Magic Inside Spa Rooms on Deck 12

maggieworkman

Can someone who has stayed in one of the inside spa staterooms on Deck 12 on the Magic (12008, 12012, 12018, 12022) tell me how they are?? They are sideways and next to the saunas. Just wondering about noise, traffic, ease to spa, etc.

We have stayed on Deck 11 on the Dream in an inside spa room. But on the Dream you only have to walk up one flight of stairs to the thermal suite and thalasso pool. But on the Magic and Breeze, these are on Deck 14, so we would have to go up 2 flights. But the Magic and Breeze have a couple inside rooms on Deck 12, which would mean only walking up one flight to the thermal suite and thalasso pool.

I'm looking at one of these on the Breeze.

Thanks,

Maggie

If anyone has been in the Magic Spa, please tell me if there is male and female steam room in the spa locker room/dressing room.

I already know about the sauna in the fitness center downstairs, so I'm specifically asking about the spa locker room. Thanks.

I was in a Spa Balcony room on Deck 12 for my Magic cruise. There is very little traffic up there. The Inside cabins are also well away from the door leading to the Water Works area. It is an awesome location IMO. I loved walking right outside and onto the open decks. I would caution getting on of the Balcony Cabins near the end of the hall by the outside door. The door itself is heavy wood and shuts very loudly. I kept thinking the whole time that the people down there were constantly hearing it slam shut.

The Spa bathrooms/locker rooms have no other amenities except nice showers and lockers. There are no steam rooms, etc in those. The downstairs bathrooms by the fitness center do have a Sauna, but it is pretty small.

We enjoyed our Spa room and would do it again. The T-pool was fantastic and it never got crowded like I worried about. I just wish they could have some Aft Spa Balcony cabins....

• 3 weeks later...
I was in a Spa Balcony room on Deck 12 for my Magic cruise. There is very little traffic up there. The Inside cabins are also well away from the door leading to the Water Works area. It is an awesome location IMO. I loved walking right outside and onto the open decks. I would caution getting on of the Balcony Cabins near the end of the hall by the outside door. The door itself is heavy wood and shuts very loudly. I kept thinking the whole time that the people down there were constantly hearing it slam shut.

The Spa bathrooms/locker rooms have no other amenities except nice showers and lockers. There are no steam rooms, etc in those. The downstairs bathrooms by the fitness center do have a Sauna, but it is pretty small.

We enjoyed our Spa room and would do it again. The T-pool was fantastic and it never got crowded like I worried about. I just wish they could have some Aft Spa Balcony cabins....

We've booked 12012.. Which did you have? Are the rooms adequate sized? Do you have any pics? Never had an inside cabin before.. And thanks for the info on the pool. Nice to know!

Excellent news. That means the spa steam rooms are free!!! You only have to pay to use T-pool and the hot lounge chairs.

No, that's not correct.

Tiggerman stated that the steam room next to the gym was small and they're free.

The steam and sauna rooms, hot loungers, etc., are behind locked doors on the spa deck. This is the area that you need a pass for.

• 4 weeks later...
No, that's not correct.

Tiggerman stated that the steam room next to the gym was small and they're free.

The steam and sauna rooms, hot loungers, etc., are behind locked doors on the spa deck. This is the area that you need a pass for.

I e-mailed carnival about this and the steam room in the spa is free (but not the hot loungers or the t-pool). I plan to bring my e-mails along with me in case I get any trouble. This is one of those Carnival secrets. Call them and ask yourself if you don't believe me.

I just saw this thread again. For the record, they are saunas in the gym locker rooms, not steam rooms. The locker rooms in the Spa area have nothing but showers. Basically, there is a free Sauna and everything else is part of the Spa Pass.

I was in cabin 12034 which is a balcony cabin. On a side note, people always talk about the balconies of these cabins being viewable from above., It is not really the case on the Magic. There are some metal bars above the balcony that obstruct the view from anyone hanging over the side of the Serenity area looking down.

Again, it was a great cabin and I loved the location. I would caution against getting a room near the door that leads outside. It is heavy and makes a loud noise when shut. Also there was a service closet for the cabin stewards right across the hall from us. We heard them in there a lot. It didn't matter much because it was only during the day, but it was still noticeable.

I just saw this thread again. For the record, they are saunas in the gym locker rooms, not steam rooms. The locker rooms in the Spa area have nothing but showers. Basically, there is a free Sauna and everything else is part of the Spa Pass.

This is my communication with Carnival.

Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Only the steam room is free. All other services including the services you listed are additional.

Thank you again for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

--- Original Message ---

Received: 10/6/11 1:18:12 PM EDT

To: <guestinfo@carnival.com>

Subject: RE: Shipboard Knowledge

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}So, if the steam room is no extra cost. What does the extra cost include the therapy pool? the mud room? the scrub? the fitness classes? the heated lounge chairs? the showers?

Sorry to be a pain but I did try to find this information on your website. If there is a link to this information please send it.

If it is something Carnival purposely keeps quiet, I promise not to post it on the web, but I would like to know. Thanks.

To: xxxx

Subject: Re: RE: Shipboard Knowledge <<#634093-1955520#>>

Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:37:41 -0400

.ExternalClass p{margin-bottom:0;}

i_safe.gif

Hello xxxxx.

There is no extra cost for the steam room.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

--- Original Message ---

Received: 10/5/11 11:39:42 AM EDT

Subject: RE: Shipboard Knowledge

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Is the steam room in the spa on the Magic included in the fare or free? or do you have to be in spa room, or pay a daily/weekly spa use fee to use the steam room in the spa. Thank you.

To:xxxxxx

Subject: Re: Shipboard Knowledge <<#634093-1955520#>>

Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:39:20 -0400

.ExternalClass p{margin-bottom:0;}

i_safe.gif

Hello xxxxx.

It is located in the spa on deck 12.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

--- Original Message ---

Received: 10/4/11 4:50:32 PM EDT

Subject: Shipboard Knowledge

Exactly where is the free use steam room on the Carnival Magic or what is it called. Thank you.

On cruise critic they say there is only a free sauna, but I wrote in to carnival before was told there was a free steam room. Thank you.

Contact Type: Already Booked

I am: Not Booked Yet

Can someone who has stayed in one of the inside spa staterooms on Deck 12 on the Magic (12008, 12012, 12018, 12022) tell me how they are?? They are sideways and next to the saunas. Just wondering about noise, traffic, ease to spa, etc.

We have stayed on Deck 11 on the Dream in an inside spa room. But on the Dream you only have to walk up one flight of stairs to the thermal suite and thalasso pool. But on the Magic and Breeze, these are on Deck 14, so we would have to go up 2 flights. But the Magic and Breeze have a couple inside rooms on Deck 12, which would mean only walking up one flight to the thermal suite and thalasso pool.

I'm looking at one of these on the Breeze.

Thanks,

Maggie

You only have to go up one deck on the Magic as well. There is no deck 13.

If you are booking a inside spa cabin which includes a free spa pass, why would it matter what is included or not. With the pass you get for booking a spa cabin, its all included.

(Maybe I am missing the point)

The OP was booking a spa cabin. I am just a casual reader of the thread and I plan to use the steam room without a spa cabin or a day pass. Also, letting other CC members in on the secret. Although, it is already in the Carnival secrets they don't tell you about thread.

It makes sense that it would be free because all over the Carnival Website it says the following are included in the price:

Fitness center, steam room, sauna and outdoor jogging track

Why would the Magic, one of the newest ships, be an exception?

• 2 years later...
You only have to go up one deck on the Magic as well. There is no deck 13.

No. On the Magic, if you are on Deck 11 (Panorama Deck) you have to climb up to Deck 12 and then Deck 14 to get to the T-pool and other rooms. On the Dream, if you are on the Panorama Deck (Deck 11), you only have to climb up to Deck 12 for the T-Pool and other rooms.

Maggie