Tender in CocoCay...with an almost 12 month old??

CruisinWithMySweetie

Has anyone taken a baby on a tender in CocoCay? DD will be almost 12 months old, and I wasn't sure if this was safe and/or allowed? (I could leave her on the ship with Grandma, but would prefer to have a fun family beach day).

Also - would you bring a stroller on CocoCay? I wasn't sure if there would be too much sand and not enough paved areas to make this a hassle.

Yes, of course its safe. All of us who have cruised with infants have done it. :D Just PLEASE take the baby out of the stroller to transfer her to the tender. So many times I have seen the crew transfer the baby strapped in the stroller over open water. :eek: Yeah, not MY child.

Just carry the baby. Have someone else carry the stroller. You are right, the lightwight strollers WITH roof are perfect for napping in the sand - but you'll have to carry it to get to your destination. There are some areas you can push the stroller. But a lightweight one you can carry would be easier on everyone.

Coco Cay is beautiful. One of my favorite places! Have a great time!

The tenders...

155.jpg

Pics from Coco Cay

178.jpg

180.jpg

197.jpg

Yes, they will have attendants that will assist you walking onto the tender. Just make sure to hold your DD and fold the stroller. They will assist you and the baby on and then store the stroller until you disembark and have it waiting for you as you get off. We just make sure to sit towards the middle of the tender so baby is not near the edge.

Archived