privacy, don't book this one. Your neighbors can see completely up and down it due to the angled dividers. I like to sit in my robe after my shower in the morning and drink my coffee...or whatever...No can do.

It is o.k. if you don't mind company all the time. We love meeting new people but like our private moments too!

Good choice on 7434...

Just FYI......the Conquest Class ships are deeper afts than Spirit class....I had 8454 on Conquest and LOVED it....I had a chair and chaise out there but had the room "stubby" to bring me one from the pool....That aft balcoy will spoil you but not as much privacy as a regular.......I saw some things I didn't mean too.:eek:

Also,,,,,,,the cabin I had 8454 does NOT have a sofa and is a little bit smaller in width and the door entry hall.....but we managed.:D

Archived