Parasailing in St. Thomas

Scecy

Hi! I have read over and over that I should not book any excursions through the cruise ship (we'll be on the Allure) and that's fine with us on Nassau and St. Maarten. But the one thing we want to do on St. Thomas in go parasailing. Is it really such a bad idea to book that through the cruise ship? It certainly seems to simplify matters: we go from the ship to wherever the parasailing happens and then get returned to the ship. I am concerned that if we try to book this on our own, we won't go to a good place (I have read some horrible reviews from people booking their own parasailing adventure) and the travel to and fro plus the parasailing itself won't be that much less than $85.

Have people managed to arrange parasailing on their own and had good results? I'm leaning toward just booking this through the ship now and not worrying about it any more, but I thought I would check with more experienced folks.

Hey...the ship's excursions are fine.....if it's easy for you, then book it. Ship excursions are no-brainers....they tell you when and where to meet, and from that point on, all you do is have fun!

Yes...a lot of things are easy to do on your own, but if you want parasailing, and the ship offers it....there is NOTHING wrong with the excursion!

There are some times when it is just easier to book the excursion with the cruise line, there is nothing wrong at all with that! We have been on great excursions both with and outside of the ship! I agree with you regarding cost. You may be able to find it a little cheaper, but not by much, I would think, with transport included. I have seen it offered on a beach (in Mexico) for $35 but that dud not include any transportation, so $75 St. Thomas does not sound outrageous. We were there last week, it is amazing!!!

Usually people who dont' like the cruise ships exursions are those who

A) find it really expensive and can find it elsewhere cheaper

B) know the area and can know whats worthwhile and what isn't

but if you feel comfortable with the price... usually the cruise lines pick a reputable business for which to place their excursions.

As well, you can be rest assured that the ship won't leave you behind. If something bad were to happen and you take longer to get back to the ship. The ship won't leave until every cruise excursion is in.

Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived