****** __Port Of Miami Cruise Parking__******

Stargateman

I am looking to find an alternate site to park in Miami for our cruise (port of Miami charges $20.00 per night) I found this parking site Portofmiamicruiseparking it is less than 2 blocks from the port and they charge $4.50 per day no other fees (great price), anyone used their services? Is it a safe location? It is right across the street from the Miami Heat Arena. I appreciate any information you may have on the location. Thank you so much

Here is the info for Portofmiamicruiseparking

Compare Price

Our Price $4.50 Per Day with $0 Additional Fee

Premier Parking - $12.84/Day ($7.00+Processing Fee $5.00+Tax: $0.84)

Crowne Plaza - $10.24/Day ($4.90+$5.00 service fee+$0.34 tax)

Holiday Inn - $10.00/Day ($5.00+$5.00 service fee)

Courtyard By Marriott - $10.35/Day ($5.00+$5.00 svc fee+$1.75 airport fee+$0.35 tax)

Hilton Garden Inn - $10.94/Day ($5.55+$5.00 service fee+$0.39 tax)

We are the closest parking lot to the Port Of Miami where Cruise ships depart, 150 NE 7th St, Miami, Florida 33132 Although we are within walking distance to the port of miami, we also have taxi service to and from the port of miami on a 24-hour basis or on demand. Make your online reservations or call us directly at 305-803-3369 or 305-970-5516

The parking lots have secure perimeter fencing, controlled access egress points and surveillance equipment, which are monitored by our onsite staff. We strongly recommend that you do not leave valuables in your vehicle at any time.

Parking Arrival: Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:0

Parking Departure: Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:00

Self Parking

Total:$31.50

Rate: $4.50/day

I have not used them myself, but I have seen some pretty negative posts with some positive ones mixed in. I would research it thoroughly before booking it. Good luck!

I am going to stick with United Airport Parking. They are not perfect, and they are not the cheapest, but at least it is a parking garage that locks up.

I have not used them myself, but I have seen some pretty negative posts with some positive ones mixed in. I would research it thoroughly before booking it. Good luck!

I am going to stick with United Airport Parking. They are not perfect, and they are not the cheapest, but at least it is a parking garage that locks up.

Thank you for the answer, I called United Airport parking and was told to not arrive before 11:30 (we will not be allowed to enter before 11:30) and according to the gentlemen we should be at the cruise ship around 12:00 - 12:30, we may give United Airport a try.

Thank you

Thank you for the answer, I called United Airport parking and was told to not arrive before 11:30 (we will not be allowed to enter before 11:30) and according to the gentlemen we should be at the cruise ship around 12:00 - 12:30, we may give United Airport a try.

Thank you

Your welcome. The only negative I had with them was the shuttle. It wasn't as prompt as they advertise (hopefully they do a better job now than when I used them) and they only take up to 4 in one party. Since we had 5, that made it a bit more difficult for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

I see a couple of issues with this place. You still have to find transportation to the port, whereas the other places will shuttle you back and forth. This would be a good walk with luggage, although you could drop the luggage and one person stay while the other parks the car then walks back.

They are also misquoting the prices for the other places. We have used UnitedAirportParking.com 3 times which books you with Premier. The $5 service charge is once per stay, not every day so this place is falsely representing the competitors' prices.

I'd be open to it though for the cost savings if I felt my car would be secure. Looking forward to other comments.

I looked up the address of that place and Google Earthed it - it is uncovered and in an industrial looking area. There really isn't anything around it, and it's near the railroad tracks.

I have also read a couple of comments about it. One person had their car broken into, another said there were homeless folks on the lot. I can't speak to the validity of these comments, but that's what was posted.

Personally, I'll stick with the covered garage that has a shuttle - even if it is slow!

• 4 weeks later...

I used United on my last cruise and will be using them again in a few weeks. Having a Jeep with no, or limited, top and windows on, I like the idea of parking in a garage to keep it out of the elements when I'm gone. I got there early and first off the ship so shuttle trip to and from was quick and painless.

Why do you feel it is unwalkable??

You can walk to the port, but it wouldn't be much fun. I metered the distance while dropping off passengers on the NCL Pearl today. It's 1.6 miles of largely uninteresting walking from the corner of Bayshore and Port Blvd to Terminal B. There is a sidewalk on the bridge. Wouldn't want to do it with a lot of luggage. In my opinion, not a festive way to start off a great vacation. For the taxiphobic.

Edited by FLAHAM

Baseball Mom: I can't imagine where you or anyone else has seen negative comments about "Port of Miami Cruise Parking". I have researched it to death and cannot find anything valid or not. As a matter of fact, no one has commented either way. I will be there on Wednesday leaving on the NCL Dawn. I will leave a post here before the ship sails about how the surroundings look and whether we decided to park there. We have already booked and paid for our 11 days.

Just a side note, if you google earth it the only tracks you would be able to see is the monorail that goes over the street through the area. It is a governmental/business section of Miami. Back to google earth, if you google my address you will see our boat. We have not had a boat for over a year. So there may now be a fence around the property. I'd rather take a taxi for $5 over the bridge than wait for a shuttle (especially if they say you can't park until 11:30) and grab a cab back instead of waiting for a shuttle, as well as, waiting for it to fill up in order to get us back to our car.

Good or bad I will let you know how we make out. We do have two newer vehicles (2011), so if there is any doubt of safety we will opt to deal with the $49.50 refund when we get back (in the case it is not secured and video survillenced as their ad states) and park at the port. However, if someone is going to worry about their vehicle their entire cruise, they would be better off just parking at the port for $20 per day. (However, someone could actually hit you car while parked there. There is no security per se in the garage, just a toll booth on the way out to pay.)

Edited by rpbcouple

Baseball Mom: I can't imagine where you or anyone else has seen negative comments about "Port of Miami Cruise Parking". I have researched it to death and cannot find anything valid or not. As a matter of fact, no one has commented either way. I will be there on Wednesday leaving on the NCL Dawn. I will leave a post here before the ship sails about how the surroundings look and whether we decided to park there. We have already booked and paid for our 11 days.

Just a side note, if you google earth it the only tracks you would be able to see is the monorail that goes over the street through the area. It is a governmental/business section of Miami. Back to google earth, if you google my address you will see our boat. We have not had a boat for over a year. So there may now be a fence around the property. I'd rather take a taxi for $5 over the bridge than wait for a shuttle (especially if they say you can't park until 11:30) and grab a cab back instead of waiting for a shuttle, as well as, waiting for it to fill up in order to get us back to our car.

Good or bad I will let you know how we make out. We do have two newer vehicles (2011), so if there is any doubt of safety we will opt to deal with the $49.50 refund when we get back (in the case it is not secured and video survillenced as their ad states) and park at the port. However, if someone is going to worry about their vehicle their entire cruise, they would be better off just parking at the port for $20 per day. (However, someone could actually hit you car while parked there. There is no security per se in the garage, just a toll booth on the way out to pay.)

Are you certain of the "no security" in the garage? I recall our battery being dead when we returned from a cruise. It was just a few minutes when someone in a Security vehicle happened upon us and gave us a charge.

Rpbcouple - we are also planning on parking there next Monday (28th) and have paid our reservation. As we are traveling light and it is only 1.6 miles we are just going to walk it, work off some of those calories before we get on the ship.

Thanks, Flaham for the distance and the fact that there is a sidewalk across the bridge. That made our decision to walk easier, we are packing light!

Are you certain of the "no security" in the garage? I recall our battery being dead when we returned from a cruise. It was just a few minutes when someone in a Security vehicle happened upon us and gave us a charge.

I should have said that I have never seen security. 14 of our cruises were leaving from POM and have never seen nor needed security. Maybe they are like some cabin stewards. Sometimes you never see them, but it is apparent they are there.:D

Saylorgirl: You may want to consider dropping off your checked luggage at the port then parking your car. Then you can have a nice leisurely walk over the bridge with just your carry-on things. I have seen many crew members walk back the other way over the bridge to go to Bayside. It is doable as long as it is not raining.

Edited by rpbcouple

This lot called Port of Miami Cruise Parking located at 150 Ne 7th St Miami is located over the bridge back towards town. It is hard to catch a taxi from there unless you walk. Also it is not secure and our car was damaged very badly from someone vandalizing the lot. 10 cars total. The damage to our 2001 Cadillac was 1500 dollars.......completely broken out front right passenger window and the right rear window was pried upon and it would not shut. It was pouring down rain the morning we came in so the leather interior front and back was soaked. The lot attendant could not speak English so he knew nothing. We called and got the name of someone supposedly with the insurance. This happened the first week of Oct and we still have heard nothing from the owner of the property, the name of the insurance, or any monetary amount yet on the damage. Do not patronize this lot for $4.50 per day it isn't worth it. Park at the port and pay the price for protection. This lot is a hoax and only want their money. They said the cost of damages is up to the owners of the 10 cars damaged and their insurance company. What a joke? This property is owned by a LLC company in Miami and a lot of hands are in it. Take our word for it.:mad:

Rainbowteam: It was so considerate of you to join cruise critic yesterday after returning from your cruise a month ago and create a screen name just so you can come on here to warn us about this new parking venue. Is there anything about your cruise experience you would like to share which may also warn us about a certain cruiseline etc.? :rolleyes:

Rainbowteam: It was so considerate of you to join cruise critic yesterday after returning from your cruise a month ago and create a screen name just so you can come on here to warn us about this new parking venue. Is there anything about your cruise experience you would like to share which may also warn us about a certain cruiseline etc.? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly!!! Maybe someone doesn't like the competition of $4.50 per day.

i have park with united and had no trouble,also have new car.they drop you off and picked us up within 15 minutes of calling..that was on my last cruise. This time im staying at global parking,being closer to the port.total prepay bill was $66 and change for 7 days in february2012.Has anyone stayed at global before??Ive never been on a bad cruise and ive been on 10 carnival, celebriety and ncl..love them all.GO WITH THE IDEA OF HAVING A GREAT CRUISE AND U WILL:)

Yes, I certainly don't want this happening to anyone else. Our car has only 89000 miles on it and it is almost 11 years old but like new. They did nothing there to cover the windows after they were broken by the vandal and now nothing after the fact. You just keep getting the run around. Gary Laboss is the one who was supposed to be the big insurance man for the lot. The manager was Luis Parejo. After we kept getting the run around about the insurance thing, I looked online for the county to see who owned the property. I'll put a copy of my letter in this post so you can see what we have all gone through and I am sure all the people involved are having the same problem. They own all the lots in this area and are letting them go cheap to make money. Go PORT OF MAIMI parking all the time because at least there are officers at the port. Mandatory by law that they are there. Here is my letter I sent and see the man's name who owns them all........Hope this helps all of you i your choice of parking at POM.

October 28, 2011

Mr. Arthur Falcone

PWV Group 1 Holdings LLC

1951 NW 19th Street, Ste 200

Boca Raton, FL 33431

RE: Car Damaged at 150 NE 7th St. parking lot MPD Case #111009276132

Dear Mr. Falcone:

Let me introduce myself along with my spouse. I am Betty Greenslate and my husband’s name is Roger. We are residents of North Port Florida and both retired Law Enforcement with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office. My husband also being with the Punta Gorda and Sarasota Police Departments until his full retirement 2 years ago.

On the 4th of October we parked in your parking lot that you own under the name PWV Group 1 Holdings LLC located at 150 NE 7th Street, Miami Beach. We also know that the lot is operated by M & M Parking Management, LLC, 1210 Michigan Ave, Miami Beach FL 33139 of which Luis Parejo is one of the operators. We paid for the parking through PayPal and Parking Services LLC for which I have my receipt and I will include in this letter. We paid for parking through the 8th of October. When we returned to our car on the 8th, nine vehicles plus our car (2001 Cadillac Seville SLS) were damaged with broken windows/broken pried on windows. Some of the car alarms were still going off when my husband got there in the pouring down rain. The case number is Miami PD Case #111009276132. .

Our car had the right front window smashed and the hole in the window caused an enormous amount of water to rain in (since it had rained all night the night before) on our leather seat and leather on the door. The right rear window had been pried on at the top and was down about 3 inches and wouldn’t go back up, so the right rear seat was soaked also. The person working the lot spoke no English.

I called Luis, who is the operator of this particular lot. His phone number is 305-970-5516.

Luis said a police report was filled out and they caught the person who did the damage. Miami PD Case number shown above. Luis said I had to speak with Gary Leboss at this phone number 305-666-2572 or 305-542-7232 to take care of getting the insurance information from the owner of the lot.

I called Gary and gave him my information and he said he would be getting back to me the next day with the insurance information, which I still have not gotten from him. He keeps saying “he is the middle man between the operator of the lot and the owner of the lot”, which says it is owned by PWV Group 1 Holdings LLC, 1951 NW 19th Street, Ste 200, Boca Raton, FL 33431, which has the same address as your company. It also gives the registered agent to the company as Gary N. Gerson. Gary Leboss told me to email him the estimate for our car along with the receipt from our payment to the parking lot that I made through PayPal. I sent this email to Gary Leboss at uainsure@bellsouth.net on the 24th of October. Our estimate was $1574.14 from the Cadillac Auto Body in Venice Florida, which I will include a copy. The only thing he said when I called him to make sure he received the estimate was “our estimate seemed high.” Well, yes it will be because our car is a Cadillac and Cadillac parts are more expensive. Our car is in very good condition with only 90,000 miles on it and we want it to be fixed by the Cadillac shop.

We are really getting the run around here and can’t understand why if there were 10 cars total that were damaged and broken into, why we can’t get the insurance company information. Can you please contact me by phone so maybe we can get our car fixed? My phone number is 941-266-1615 and my name again is Betty Greenslate. We have a high deductible on our insurance, but I don’t feel it is our place to have it fixed since we paid to park in the lot which states in the ad it is secure and safe with security cameras. I am enclosing a copy of that statement from the ad. I am not upset with you but with how this is being handled by whoever Gary Leboss is in this mess. This Saturday it will be 3 weeks and we still don’t know any more than we did before we contacted Luis and Gary the first time when we returned.

We are supposed to leave the end of this month for CT because our son is having surgery and being a single parent he needs us to take care of the children. Right now our car is not in any condition to drive to CT, which means we would need to get a rental car too, which would be another $500 minimum on the bill.

Thank you ever so much and I hope we can get this settled.

Sincerely,

Betty & Roger Greenslate, 2602 Saybrook Av, North Port FL 34286

PARKING AD FOR THE LOT LOCATED AT THIS WEBSITE:

OUR PARKING RATES

$4.50/Day

$0 Fees

CONVENIENT

We are the closest parking lot to the Port Of Miami where Cruise ships depart, 150 NE 7th St, Miami, Florida 33132 Although we are within walking distance to the Port of Miami, we also have taxi service to and from the Port of Miami on a 24-hour basis or on demand. Make your online reservations or call us directly at 305-803-3369 or 305-970-5516 Luis.

SAFE & SECURE

The parking lots have secure perimeter fencing, controlled access egress points and surveillance equipment, which are monitored by our onsite staff. We strongly recommend that you do not leave valuables in your vehicle at any time.

Always open, never full. The quickest, most convenient way to park at the

Port of Miami for cruise ship parking and long term parking.

AFFORDABLE

Port Of Miami Cruise Parking offers the lowest prices and will beat any competitor's price. Don't waste time, money on other sites; we have the best parking rates at an unbeatable $4.50/a day! Let us save you up to 75% on parking!

Why Choose Us?

Port Of Miami Cruise Parking .com is dedicated to offering its customers the safest, most reliable parking facilities available while still maintaining a discounted daily rate to offer our traveling customers.

Here is what you can expect from the parking facilities listed on our website.

Safe & Secure. Fenced and gated.

Fast service to and from your destination. Friendly service.

Rainbowteam,

Thank you for your post. We always park at the cruiseport. Mainly for the convenience...like to be on our way after the cruise and not have to wait around for a shuttle. Hope your experience helps someone here.

As far as cruise lines go, we prefer Celebrity over any other cruise line, but then we have not travelled on Princess or MSC and I understand they are wonderful also. Celebrity is just a more polished ship in more ways than one. The food is superb, the help is very friendly and professional, the rooms are super clean and accomodating and they run very good specials certain times of the year. Better entertainment and any hour of the day you can find entertainment somewhere on the ship. Carnival is cheap priced and cheap all the way around. Good for families who have large families. Me, I prefer quiet and Celebrity accomodations!:o

http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com/blog/?p=6

For anyone who has parked in the parking lot located at the base of the bridge at 150 NE 7th St, Miami at POM, the link above is a comment page for the site for your experience parking there. Please make your comments on it and what you know about it and maybe we can put them out of business. Just FYI for those who care. Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

:o