Top THREE things to do/see in St Thomas

BeadBabe

Wow, my mind is boggled with all the options for this port !! :eek:

Ok, so lets get to the nitty gritty....

You've been to St Thomas....you can only do THREE things. What would they be that you simply could not miss??:D Or better yet if you LIVED there and your BFF's from the states were coming, what would they simply HAVE to see?

Also, is there a local special something in the eat or drink department that is a MUST consume?:cool:

Lastly...you've been in all the stores I know. ;) What did you see that was truly unique to the area and you had to buy one?

Okay, I like a modified island tour with beach bar stops. Drive around the island and stop at 2-3 of the following: Lindbergh, Hull Bay, Magens, Sapphire, Cowpet (the Elysian), Secret Harbour, Bolongo Bay, Morningstar Beach. Swim if you want, hang out, eat or have cocktails. If you are interested in views and not beaches, add the Sunset Grill at Frenchman's Reef or drive up to Paradise Point. If you want to take a picnic and go to beaches without amenities, add: John Brewer's Bay, Lindquist/Smith Bay.

Local drinks: Bushwacker. Also anything with Cruzan rum. Many bartenders have their own special concoction- rum and ting, rum and passion fruit, rum and soursop. Just ask!;)

For local food, go to Cuzzin's and have chicken soup, conch (either curried or in butter sauce), fish of the day (it will come whole with the tail and head, the wait staff will help you) or mutton. Try sides like plantain, green banana, peas and rice...

Okay, I like a modified island tour with beach bar stops. Drive around the island and stop at 2-3 of the following: Lindbergh, Hull Bay, Magens, Sapphire, Cowpet (the Elysian), Secret Harbour, Bolongo Bay, Morningstar Beach. Swim if you want, hang out, eat or have cocktails. If you are interested in views and not beaches, add the Sunset Grill at Frenchman's Reef or drive up to Paradise Point. If you want to take a picnic and go to beaches without amenities, add: John Brewer's Bay, Lindquist/Smith Bay.

Local drinks: Bushwacker. Also anything with Cruzan rum. Many bartenders have their own special concoction- rum and ting, rum and passion fruit, rum and soursop. Just ask!;)

For local food, go to Cuzzin's and have chicken soup, conch (either curried or in butter sauce), fish of the day (it will come whole with the tail and head, the wait staff will help you) or mutton. Try sides like plantain, green banana, peas and rice...

Sounds yummy and delicious already!! Thanks!:D

The first time we visited St. Thomas we took an island tour. Frankly it was just okay.. its just that the last two times we were there we chose activities that involved water...either the beach or a boat/catamaran activity which we enjoyed so so much more.

The Caribbean water and sky is just so beautiful. I think any activity that involves a beach, boat or catamaran would be wonderful.

I also wasn't impressed by the shopping there. That would be very low on my list of priorities.

1. Magen's Bay

2. Paradise Point for a Bushwacker

3. ferry over to St. John and visit Trunk Bay & the Beach Bar in Cruz Bay

You should also stop at AJ Riise in Havensight and purchase a bottle or two of their Chocolate Rum Liquor. It's delicious!!

#1. Power snorkel with the turtles at Buck's Island

#2. Island tour that stops for a couple of hours at Magen's Bay

#3 Ferry over to St. John and visit a beach . I have only visited Trunk Bay and it is beautiful but next time I would visit a longer beach because I just love walking long beaches

Archived